IT.COM

A 2 Letter .org dropped back in the pool?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What the hell, they can't make up their minds?

6f.org (Previously DROPPED on 02-24-2003)

Was this a renewal or a fresh reg? Look at the perviously dropped date, looks like it went full term.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A partner and I picked up JJ.org just because we figured it was a secure investment, since 2 letter and character .org's couldn't be released back into the pool. Have they made a change, slipped up, or just do it when they feel like it?

•••
Perhaps it's an issue of it being a "two letter" versus a "two character" (whether they're taken out of circulation) ... I don't know the answer, so I guess that's a question?!? :)
Thanks.

•••
Re: a 2 Letter .org dropped back in the pool?

Originally posted by Domainut
What the hell, they can't make up their minds?

6f.org (Previously DROPPED on 02-24-2003)

Was this a renewal or a fresh reg? Look at the perviously dropped date, looks like it went full term.

I just sold 6F.ORG to Name Pros member 'Your Name Here' a couple days ago. It looks like he transferred the domain to Wild West domains today. I'm not sure why it appeared on the drop list.

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Perhaps it's an issue of it being a "two letter" versus a "two character" (whether they're taken out of circulation) ... I don't know the answer, so I guess that's a question?!? :)
Thanks.

All two letter and two character domains are retired upon their expiration. They can still be sold and renewed.

•••
Hmmm, very odd, but thanks for clearing that up.

Sid

•••
It could have appeared in the drop list because it was without nameservers for a day or to. If a domain does not have nameservers registered to it, it will not appear in the zone file. So, when processing the zone files it appears as if this domain is going to drop.

•••
Originally posted by Matt Wade
It could have appeared in the drop list because it was without nameservers for a day or to. If a domain does not have nameservers registered to it, it will not appear in the zone file. So, when processing the zone files it appears as if this domain is going to drop.

Yep, that's exactly it. A domain will be removed from the zone files if there's no nameservers. That explains why the false drop report. Thanks Matt!

•••
Thanks for the helpfull info. Now I understand and feel better about my investment :)

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
All two letter and two character domains are retired upon their expiration. They can still be sold and renewed.

Bingo!
Thanks for hooking me up, RJ! :)
See you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back