IT.COM

Never ever register or transfer domain to one.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

huzayfa

Established Member
Impact
I registered a domain at one/com. After payment I was told that the domain will be registered within an hour. If not registered, contact us via chat or support.

I waited for one hour, still nothing, domain not registered. I contacted them via live chat and their agent told me to wait for 3 to 24 hours. I contacted again after sometime for update and I was told that some admin department verifies each order manually, they will approve your order within 24 hours.

Later then, after sometime, I checked that the domain was registered by someone else meanwhile I paid for the domain earlier but the MF 1990's system of one/com never allowed me to catch the domain. Moreover they ask the customers to share the order details (domain name) with their chat agents. Now what's the surety that their employees don't register the catchy domains before the customer?

So, don't go for 1-2$ discounts, always register domain names at reputable registrars. I have used Godaddy, Namecheap, Cosmotown & Spaceship and all of them process the domain registration orders within no time.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have never registered a domain name with ONE, thanks for sharing.

•••
I have never registered a domain name with ONE, thanks for sharing.
Thankyou for appreciating, it was indeed a very frustrating experience with any registrar

Last edited:
•••
Moreover, when you transfer the domain they won't update the privacy protected whois details like any other registrar would do and later you would need to email them the evidence of ownership from the previous registrar (invoice screenshot). Then they would tell you it's a paid service, but for "now" they can process it for free. And yeah, there's no contact form on the site and it's really hard to find the support email address. I just dropped dozens of domains because of that. Never ever!

•••
This is BLANKET NEGATIVITY!

I've regg'ed many domains with one.com.
I didn't have any issues while Transfer out as well.

I don't subscribe to the views expressed by the said user, for its an isolated case.

And, here the case is built only based on pure speculation.

•••
One.com has weird business practices.

•••
This is BLANKET NEGATIVITY!

I've regg'ed many domains with one.com.
I didn't have any issues while Transfer out as well.

I don't subscribe to the views expressed by the said user, for its an isolated case.

And, here the case is built only based on pure speculation.
Not a negativity post, I have posted their reply in which they are admitting that they manually check every single order and take time which may last upto 24 hours or more than that. In the meantime you will chat with the support agents, about your still unregistered domain. There are high chances that their chat agents can register the domain at some other registrar if they like it.

Attachments

• 251d92bc-a146-4a00-b674-ebba0c43dd47.png
    251d92bc-a146-4a00-b674-ebba0c43dd47.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 32
•••
Not a negativity post, I have posted their reply in which they are admitting that they manually check every single order and take time which may last upto 24 hours or more than that. In the meantime you will chat with the support agents, about your still unregistered domain. There are high chances that their chat agents can register the domain at some other registrar if they like it.
By your own admittance, its plainly speculations. Registrar can't be accountable.

Last edited:
•••
For domains that are heavily discounted, some companies could perform manual check to prevent fraud. some people will quickly pass the check , because country, payment used and other parameter.. Also you said "never allowed me to catch the domain", are we talking about fresh dropped? If yes, than it's make sense if someone reg the name before you.

btw, looking at their $26.99 for renewal .com - it's instant nope for me..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back