Dynadot

.tv Why are you here?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
With people leaving, it seems like going back to the basics is needed. This might be helpful in understanding everyone's objectives with this board.

3 things I seek from Namepros

1) I'm here for opportunity. If I meet one person who can help my business, it is worth it. I have found someone who can help my business. The goal has been met.

2) I'm not looking for advice. I do look for new sites and features tied to video broadcasting that could be used to support my goals. For the most part the goal has been met.

3) I seek intelligent conversation about new media opportunities. Rhetoric, Dogma, and unwise statements are no use to anybody.

In 2007, the conversation on this board offered more stimulation. While there were more egos on the board at that time, I got more value from those conversations.

So this goal is a mixed bag.

ANYONE ELSE CARE TO SHARE?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1) make money so i can retire myself before i get too old to enjoy life
3) find new trends and try to be part of them
2) meet new cultures and ideas out of my region that hopefully will broaden my mind

•••
I think the whole online presence of the whole board has changed, less people on whole namepros. I think people have harder times and just dont have time to hang around here anymore, they are up to something else... maybe they are doing time in the developement cell.

Im here to learn and to get inspiration for my own ideas.

•••
I used to enjoy frequenting domain boards in order to "network" with others. My goal was to get to know people and hopefully find others to collaborate with. Now those goals have shifted a little. I realize the NamePros owner, operators and mods work hard to manage this site, many people forget that. The mods can't be everywhere and can't make everyone happy. I don't blame the mods for what has happened on NamePros... it has happened on countless boards across most, if not all, of the boards I visit: Domains, Webmasters, VCs, Startups, Trends, Advertising, Affiliate, Local Marketing, etc... it is happening web-wide... people have more important things to focus on right now and every minute spent on boards (unless it is integral to your business) is a minute that could be spent making money. Right now CASH is KING. It always "was" king, but now more than ever. There's very little doubt in my mind that the economy is going to get much worse before it gets better. When it comes to domains, the "deals" haven't even begun yet. When you have to choose between selling your domains VS eating or paying the mortgage, your portfolio will lose out.

I truly believe (now more than ever) that development is KEY. Parking still works for some people but development gives you more control and over time you can weed out all the middlemen and work directly with advertisers, manufacturers, etc. If you can find a way to develop any website (especially a topic you are passionate about) and make it your goal to make $1 more today than you did yesterday... you will begin to see the true power of domains, development, traffic, etc. The sooner you start, the better. When you experience that first $1, it will bring a smile to your face. When you hit $10 a day, you will start to realize that you could be doing more with your website, when you hit $100 a day, you will "give up" sleep. When you hit your first $1000 day, you will feel... actually there is no way to describe the first time... so I won't even try. Now imagine how it would feel to experience your first $10K day. Don't tell yourself it's impossible... that those numbers can't be reached... $10K a day is simple math: $3,650,000. We all know that there are websites that make that amount, so it is possible.

Recently, I spoke with a site owner who is bringing in $10,000,000+ a year with a developed network of sites... that's $25,000+ a day on average... $1,000+ an hour. Guess what? He started as a domainer 4+ years ago from scratch and never gave up. The most important thing I learned from my conversations with him is that he decided to get off his ass and got "started".

You are never going to get "anywhere" until you start "somewhere".

There's an old illustration my Father used to share with me, here's the gist:
If there is snow on the ground, and you are a soldier crossing a minefield, are you going to follow in someone else's footsteps who made it across successfully? Yes, makes sense. Are you going to blaze your own trail? Of course not. Are you going to let fear overcome you? Why? The element of danger is nearly eliminated. Are you going to tell yourself that even though someone else made it across... that you are not capable of doing the same thing? You can choose to follow in their footsteps and move at whatever pace you wish... slow & sure... or as fast as you want (especially if the enemy is shooting at you from behind). Well guess what? The Internet is such a great tool for making money and so many people have left their footprints in the snow for others to follow, many of the strategies are very transparent... it is up to you to decide to cross that minefield. I'm not saying you need to copy someone's entire business model, but there's so much advice out there that will guide you and people ignore it or let fear get the best of them.

I didn't want to make such a long post, so I'll end it here...

My reason for coming back to NamePros (and other boards) is to constantly analyze the overall market, monitor trends, and find the opportunities and people that shine through these dark times. There is plenty to learn from this board, but you need to migrate through the sections, the archives, etc... and find all the puzzle pieces yourself. No one is going to draw you a roadmap, so don't expect it. But it is very easy to follow in another's footsteps and learn from their failures and successes. Modify their model/plan to fit your goals, passions, lifestyle, workstyle... good luck to everyone.

•••
1) Buy/Sell domains/sites
2) Network
3) Promote charity ribbon sales
4) To learn and teach others

•••
I am here to get advice and to give advice. My best 2 years on the internet (most profitable) in the domain business has been between 2007-present and that is the time when I got involved in Namepros.com.

If people think this board is a waste of time than they are looking at the wrong things and focusing on non-productive stuff. The key is to take action on what you learn. If I spend all my time just reading and posting on Namepros.com and took no action, than why be on here. However, that has not been the case.

Regarding taking time away from development, I will be outsourcing the sites I develop and that has worked for me on my "2 foreclosure" sites very well. I think I spend 1 hour a week on those developed sites and let the professionals handle it. That is just how I do things.

My time is better spent buying and selling domains, researching domains, hanging out with my twin 1 year old daughters, and learning and giving advice on namepros.com (usually when the twins are napping) At the end of the day, it's all about ROI.
Thanks, Jim

•••
I am here because I believe in .tv! This board is the only serious dot tv forum on the net and I'm proud to be a part of it.
I am here to learn and teach, to buy and sell and to enjoy the forum and the great circle of friends that I have made here.

In the future we will all look back and remember these pioneering days and say "I was a part of that".

•••
I am here because this is the place to be.

There is knowledge to be gained.
There are skills to apply;
Legends to create.
I am in the company of those
who have a vision of the future
those who see with open eyes.
Those who deal with honor.

•••
I am here because I believe that .tv is the .com of the video world.. I believe that .tv hasn't even begun to scratch the surface of global acceptance.. The RT.tv sale is just the beginning of things to come, and some day, $62,000 for that name will look like an incredible bargain, even a steal.....

•••
I am here because I am really green in this industry so I look for what others are discussing and then develop my own plan for someday making money on the web. I would love to be able to "work" from the comfort of my own home and not worry about living paycheck-to-paycheck with a 9 to 5 job.

I believe that with the right information and help from others this goal is very achievable. I also believe I am at an advantage because I am single, have a minimal amount of bills, and have an interest in all things "web". If I could get to the point making $100 dollars a day like MrRhee mentioned, that to me is a success (I'm not greedy at all).

This isn't really "domaining" related, but I have recently acquired a license from my home state to make online sales. That is the easy part. I have already bought the domain that matches my business' name. My next step is to find a wholesale source and eventually get my site developed. I have recently purchased Adobe CreativeSuite CS3 in hopes of someday learning to develop my own sites, but that is a ways off.

In summary, you can probably see why I seek out the advice from professionals across the industry. I at least have a plan. I also spend alot of time scanning for available domains that may be worth a little something in hopes of reselling at a profit.

•••
Ray, I'm sure we would all love to hear your goals and aspirations for this board.

•••
These are some great posts. The definition of success is different for everybody and that what makes this community so great.

Thanks, Jim

•••
Nice Post MrRhee... very inspirational, repped.

•••
simply because I own a few nice .TVs - also developed and am currently working on developing em all... :)

•••
I do feel this is more of a community than just a message center. I pick up some pointers regarding .TV every week here, even though I have been involved with the internet and computers in general for most of my life.

I am here to pick up some pointers, share any info I can, and read about upcoming trends and such. My strength is Affiliate Marketing more than anything related to video, though.

•••
To play the alphabet game !

and keep my self informed...

and it is also serves as a substitute for my reality show addiction...

•••
I was bored on a Sunday.

•••
Hi Everyone...

Outsourcing play a vital role in Virtual world...

Why not to try hire a VA (Virtual Assistant) for your business..

A Virtual Assistant is an entrepreneur who provides professional administrative,

technical, or creative (social) assistance to clients from a home office. With a full

range of options to choose from, you can customize your remote receptionist service to

meet your exact needs. Your calls can be screened, announced and seamlessly connected to

you or your employees anywhere.

Hire a VA NOW!..it can help your business..

VA can do:

Article Writing & Submitting
Directory Submission
RSS Feed submission
Video Editing & Submission (Preferably Camtasia)
Press Release writing & distribution
Website Content writing
Keyword Research
Excellent General Research skills
Social Bookmarking/Submissions
Graphic Design Skills
Auto-Responder campaign management
Blog posting (for link building)
Forum posting (for link building)
Doing Amazon and other reviews on relevant products (for link building)
Yahoo Answers/Wiki Answers(for link building)
Various Graphic Design
Link Wheels
Squeeze Page creation using HTML inc. design
Link Exchange
Banner Advertising design
Writing E-Books
Editing Podcasts
Content and Site maintenance
Wordpress site & template/design creation
Posting on local classified advert sites
Google Adwords campaign creation and maintenance
Facebook & Twitter set-up and maintenance
Internal SEO analysis and knowledge
Other general Virtual Assistant tasks such as sorting e-mail etc.

and ... why are you here ???

•••
My thanks and kudos to MrRhee for his inspiring and motivational post.

I came here as a newbie initially to network and brainstorm. the other boards I visited shunned the .tv extension, so I guess that it was akin to the "footprints in the snow of the minefield", so to speak.

I am here for the opportunity to learn and teach what I have learned as well.

This is a nice board and I am comfortable with the camaraderie that exists within it.

To one and all, a great weekend! :wave:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back