NameSilo

information Three word .COM BabyAndBeyond.com had been sold for $350 000

Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ask, and it shall be given (or not).

•••
If BabyandBeyond.com were to be listed on namepros, resellers here will price it at $200.

Then, you begin to wonder why most domainers don't want to flip their valuable domains on namepros anymore except crappy names.

Last edited:
•••
Seems like very special name.

•••
If BabyandBeyond.com were to be listed on namepros, resellers here will price it at $200.

Then, you begin to wonder why most domainers don't want to flip their valuable domains on namepros anymore except crappy names.

There is a crazy buyer for almost every name. There is absolutely nothing about this name that is worth $250k except the buyer says so. And yes, I realize things are worth what someone will pay. All I'm saying is if he hired one of us - we could find him a baby dot com name that could be hand regged and it would be just as good. Then he could pay us $10k for our troubles and he'd save $240k.

•••
Bet it wouldn't have sold that high had it been in my possession

•••
There is a crazy buyer for almost every name. There is absolutely nothing about this name that is worth $250k except the buyer says so. And yes, I realize things are worth what someone will pay. All I'm saying is if he hired one of us - we could find him a baby dot com name that could be hand regged and it would be just as good. Then he could pay us $10k for our troubles and he'd save $240k.

But if his criteria is a baby name with the brand “and beyond” then there is none better. Understanding this is the key to this sale.

•••
But if his criteria is a baby name with the brand “and beyond” then there is none better. Understanding this is the key to this sale.

Clearly if the buyer has his heart set on a specific name, then price becomes no object. And obv in this case it was so. However, from a user perspective (someone with babies looking to shop) I can see absolutely no reason why this name is better than Babykeyword.com which could've been hand reg'ed. Obv I'm not suggesting a garbage keyword in that slot.

But, for example, BabyTown.com is avail for sale on Atom for $35k. Hard to believe "andbeyond" is worth another $215,000. One could even suggest BabyLine.com which is avail for $10k on Atom. And I'm sure if I wanted, I could find a handreg as good as that and save the guy $10k. Clearly he disagrees and has money to burn. But give me BabyTown and $215,000 and I'll compete against his $250k BabyAndBeyond website right out of the gate with $215,000 in CPC and other marketing.

•••
Clearly if the buyer has his heart set on a specific name, then price becomes no object.

This is the only thing that’s relevant in these types of situations.

Same with sales like TheDeeply and Galatea. You might have a “better” name but it’s not relevant to *this* buyer.

But give me BabyTown and $215,000 and I'll compete against his $250k BabyAndBeyond website right out of the gate with $215,000 in CPC and other marketing.

Your $215k pales in comparison to the ~35 years and hundreds of millions in advertising spent to establish the “and beyond” brand.

•••
an some jest ridicule call out question disbelieve.. actual good dn's that sell in .xyz .ai .one that make sense

imo this dn isn't even worth a hand reg

There is either money to blow here, or an exit plan for monies used as an evasive front.

You have to be kidding me.

•••
This time the domain hoarder gets all the money and the marketing group screws their client.

•••
It's actually a surprising good domain. I guess people are disputing the price purely because there was unlikely to have been much, if any competition to buy it. This happens all the time . Buyer knows what they want, Seller knows what they hold and are no doubt hard nosed negotiators

Regarding the quality of the name, I'm surprised at the so-called alternatives members are suggesting, they don't evoke anything close to the sold domain. This is a domain for 'longevity' of business to client relationship. It's a great example of true understanding of a great Tag-line domain.

No-doubt there will be a rush of 'Babyand*****' registrations but I doubt any will come close to matching this sold domain. The very best domains convey a message 'in very short form' this is one of them.

Dare I add there's even a bit of rhythm in this domain look at the pattern and letter use B and Y it all adds up

Last edited:
•••
GGdOKTDWcAAax3q.jpg

GGdipQPWcAAv8uJ.jpg

•••
So there you go, a business with a planned theme launch. I wonder how much the seller had picked-up while negotiating. In the realm of Business launches, I would imagine the buyers are just pleased to secure the domains Wonder what the sales history of the kids domain was. See it was registered in 2011

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
It's a crap domain name, you are delusional if you think otherwise. Whether or not a business is being built on it we should be upholding a higher standard to naming and what we sell.

Let these kind of domains run free for registrations from the entities that think they need them rather than making some sort of justification that it's a match for a brand that should do better in using an online address that serves as pure function rather than a long term designation that sticks in peoples skulls.

This kind of domain will absolutely never be typed in, it will merely be searched and clicked upon result. It does not warrant a seller asking hundreds of thousands of dollars for and a slap in the face on the entire industry for the value it makes to perceive.

Last edited:
•••
Don't see the kids domain as good as the baby one, But hey, catch the client early

I can appreciate that some people will not see that it is a Great tag-line domain. It's a label if you wish. But how many business names are just that. Some stick with the obvious punch-line domains, some delve deeper

Last edited:
•••
Lo And Behold

Something that you say when you tell someone about something surprising that happened in the domain industry.

•••
Last edited:
•••
This shows exactly how difficult it is sometimes to set a good sales price for your domains. A portfolio may well contain a portion of 'moonshot' domains. In addition, a substantial portion will usually consist of domains that are affordable for a large target group and have a higher turnover rate. The mix must be balanced and well thought out.

Last edited:
•••
i despise this sale.
They wasted a lot of money.

They already own Beyond.com; they should build around “Beyond.com” not this 3 word awful

I may be biased; i hate “BedBathBeyond” too.

Beyond.com is their only good one.
It is beyond amazing.

Last edited:
•••
Also shows the benefit of good investigative work when initial offers are received. I very much doubt that the final sales figure was just plucked out of thin air by the seller. Quite often the relevant information can be out there, your just unlikely to find it on the first 10 to 20 pages of google. Your basically searching for business leaks, recent entry or expansion within relevant business sectors etc. It can become a mind-numbing fools errand but at least you've done your best.

Most large businesses with employed Marketing agencies are rarely restricted to a unique domain, they want all the stars to line-up otherwise they will just move on. There's very little point in asking others for a valuation when that enquiry comes in. Compose your mind and the nature of your search and enquiries. It can be a lot of work

•••
It's a decent domain, better than most of the names posted here.

Congrats to the seller, sales like this help the industry more than low figure sales.

•••
Also shows the benefit of good investigative work when initial offers are received.
You're right about that too. I myself have everything on BIN, including domains that have more value. Having a Make Offer strategy indeed offers the opportunity to research and determine the price when a concrete inquiry comes in.

With my BIN-only strategy I also receive Offers sometimes, after which I do some (new) research at that time to make a counter offer.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back