Dynadot

showcase Copilot - Showcase Thread

Spaceship
Watch

Andreas B.

Top Member
Impact
Last week, Microsoft made a big accouncement:

They announced the introduction of the 'Windows Copilot', that will be implemented into Windows 11 in fall of 2023.

I watched the full presentation, and one key mark took me by attention:

The main devhead for Windows Copilot said, that it will be open to 3rd party apps, so that developers can build and deploy their very own apps (as he said, their very "own copilots") on the windows copilot app store.

Copilot is a term, that actually took off behind the curtain since March 2023 (when first rumors began to circulate).

I made a thoroughful domain check-up, and many good ()copilot.com domains seem to have been registered in March 2023, few earlier, some later.

I don't think that the AI thread could really absorb the term copilot all alone.

(a term which will now be transisted into a state-of-the-art expression for "assistance by AI").

There is a big rush coming towards us; Windows is running on +80% of all computers.

You can simply click a button on your desktop and ask it straight.
You can let it do a lot of office stuff for you; grant it access to some of your excel sheets and tell it, what you want to have accomplished.
>> All things, we initially thought ChatGPT would take care of, but now it will be ... Windows Copilot.

There is much what is planned for it, and 3rd party apps & services will extend that whole universe by far.

I registered a few copilot domains, what about you?!

Regards

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I didn't simply say it's "bad". I said it's not going to become a niche in domaining. What the term implies and the demand of the AI industry won't warrant any serious developments in domain sales beyond a rare sale or two. It was already low potential but the final nail in the coffin for this term is fact that MS named their already popular AI search app "Copilot" and the fact that Github (an MS company) was the first to use this term for an entirely different AI app, which is already super confusing. Brands will not want to be confused with services they are not affiliated with and because a few already jumped on the "copilot" naming bandwagon, it's already a failed brand word.

And there are a few other reasons why it doesn't work, which I don't have the patience to write about.

If you get an offer, I say take the money and run.
Thanks for clarifying. I have sold 3 so far with the kw + copilot.com pattern, and at the time I only had less than 10 of these names, all hand regged.

Not sure I agree with the enduser demand part though, lots of companies including startups using this keyword. I still wouldn't go crazy over it and register everything, but i am slowly grabbing strong kw + copilot or copilot + kw patterns.

1715575891612.png

Related trademark count also rising steadily, seems like there's plenty of interest no? Could be wrong still but the numbers seem good to me to at least keep some good ones.

1715576059251.png

•••
You mentioned back in feb that sales had dried up and you didn't expect them to come back.

Anyhoo, the point is just because you say something doesn't make it so :-P

There are TONS of brands using "copilot" in their name because it's such a great match to the current AI use case for so many different applications.

The fact that Microsoft and Github have well known products using the name is not going to stop anyone else using it. In fact it's more likely to make it top of mind for people creating their own AI startup in whatever niche.

(Lier Alert) That was in the Defi thread if I remember correctly *NOT the crypto thread* and I expressed the same caution about Defi again above 😆. Should I hide my honesty?

You keep repeating the same kind of failing logic expressed in all the other doomed niches.

But pay me no mind. Just wanted to share my take, as I've usually done when I see a doomed niche thread.

•••
Thanks for clarifying. I have sold 3 so far with the kw + copilot.com pattern, and at the time I only had less than 10 of these names, all hand regged.

Not sure I agree with the enduser demand part though, lots of companies including startups using this keyword. I still wouldn't go crazy over it and register everything, but i am slowly grabbing strong kw + copilot or copilot + kw patterns.

Show attachment 256641

Related trademark count also rising steadily, seems like there's plenty of interest no? Could be wrong still but the numbers seem good to me to at least keep some good ones.

Show attachment 256642

All of that looks like a trademark disaster and doesn't automatically necessarily translate to "Keyword + Copilot" domain sales ofc. But I get that you are being brave with a risk.

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong and you make back your investment. Again, if you get an offer, take the money and run 😆

Last edited:
•••
All of that looks like a trademark disaster and doesn't automatically necessarily translate to "Keyword + Copilot" domain sales ofc. But I get that you are being brave with a risk.

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong and you make back your investment. Again, if you get an offer, take the money and run 😆
Thanks, my first sale in this keyword ($2488) actually covers all of my purchases (~$400 so far). My recent one is an LTO for $2k so not too bad so far at least in my case

•••

Just as @VivifyDomains , I as well have sold 3 copilot domains,

of which subtotal is $1500.

You may say what you want, but ... I counter-argue: Copilot is one of the most important terms in Ai.

1) The term Ai itself - people are (a bit) fed up with it. Won't you agree?

2) Copilot: Very famously used by Microsoft, for Office / IT-development.

Office people I know, that do excel, word & power-point tasks, are using ms copilot daily.

3) Github copilot: Every developer on earth knows this one.

4) It seems very logical to me, argumentatively, that copilot is deeply rooted in the AI ecosystem already.

When you say (...) Copilot, - everybody knows, that it is about Ai assistance.

In my eyes, superb to other terms.

But ok, lets simply rely on numbers:

There have been 6 copilot domain sales just mentioned on this page;

XRcopilot went for $2488, copilot.me $3488, copilot.xyz $38599.

Copilot seems to be something.

•••
(Lier Alert) That was in the Defi thread if I remember correctly *NOT the crypto thread* and I expressed the same caution about Defi again above 😆. Should I hide my honesty?

You keep repeating the same kind of failing logic expressed in all the other doomed niches.

But pay me no mind. Just wanted to share my take, as I've usually done when I see a doomed niche thread.

You literally said:

"Crypto a d related has been my biggest niche. I've made 5 figures in crypto related sales over the years, but they dried up for me after last year. I don't anticipate things picking up either."

You call it "failing logic", I call it "how I make sales" :ROFL:

Calling an entire niche doomed seems a bit silly to me, especially as we're in the middle of a boom period for this particular one.

•••
You literally said:

"Crypto a d related has been my biggest niche. I've made 5 figures in crypto related sales over the years, but they dried up for me after last year. I don't anticipate things picking up either."

You call it "failing logic", I call it "how I make sales" :ROFL:

Calling an entire niche doomed seems a bit silly to me, especially as we're in the middle of a boom period for this particular one.

You quoted me and you still can't stop lying 😂... Where did I say it's "doomed"?

•••
•••
Just as @VivifyDomains , I as well have sold 3 copilot domains,

of which subtotal is $1500.

You may say what you want, but ... I counter-argue: Copilot is one of the most important terms in Ai.

1) The term Ai itself - people are (a bit) fed up with it. Won't you agree?

2) Copilot: Very famously used by Microsoft, for Office / IT-development.

Office people I know, that do excel, word & power-point tasks, are using ms copilot daily.

3) Github copilot: Every developer on earth knows this one.

4) It seems very logical to me, argumentatively, that copilot is deeply rooted in the AI ecosystem already.

When you say (...) Copilot, - everybody knows, that it is about Ai assistance.

In my eyes, superb to other terms.

But ok, lets simply rely on numbers:

There have been 6 copilot domain sales just mentioned on this page;

XRcopilot went for $2488, copilot.me $3488, copilot.xyz $38599.

Copilot seems to be something.

You're not following. I already mentioned those Ms and github, which is owned by Ms. But I don't think those are positives. Copilot is NOW obviously used as an AI terminology but previous sales were unrelated to AI, so you can't use an EMD sale from before 2023 as an example of where this niche is going 😅. I also never trust xyz sales with the fake landers. Most of those 5 figure xyz sales have them. Fake!

Keyword + copilot sales..... Go for it 😂

You guys are getting defensive and I get it, you've invested in a bunch of keyword+copilot names. I wish you all the best. And like I said, if you get an offer sell!

•••
•••
There is a big company called AutomationAnywhere that named one of their products AutomationCopilot so too early to say is doomed.

•••
Wrong thread. Now you're just trolling 😅

We are taking about this thread. The other one was only brought up to show your pattern of behaviour 😉

•••
You're not following. I already mentioned those Ms and github, which is owned by Ms. But I don't think those are positives. Copilot is NOW obviously used as an AI terminology but previous sales were unrelated to AI, so you can't use an EMD sale from before 2023 as an example of where this niche is going 😅. I also never trust xyz sales with the fake landers. Most of those 5 figure xyz sales have them. Fake!

Keyword + copilot sales..... Go for it 😂

You guys are getting defensive and I get it, you've invested in a bunch of keyword+copilot names. I wish you all the best. And like I said, if you get an offer sell!
Sorry, you are wrong.

None of my mentioned domains is from before the AI hype...
(besides copilot .me)

As for "getting defensive":
You can trash-talk whatever you like, but sales are happening.

Copilot is among the top keywords related to Ai -

why shouldn't one invest in it, why shouldn't it be used / developed by end-users... (?)

Far better question: Any reason NOT to invest in it??

Absolutely not.

(btw: you want to undermine the big sale of copilot .xyz ?
why don't you ask namebio about its legitimacy.

As I see it, it was automatically reported by DAN to namebio.)

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Sorry, you are wrong.

None of my mentioned domains is from before the AI hype...
(besides copilot .me)

As for "getting defensive":
You can trash-talk whatever you like, but sales are happening.

Copilot is among the top keywords related to Ai -

why shouldn't one invest in it, why shouldn't it be used / developed by end-users... (?)

Far better question: Any reason NOT to invest in it??

Absolutely not.

(btw: you want to undermine the big sale of copilot .xyz ?
why don't you ask namebio about its legitimacy.

As I see it, it was automatically reported by DAN to namebio.)

The problem is that too many companies tried to claim the term as an EMD all at the same time, especially after Microsoft basically owns the term now as a brand..

Many of the copilot sales are companies simply named "copilot" and many if not most of those existed before the AI hype so you can't use those companies as examples. That is what I meant to say.

Anyway. As I said. I could be wrong. I wasn't 100% write on Crypto domains drying up but the hype in that field has slowed to a completely stop for me and it was my most lucrative field. I don't expect it to get the level of hype and sales it had 3 years ago that was my point but you guys can be fixated on that all you want 😆

Moving right along.

Last edited:
•••
So the VR domain changed hands between you two? And now it seems to be priced to sell quickly?
Totally.

Bought VRcopilot .com from @VivifyDomains , when she had a sale going on
(lowered prices of all her domains every 24 hours for about $100).

I waited for my chance, and sniped it.

Now, it is priced for $499, as many of my names are.

(if you look closely, my last 3 copilot domain sales all were around this price tag).

The price is totally ok for this kind of keyword/niche;

neither low nore high.

Last edited:
•••
The problem is that too many companies tried to claim the term as an EMD all at the same time, especially after Microsoft basically owns the term now as a brand..

Many of the copilot sales are companies simply named "copilot" and many if not most of those existed before the AI hype so you can't use those companies as examples. That is what I meant to say.

Anyway. As I said. I could be wrong. I wasn't 100% write on Crypto domains drying up but the hype in that field has slowed to a completely stop for me and it was my most lucrative field. I don't expect it to get the level of hype and sales it had 3 years ago that was my point but you guys can be fixated on that all you want 😆

Moving right along.
Look at GPT.

OpenAI doesn't own it, and there are companies out there branding themself () gpt .com, or whatever.

Copilot is a generic, dictionary word, and MS won't be able to own / tm it...

And, I see lots of websites using the term, indepentent from before / after Ai craze;
most (2/3) copilot domain sales happened after 2022 as well.

Whatever the end-user likes.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back