Afternic experiment of April 2024

Spaceship
Watch

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hello everyone,

Last month was a very special and recording breaking month in terms of number of sales. Although I keep adding new domains every month which should boost the number of sales but that normally doesn’t happen. I think this was a one-off month and I would love to have such sales every month on a regular basis. I’m working hard on making this happen with more consistency and this can be achieved with a slightly larger portfolio size (currently 9,390) and similar quality of domains.

Coming back to the sales, I’m excited to share it with my fellow friends and followers:

HealthIndustries.com – This was the first sale of the month and it sold for $5,888 via BIN. Acquired it via DropCatch in 2019.

PurpleTv.com – Another BIN sale for $3,988. Hold time around 3 years.

Ahorn.net – It’s always a nice feeling to sell .net domains and they do sell but at a slower pace than .com. This was a BIN sale for $1,988 and hold time was 5 years.

SonaHealth.com – “Health” keyword domains are a good investment but one has to make sure to buy with the right combination. This one sold for $4,888 via BIN. Hold time 4 years.

Twinery.com – This was sold for $1,988. I think the buyer got a great deal here. This can be used as a one word brand or t+Winery. Hold time around 3 years.

Symbook.com – Another $1,988 BIN sale and the hold time was 4 years.

Igiro.com – This domain was having a BIN of $4,888 but eventually I accepted $3,000 after going back and forth with the buyer. Salute to the broker who was very patient and cracked the deal smoothly. The deal took more than a month of follow-ups and calls to get this done.

ACR.CO – The highest amount of sales last month at $9,888 and surprisingly that came in via .CO sale. I love to invest in .CO domains. This was acquired in a small bulk deal 4 years back.

RemarkSolutions.com – Another BIN sale for $1,988 with hold time of 1 year only. Such wonderful two word domains are a good investment and “solutions” is a great keyword to look after.

CountLine.com – Around 3 years hold time and this was sold for $2,988.

ECO5.com – This domain was acquired via NameJet in 2019. This was sold for $8,000 after a tricky negotiation happened behind the scenes for which I appreciate the great skills of the broker who made the deal happen smoothly.

AvantiSolutions.com – Another BIN sale for $4,888 with a hold time of 4 years. Didn’t I say just now that the “solutions” keyword is great for investment :xf.wink: But make sure the combination make senses to you as well as for the buyer.

Monte.CO – 6 years hold time which is a long time period considering high renewal fee. But I love .CO domains and they do sell well if you buy the right domains. The initial offer was $1,500 but I remained firm on the BIN of $3,988 and credit to the broker who was able to convince the buyer to hit the BIN.

FromFearToFreedom.com – It’s a four word domain and one should never worry about too many character containing or 3-4 word domains. As long as it’s making sense, you may buy it. Acquired it in $xx and sold it for $1,988 via BIN.

Legarda.com – Another equally highest amount of sale for $9,888 like ACR.CO last month. This was another BIN sale. Hold time 4 years. This is a popular person name and a lot of companies are using this term as their brand name.

NewWineSkin.com – A great sale for a three word domain for $5,888 via BIN. Hold time around 1 year.

RsBrands.com – Another BIN sale for $1,988. You’ll notice that I’ve sold several LL+keyword domains. One should note that LL has to be western premium letters and the word should be a strong keyword.

SurrenderedLife.com – Along with many other BIN sales, this one was sold for $2,988. A GoDaddy closeout purchase a couple of years ago.

Value-Group.com – Finally a hyphenated sale. The initial offer was $1,407 but I remained firm at BIN of $1,988 and eventually it sold without making any compromise on the price. “Group” keyword domains can be a good investment if you choose it wisely.

Cetindag.com – A person’s name sold for $1,988 BIN. Hold time 2 years and this was acquired via GoDaddy closeouts.

ZoomMortgage.com – This domain had a BIN of $9,888 but after the negotiations, the broker was able to convince the buyer to pull the trigger at $7,444 which was their highest offer after the initial offer of $6,000. Hold time 3 years.

Essentico.com – One word brandable domain. They’re always good to invest in but are getting costlier as the time goes by. Hold time around 2 years. This was another BIN sale for $3,988.

There were a total of 22 sales and 8 of them sold for $1,988 each. The main reason I believe is that 31% of my portfolio is priced at $1,988.

The number of inquiries for April was slightly above 1,400 which is less than both the previous months of February and March. The total number of domains at the end of April 2024 were 9,390.

6 were partner registrar sales.
11 sales via GoDaddy search path.
5 sales via Afternic lander.

Total acquisition + holding costs was around $5,000 and the total amount of sales was $93,616.

I wanted to thank my Afternic rep Adam Ramsdell and the brokers who were involved in making the deals smoothly and professionally.

Also, I wanted to record a protest for myself and behalf of many fellow domainers who’re facing the same issue at Afternic which is the very late payouts. Sometimes it take several weeks! Kindly sort out this issue which is ongoing and no one bothers to fix it until now.

I wish everyone a great month ahead and have a lot of sales. Feel free to share your sales and give your feedback on mine if you like to. It doesn’t matter how good or good the feedback is :xf.wink:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That’s fantastic, well done Abdul. Thanks again for sharing.

•••
Thanks for sharing Abdul. Always impressive results.

•••
Great sales and thanks for your transparency.

•••
•••
Hello everyone,

Last month was a very special and recording breaking month in terms of number of sales. Although I keep adding new domains every month which should boost the number of sales but that normally doesn’t happen. I think this was a one-off month and I would love to have such sales every month on a regular basis. I’m working hard on making this happen with more consistency and this can be achieved with a slightly larger portfolio size (currently 9,390) and similar quality of domains.

Coming back to the sales, I’m excited to share it with my fellow friends and followers:

HealthIndustries.com – This was the first sale of the month and it sold for $5,888 via BIN. Acquired it via DropCatch in 2019.

PurpleTv.com – Another BIN sale for $3,988. Hold time around 3 years.

Ahorn.net – It’s always a nice feeling to sell .net domains and they do sell but at a slower pace than .com. This was a BIN sale for $1,988 and hold time was 5 years.

SonaHealth.com – “Health” keyword domains are a good investment but one has to make sure to buy with the right combination. This one sold for $4,888 via BIN. Hold time 4 years.

Twinery.com – This was sold for $1,988. I think the buyer got a great deal here. This can be used as a one word brand or t+Winery. Hold time around 3 years.

Symbook.com – Another $1,988 BIN sale and the hold time was 4 years.

Igiro.com – This domain was having a BIN of $4,888 but eventually I accepted $3,000 after going back and forth with the buyer. Salute to the broker who was very patient and cracked the deal smoothly. The deal took more than a month of follow-ups and calls to get this done.

ACR.CO – The highest amount of sales last month at $9,888 and surprisingly that came in via .CO sale. I love to invest in .CO domains. This was acquired in a small bulk deal 4 years back.

RemarkSolutions.com – Another BIN sale for $1,988 with hold time of 1 year only. Such wonderful two word domains are a good investment and “solutions” is a great keyword to look after.

CountLine.com – Around 3 years hold time and this was sold for $2,988.

ECO5.com – This domain was acquired via NameJet in 2019. This was sold for $8,000 after a tricky negotiation happened behind the scenes for which I appreciate the great skills of the broker who made the deal happen smoothly.

AvantiSolutions.com – Another BIN sale for $4,888 with a hold time of 4 years. Didn’t I say just now that the “solutions” keyword is great for investment :xf.wink: But make sure the combination make senses to you as well as for the buyer.

Monte.CO – 6 years hold time which is a long time period considering high renewal fee. But I love .CO domains and they do sell well if you buy the right domains. The initial offer was $1,500 but I remained firm on the BIN of $3,988 and credit to the broker who was able to convince the buyer to hit the BIN.

FromFearToFreedom.com – It’s a four word domain and one should never worry about too many character containing or 3-4 word domains. As long as it’s making sense, you may buy it. Acquired it in $xx and sold it for $1,988 via BIN.

Legarda.com – Another equally highest amount of sale for $9,888 like ACR.CO last month. This was another BIN sale. Hold time 4 years. This is a popular person name and a lot of companies are using this term as their brand name.

NewWineSkin.com – A great sale for a three word domain for $5,888 via BIN. Hold time around 1 year.

RsBrands.com – Another BIN sale for $1,988. You’ll notice that I’ve sold several LL+keyword domains. One should note that LL has to be western premium letters and the word should be a strong keyword.

SurrenderedLife.com – Along with many other BIN sales, this one was sold for $2,988. A GoDaddy closeout purchase a couple of years ago.

Value-Group.com – Finally a hyphenated sale. The initial offer was $1,407 but I remained firm at BIN of $1,988 and eventually it sold without making any compromise on the price. “Group” keyword domains can be a good investment if you choose it wisely.

Cetindag.com – A person’s name sold for $1,988 BIN. Hold time 2 years and this was acquired via GoDaddy closeouts.

ZoomMortgage.com – This domain had a BIN of $9,888 but after the negotiations, the broker was able to convince the buyer to pull the trigger at $7,444 which was their highest offer after the initial offer of $6,000. Hold time 3 years.

Essentico.com – One word brandable domain. They’re always good to invest in but are getting costlier as the time goes by. Hold time around 2 years. This was another BIN sale for $3,988.

There were a total of 22 sales and 8 of them sold for $1,988 each. The main reason I believe is that 31% of my portfolio is priced at $1,988.

The number of inquiries for April was slightly above 1,400 which is less than both the previous months of February and March. The total number of domains at the end of April 2024 were 9,390.

6 were partner registrar sales.
11 sales via GoDaddy search path.
5 sales via Afternic lander.

Total acquisition + holding costs was around $5,000 and the total amount of sales was $93,616.

I wanted to thank my Afternic rep Adam Ramsdell and the brokers who were involved in making the deals smoothly and professionally.

Also, I wanted to record a protest for myself and behalf of many fellow domainers who’re facing the same issue at Afternic which is the very late payouts. Sometimes it take several weeks! Kindly sort out this issue which is ongoing and no one bothers to fix it until now.

I wish everyone a great month ahead and have a lot of sales. Feel free to share your sales and give your feedback on mine if you like to. It doesn’t matter how good or good the feedback is :xf.wink:
Wow! You made a lot of sales in quantity last month. Thanks for sharing.

•••
Amazing work, as always, Abdul. Thank you for sharing.

My results for April 2024: 32 sales, around $84k gross.

•••
Congratulations! Awesome results and big of you to share each and every detail.
Allah huma Barik

•••
Hi! I am happy to read your sales reports! I have a question when you buy a domain in auction, you install its market price yourself or ask your broker do it in some cases?

•••
Hi! I am happy to read your sales reports! I have a question when you buy a domain in auction, you install its market price yourself or ask your broker do it in some cases?
Thanks!
If I've understood your question correctly so the answer is that I price all domains myself and there is no interference of the brokers. But sometimes I do provide them with a new floor for negotiation space.

•••
Congrats for the April sales @AbdulBasit.com ! Great sales as always. And thanks for sharing them in a great thread like always! (y)

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations on another strong month, and thanks so much for sharing the details here. I particularly learn from your notes on each name.

Regarding:
while the winery connection is possible, I wonder if the name might also find use in the emerging digital twins niche, or possibly in a mentorship/apprentice use. It is a nice sounding name, however it gets used.

-Bob

•••
Hi @AbdulBasit.com , congrats!

May I ask how those 1,400 inquiries came in?

I recall you have mostly BIN on domains, has any of that changed / reverted back to make offer. Thanks for any insight.

•••
Hi @AbdulBasit.com , congrats!

May I ask how those 1,400 inquiries came in?

I recall you have mostly BIN on domains, has any of that changed / reverted back to make offer. Thanks for any insight.
Thanks!

Since I use "price request" lander, those inquiries came via that lander by filling the form. BINs are displayed on the partner registrars of Afternic including GoDaddy.

•••
Comments like Abdul’s is why still worth while coming here.
How often do you change your nameservers Abdul?
I heard frequent changes increase sales.

•••
Comments like Abdul’s is why still worth while coming here.
How often do you change your nameservers Abdul?
I heard frequent changes increase sales.
Since Jan 2020, I've maybe changed once may be for a small portion of a portfolio in order to try BIN lander but then moved back to price request lander in 3-4 months time.

•••
congratulations and ty for sharing.

•••
Super Star! what a great month for you, Congrats !

•••
•••
Legend, thank you for sharing. Do you still focus on the number of registered tlds when buying domains? these look very mixed

•••
Legend, thank you for sharing. Do you still focus on the number of registered tlds when buying domains? these look very mixed
Thank you!
Yes, that's one of the factors I do consider.

•••
•••
@AbdulBasit.com Congrat!!!
I've sold nearly the same number of domains, though at a fraction of your revenue :( :tightlyclosedeyes::xf.wink:

•••
•••
Wow Abdul, you are a legend dude!!! I've been watching you grow your portfolio over the years (and thanks for sharing these updates with our community) and your sales are absolutely amazing, what a great month!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back