IT.COM

Namewinner

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

KingDon

Mr Big StuffVIP Member
Impact
Is there a way to see what eveyone is bidding on over there at namewinner? Can you see what people have put bids on?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i think the only way to check what a bid is at is by putting a bid in yourself and seeing what the top bid is

i personally dont think a list like this would be beneficial as everyone would see would everyone else was bidding on and it would be hard to get domains which arent even that great :)

•••
AAAAA, what's up fonz? Good to see you here, I'm guessing everyone will be trickling back in, I was glad to see them put the site back up. I see what you mean about a list at namewinner, I'm just looking to find out what everybody's interested in; nothing attracts a crowd like a crowd. Is there a way to see a list of Domains that are actually going to drop tomorrow?

•••
You can do a search over at namewinner now, but they no longer offer a list of all the names that are bid on.

•••
Add domains for which you have an interest to your "watch list" ... then, I believe, the top bid amount is highlighted automatically. Naturally, you'll then have an opportunity to add it to your "purchase list". I think that's how it works.
Good Luck.

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Add domains for which you have an interest to your "watch list" ... then, I believe, the top bid amount is highlighted automatically. Naturally, you'll then have an opportunity to add it to your "purchase list". I think that's how it works.
Good Luck.

Correct! :)

•••
I won an auction lately, i know that i was the highest bid because the system said it, i was recorded 4 seconds before the hold on time and above all the system didn't sent a mail that i was outbided (as usually when a proxy bid beat you).
SO i waited, waited waited and guess what?
The name is registered thru NameZero:
Registrar: CAT, INC. D/B/A NAMEZERO.COM
Whois Server: www.whois.namezero.com
Referral URL: http://www.namezero.com
Name Server: No nameserver
Updated Date: 23-may-2003
Creation Date: 23-may-2003
Expiration Date: 23-may-2004

I tried to report that to their customer service, funny, no answer.
One day before i contacted them to ask why i couldn't bid over 100$, i received an answer in the next hour asking me if i would like to increase this limit..... (interest?).... and for this request (without any money interest) i don't even have a word.

I am sceptic, but i would like to understand.

•••
I have had a complaint thru thier crappy helpdesk system for over a month with no reply

•••
Originally posted by doubledee999
I have had a complaint thru thier crappy helpdesk system for over a month with no reply

Hey DD! From what I've been told, this is pretty much "par for the course" over there ... be persistent, I guess they DO reply eventually. Please keep us posted, as this is important stuff. :)
Thanks.

•••
Hopefully they will reply sometime., If not maybe they will delete the name, it is just in limbo for the past month and a half., I contacted dotster who said they could not access the NW system., What a pain.

•••
Yeh, I got a few domains there still at NW, and even though someone else eventually got them at drop time, they still reflect in my freakin' "Purchase list", and there is NO OPTION TO REMOVE THEM from there. So, there they sit in my account until eternity!
Grrrrr.
Thanks. I had to get that out. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back