IT.COM

Was Paul Nicks fired? I just heard he was.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mbirks99

Impact
If so, Godaddy might be an option for me again.

Can someone here with good connections confirm what I’ve heard?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I feel left out of some drama. Godaddy sucks, is this guy one of the reasons why?

•••
•••
I am glad he is still employed, but reducing the scope and title of a position is not a promotion.
You need to watch the movie Office Space, it can most definitely be a promotion.

•••
The best part is Paul's new role is related to all of us: Domain Investors. Let's hope it's an opportunity to fix what's broken and make it better.
I like your mindset regarding fairness, trust & positivity related to business.
KR
zotix :)

•••
•••
You have literally no idea about M&A Transactions.

Of course I don't, I only do Finance for a living (BComm + post-grad designations in Accounting and Finance) and have worked for some very large companies.

And I really have no idea why you got so riled up - I brought up one scenario that I've seen happen quite a bit as an example and you go off like my post wasn't about GoDaddy. Remember, I was commenting on GoDaddy and not opportunistic corporate vultures.

Thin skin much? LOL

Last edited:
•••
You need to watch the movie Office Space, it can most definitely be a promotion.
"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care, It's a matter of motivation."

•••
Of course I don't, I only do Finance for a living (BComm + post-grad designations in Accounting and Finance) and have worked for some very large companies.

And I really have no idea why you got so riled up - I brought up one scenario that I've seen happen quite a bit as an example and you go off like my post wasn't about GoDaddy. Remember, I was commenting on GoDaddy and not opportunistic corporate vultures.

Thin skin much? LOL
No, not; I have quite a thick skin since my body fat percentage is currently around 18%, which is not good- since summer vacation is close.
You do not have to defend yourself by telling me which skillset you have in Accounting and Finance - I'm just a random guy. So there is no reason to impress each other.
Probably, I wrote it a bit wrong and misleading.

But your interpretation of M&A Transactions, Spin-offs - you name it, was quite drastically written - that's why I wrote that you have (not much idea) about M&A deals.

My humble opinion (don't take it for granted):
GoDaddy is profitable, yes - I read somewhere that the financials for Q1/24 were quite good:

Godaddy's Q1 2024 earnings exceeded expectations, with an EPS of $1.08, beating the Zacks Consensus Estimate by 8%. The revenue of $1.11 billion also surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate by 1.07%. Notably, A&C revenue saw a significant increase of 13.3% year-over-year, comprising 34.6% of total revenue. Core Platform revenue, which includes domains, aftermarket, hosting, and security, also saw growth of 3.9% year-over-year.

The company's management provided guidance for Q2 2024, expecting revenue in the range of $1.1 billion to $1.12 billion. They anticipate low to mid-teens growth in A&C revenue and low single-digit growth in Core Platform revenue. Additionally, management expects an EBITDA margin of 28%. For the full year 2024, Godaddy aims to achieve revenue between $4.5 billion and $4.56 billion, representing a year-over-year growth of 6.5% at the mid-point. They also project an EBITDA margin of 29% and free cash flow of at least $1.4 billion.
Source: https://www.wallstreetzen.com/news/...-drives-surprising-growth-in-q1-2024-earnings

Sounds good, hah? They still believe that Q2 will not achieve the figures they think it will.

Thin skin much? LOL
i was about to type a huge text, i deleted it.
There is no value-added for me, to explain someone how m&a deals spin-offs etc work, when you talk about the worst scenario ever.
By the way. For you: there are positive reasons for a JF or the management hit against the wall with their strategic and operational business, so that the little employer should rather be mad at his employer, then on the investor.
Again, this is extrem simplified.

And that’s how our economy works, either you are the tree 🌳 or the dog 🐕 who is pissing tree

•••
The question should be why wasn't Paul Nicks fired years ago?

•••
Nope, still very much here Mr. account created today. Sorry to burst your bubble
Paul be a man and admit Godaddy only cares about the Stock Price and not about Domain Investors. You guys have gone downill ever since Bob Parsons left.

•••
Paul be a man and admit Godaddy only cares about the Stock Price and not about Domain Investors. You guys have gone downill ever since Bob Parsons left.
I don't want to sound arrogant, but people sometimes don't know what they are writing.
You ask an (obv. Senior Leadership) Member that question in a forum? Not only is it provocative, but it also shows your attitude. Fingerpointing is always a bad characteristic.
Even though I personally don't like GD, why should he answer this question for you? Are you the press release? Or are you just a random user who likes to post unproductive things?
Do you know the (personal) reason why he changed his role? Sometimes, it's not on its behalf.

So show more respect.
In his role, he will not even care about Jim writing on NP that a former leader of the board (or wherever) was better.
You are simply post #36 for him.

z

Last edited:
•••
I don't want to sound arrogant, but people sometimes don't know what they are writing.
You ask an (obv. Senior Leadership) Member that question in a forum? Not only is it provocative, but it also shows your attitude. Fingerpointing is always a bad characteristic.
Even though I personally don't like GD, why should he answer this question for you? Are you the press release? Or are you just a random user who likes to post unproductive things?
Do you know the (personal) reason why he changed his role? Sometimes, it's not on its behalf.

So show more respect.
In his role, he will not even care about Jim writing on NP that a former leader of the board (or wherever) was better.
You are simply post #36 for him.

z
I had names at Godaddy for over 20 years and I praised them when they did well and now I said what most domainer been thinking.

Of course Paul won't respond, and won't care he is a puppet yes man to the higher ups and just to collect a paycheck.

Good luck to you and wish you much success

•••
Wish you the same , but one thing to mention without being rude: 2 years Domainer or 20 years Domainer, does not make a difference if you call someone puppet, without knowing the circumstances buddy.

Have a great day! =)

•••
Wish you the same , but one thing to mention without being rude: 2 years Domainer or 20 years Domainer, does not make a difference if you call someone puppet, without knowing the circumstances buddy.

Have a great day! =)
All good brother you have your opinion and I have my opinion. Nothing but good vibes to you

•••
So, Paul Nicks is focusing on Domain Investors only. Namepros is the largest forum for Domain Investors. So, where is @Paul Nicks? I'm thinking that James Illes might be looking for new work shortly - IF, Aman, holds Paul accountable.

•••
Smother me in butter. What part of your body you using to think?
Its pretty obvious the 3 musketeers got better things to do than frequent da pros for oblivious reasons

•••
Its pretty obvious the 3 musketeers got better things to do than frequent da pros for oblivious reasons
Some people either dont understand or do not want to.

I guess Paul will still be rich without getting blamed or being a Thread on NP. =))

zotix

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back