Dynadot

news NamePros Parking adds Buy Now (and much more)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey, domain sellers! 👋

We have a special surprise for you.

Continuing from last year (and last week), we have some exciting updates to share with you about NamePros Parking!

First, consider this:

You price your domain name at $2,500. For years, hundreds of interested buyers want to buy it, but the price is too high for them. They don't even try to contact you because they don't realize that the price is negotiable or may change. Years later, you decide to lower the price to $995. How many previously-interested buyers would buy it at this lowered price? You’d never know — until now!

With our new Buy Now options, you can finally contact those previous buyers to increase your sales opportunities. 💸

Here’s how:

Our landers require buyers to confirm their email address before they can see the price. Once confirmed, the price is available to them and their email address is available to you. Simple and effective.

1712936633688.png

Now, let’s talk new features!​

• Buy Now: Add a Buy button with a sales price and payment options for buyers to purchase your domains.
    • Escrow.com (Recommended): Starts an Escrow.com transaction for you and allows the buyer to pay immediately.
    • PayPal: Creates a PayPal transaction for the buyer to pay directly to your PayPal account.
    • Email: You and the buyer use email to choose a payment method (e.g., crypto), discuss lease-to-own (LTO) options, etc.
  • Location: Country, region (e.g., state or province), and locality (e.g., city, town, or village) of your inquirers to help you understand where they are located, the best time to contact them, etc.
  • Bulk Management: Set options on multiple domains at the same time: prices, payment methods, appearance, etc.
  • Exports: Download your inquiries, including buyers’ email addresses, offers, etc. (CSV format.)
  • Domain Verification: Verify your domains by using any of these methods: name servers (NS), CNAME, or TXT records.
  • Supersonic Speed Boost: Our landers already loaded blazingly fast, but now they’re even faster — a powerful increase in performance!
    • For techies: Go, Redis, and Elastic (previously only: PHP and MySQL)

Wait, there’s more!

Tell us the features that you want for NamePros Parking because we’re adding new features all month!

Features coming soon:​

• Payment Plans: Payment buttons for lease-to-own (LTO) and renting, e.g., “$995/mo for 8 months”
  • ✅ Minimum Offers: Save time by specifying a minimum offer amount to set buyers’ expectations.
  • Portfolio Website: A sharable storefront of the domains in your account with search and filters.
  • Traffic: The number of visitors to parked domains, optionally displayed on your landing pages.
  • ✅ Remove NamePros Branding: An option to remove unnecessary mentions of NamePros from parked pages.
  • ✅ More Landers: Choose from multiple landing pages for various purposes, such as a new Buy Now Optimized lander.
  • File Imports: Add domains to your account and set their prices by uploading spreadsheet files (e.g., .CSV).

PRO TIP: There is a common misconception about how many domain sales happen because of marketplaces. In reality, many sales would still happen (and do happen) without the help of a marketplace, so NamePros is providing a free solution to sell domains and you keep 100% of your profit.

Our for-sale parking service is 100% free:​

• No upfront fees
  • No monthly fees
  • No commission (0%)
  • No upgraded account necessary
  • 100% of your sales belong to you!

How does all that sound?

Visit namepros.com/parking to get started! 🎉

Tip: Quickly access your parking dashboard using the "Sell" dropdown menu at the top.

Questions? Ask below, or check out our Help Guide for NamePros Parking.

P.S. Our announcement last week was not a prank. Spatial Scrolling™ is real, courtesy of NamePros innovation! 🤯

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
use separate ns1=For all COM domains, ns2=GTLD for all other GTLD domains, ns3=for all CCTLD domains, and ns4= for all NGTLD domains.
was asking about using a second set of nameservers, well in fact ns1, ns2, ns3, ns4 when I thought it might have been possibe to use those to as part of an indication system for my domain grouping by TLD Groups (or something else). But I suspect this idea might be not going very far apart from other stuff that might be on the horizon.
Thanks for explaining your idea.

You're looking to use nameserver filters within your registrar for categorization, right?

Does your registrar have folders or other categorization features for this purpose? For example, Dynadot has folders to categorize your domains, and Dynadot also has search options to filter by specific TLDs, among many other options.

That said, what you want is already possible with NamePros Parking, but it's probably not the best solution for what you're trying to do. However, if you still want to do that, you can, as you described.

Example:
  • For your .com domains:
    1. ns1.namepros-dns.com
    2. random-verification-name-server.namepros-dns.is (replace this example with yours)
  • For your ccTLD domains:
    1. ns2.namepros-dns.com
    2. random-verification-name-server.namepros-dns.is (replace this example with yours)
  • Etc.
Notice that the second name server is always the same. That's the important part for verification.

We hope that helps.

•••
Perhaps in your confirmation email you could remind the prospective buyer to check their spam folder in a day or two for the 'sellers' email.
This may carry some negative connotations/consequences with it. The buyer may wonder, "Why would the seller's email go to spam? Are they spammers? Should I be giving them my email? Should I be replying to them?"

Buyers typically don't understand the technical side of these things.

The following suggestion is probably a better solution to this problem:

That "Unreachable" button should be added soon.

•••
This may carry some negative connotations/consequences with it. The buyer may wonder, "Why would the seller's email go to spam? Are they spammers? Should I be giving them my email? Should I be replying to them?"

Buyers typically don't understand the technical side of these things.

The following suggestion is probably a better solution to this problem:

That should be added soon.
Thanks for the link to prior post...I did not realize/remember they had our (sellers) email.

I will likely need to change the one you send to them as I typically send responses to inquires from everywhere from another email.

Yes, I agree...it would not be ideal to send the 'spam' note if they already have an email in hand.

•••
@Bravo Mod Team, as it has been mentioned in the thread we all appreciate what you are doing...several comments have been made about the viability of the FREE part.

I'm sure traffic has increased quite a bit due to names being pointed here and I'd be curious to know if you feel an increase in 'newbies' has occurred.

We all want to see the FREE continue and a way to do that is start a 'buy me a coffee' account and post your specific link here. Once I make a sale thru the landers, I'll be happy to throw a few dollars your way!

https://buymeacoffee.com/
This is a very kind consideration. Thank you!

The best ways for everyone to support this service are:
  1. More parked domains. Please add as many domains as you can, and encourage others to do the same.
  2. Contribute meaningful and helpful content to the forums.
  3. Upgrade your NamePros account to Blue or Gold, and then you can cancel it immediately if you want it to be just a single payment, similar to buymeacoffee.com (Blue is $5 and Gold is $10).
  4. Let us know how we can improve our service.
  5. Let us know what you like about our service. :)

We appreciate any and all support.

•••

You're looking to use nameserver filters within your registrar for categorization, right?

Does your registrar not have folders or other categorization features for this purpose? For example, Dynadot has folders to categorize your domains, and Dynadot also has search options to filter by specific TLDs, among many other options.

That said, what you want is already possible with NamePros Parking, but it's probably not the best solution for what you're trying to do. However, if you still want to do that, you can, as you described.

Example:
  • For your .com domains:
    1. ns1.namepros-dns.com
    1. ns2.namepros-dns.com
  • Etc.
Notice that the second name server is always the same. That's the important part for verification.

We hope that helps.

I was informed this was not allowed and now you are telling me it IS allowed after I've just written an long apology to dynadot and to my programmer that we couldn't use ns2, ns3, ns4 servers. I think I leave it as only ns1 servers for the moment and move them manually to ns2, ns3, ns4 servers at a later date.

rgds
Name Trader - stu

•••
You then mention that you would rather not use the (2nd) nameserver that is unique to your account, because other domainers can then see which domains you have. I can comment on this, but I'm aware that there are still developments going on. Perhaps @Bravo Mod Team or @Paul can elaborate on this point, including the other verification options that already exist for domains using NamePros Parking.
I guess I assumed once the name was approved, this could be removed eventually.
We plan to have an option for sellers/brokers to generate multiple unique verification nameservers for a single NamePros account.

Another option is to use a different verification method, such as CNAME or TXT records.

You could also create separate NamePros accounts if you want to fully separate certain domains.

We hope that helps.

•••
I was informed this was not allowed and now you are telling me it IS allowed after I've just written an long apology to dynadot and to my programmer that we couldn't use ns2, ns3, ns4 servers. I think I leave it as only ns1 servers for the moment and move them manually to ns2, ns3, ns4 servers at a later date.
It’s undocumented functionality. Typically, it would not work at any other parking service, but given the way that ours is designed, it just so happens that it would work. But, a different solution would be better, so you’re on a better path now anyway. :)

•••

Does your registrar not have folders or other categorization features for this purpose? For example, Dynadot has folders to categorize your domains, and Dynadot also has search options to filter by specific TLDs, among many other options.

Example:
  • For your .com domains:
    1. ns1.namepros-dns.com
    1. ns2.namepros-dns.com
  • Etc.

We hope that helps.

It would have helped if I'd had this information about 1/2 day ago :( But I'll follow up you idea what Dynadot can do for me. Thank you.

Name Trader - Stu

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back