Dynadot

news “Domain Name” is a pay-to-play search term on Google

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
For all of Google’s talk about how website owners need to provide good content above the fold, not just ads, Google.com has become a bunch of ads. Today I was searching for “domain name” (no quotes) and this is what I saw above the fold:
google-search-domain-name.jpg

Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have also noticed this for other terms. Google is flooded with Ads now. It's difficult to see the wood for the trees.

It's a lot more difficult to know where the ads are now on mobile, because the search results are no longer pages, but one long list that expands. They used to appear a few and the bottom and the top of each page.

Last edited:
•••
It has turned into one big cesspool of advertising IMO, a lot of begging for business going on in those search results. they never practice what they preach, sometimes my search results are nothing short of link farms these days.

•••
It's almost automatic these days. you drop to the middle of the search results on page 1 or even straight to page 2 before even bothering to look at the results or click a link

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back