NameSilo

DRT is falling apart, opportunity for good coders?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I don`t understand how this is possible but I am collecting just problems with DRT.

This software seems to work well just with .com and .net , all the rest is falling apart, today not even the ccTld of India (.in) gives whois results :disappointed:

Before Christmas I spent HOURS trying to check all bugs on all extensions...(turns out I totally waste more of my time!)

Well, after a preliminary report this was the awful disappointing result, almost ALL ccTLds are not working:

.org DOES NOT WORK, shows all domains as AVAILABLE
.de DOES NOT WORK, shows all domains as AVAILABLE
.ac NO WHOIS
.ad NO WHOIS
.ae NO WHOIS
.af NO WHOIS
.ai NO WHOIS
.al NO WHOIS
.an NO WHOIS
.ao NO WHOIS
.aq NO WHOIS
.ar DOES NOT WORK: It should be ".com.ar"
.as NO WHOIS
.au NO WHOIS (as everybody knows it`s .com.au but for DRT, it should be .au :rolleyes:)
.aw NO WHOIS
.az NO WHOIS
.ax NO WHOIS
.ba NO WHOIS
.bb NO WHOIS
.bd NO WHOIS
.bg DOES NOT WORK: show all as "AVAILABLE"
.bf NO WHOIS
.bh NO WHOIS
.bi NO WHOIS
.bj NO WHOIS
.bm NO WHOIS
.bn NO WHOIS
.bo NO WHOIS
.bs NO WHOIS
.bt NO WHOIS
.bv NO WHOIS
.bw NO WHOIS
.cc NO RESULTS
.cf NO WHOIS
.cg NO WHOIS
.ci NO WHOIS
.ck NO WHOIS
.cl NO WHOIS
.cm NO WHOIS
.co NO WHOIS
.cr NO WHOIS
.cs NO WHOIS
.cu NO WHOIS
.cv NO WHOIS
.cx NO WHOIS
.cy DOES NOT WORK
.cz DOES NOT WORK
.dj NO WHOIS
.dm NO WHOIS
.do NO WHOIS
.dz NO WHOIS
.ec NO WHOIS
.ee NO WHOIS
.eg NO WHOIS
.eh NO WHOIS
.er NO WHOIS
.es DOES NOT WORK
.et NO WHOIS
.eu NO WHOIS
.fi NO WHOIS
.fj NO WHOIS
.fk NO WHOIS
.fm DOES NOT WORK
.fo NO WHOIS
.ga NO WHOIS
.gb NO WHOIS
.gd NO WHOIS
.ge NO WHOIS
.gf NO WHOIS
.gg NO WHOIS
.gh NO WHOIS
.gi NO WHOIS
.gl NO WHOIS
.gm NO WHOIS
.gn NO WHOIS
.gp NO WHOIS
.gq NO WHOIS
.gs DOES NOT WORK
.gt NO WHOIS
.gu NO WHOIS
.gw NO WHOIS
.gy NO WHOIS
.hm NO WHOIS
.hn NO WHOIS
.hr NO WHOIS
.ht NO WHOIS
.ie DOES NOT WORK
.im NO WHOIS
.io NO WHOIS
.iq NO WHOIS
.ir NO RESULTS
.is NO WHOIS
.je NO WHOIS
.jm NO WHOIS
.jo NO WHOIS
.ke NO WHOIS
.kg NO WHOIS
.kh NO WHOIS
.ki NO WHOIS
.km NO WHOIS
.kn NO WHOIS
.kp NO WHOIS
.kw NO WHOIS
.ky NO WHOIS
.kz NO WHOIS
.la NO WHOIS
.lb NO WHOIS
.lc NO WHOIS
.lk NO WHOIS
.lr NO WHOIS
.ls NO WHOIS
.lt DOES NOT WORK
.lu DOES NOT WORK
.ly NO WHOIS
.ma NO WHOIS
.mc NO WHOIS
.md NO WHOIS
.mg NO WHOIS
.mh NO WHOIS
.mk NO WHOIS
.ml NO WHOIS
.mn NO WHOIS
.mo NO WHOIS
.mp NO WHOIS
.mq NO WHOIS
.mr NO WHOIS
.ms DOES NOT WORK
.mt NO WHOIS
.mu NO WHOIS
.mv NO WHOIS
.mw NO WHOIS
.mx DOES NOT WORK
.mz NO WHOIS
.na NO WHOIS
.nc NO WHOIS
.ne NO WHOIS
.nf NO WHOIS
.ng NO WHOIS
.ni NO WHOIS
.np NO WHOIS
.nr NO WHOIS
.nz DOES NOT WORK : It should be ".co.nz"
.om NO WHOIS
.pa NO WHOIS
.pe NO WHOIS
.pf NO WHOIS
.pg NO WHOIS
.ph NO WHOIS
.pk NO WHOIS
.pl DOES NOT WORK
.pm NO WHOIS
.pn NO WHOIS
.pr NO WHOIS
.ps NO WHOIS
.pw NO WHOIS
.py NO WHOIS
.qa NO WHOIS
.re NO WHOIS
.rw NO WHOIS
.sa NO WHOIS
.sb NO WHOIS
.sc NO WHOIS
.sd NO WHOIS
.se DOES NOT WORK
.sg DOES NOT WORK
.sh NO WHOIS
.sj NO WHOIS
.sl NO WHOIS
.sm NO WHOIS
.sn NO WHOIS
.so NO WHOIS
.sr NO WHOIS
.st NO WHOIS
.sv NO WHOIS
.sy NO WHOIS
.sz NO WHOIS
.tc DOES NO WORK
.td NO WHOIS
.tf NO WHOIS
.tg NO WHOIS
.tj NO WHOIS
.tl NO WHOIS
.tm NO WHOIS
.tn NO WHOIS
.tp NO WHOIS
.tr DOES NOT WORK
.tt NO WHOIS
.tz NO WHOIS
.ug NO WHOIS
.uk DOES NOT EXIST , so it shows fakes availability (the .co.uk is already listed and working well)
.um NO WHOIS
.uy NO WHOIS
.uz NO WHOIS
.va NO WHOIS (vatican city no public regs available)
.vc NO WHOIS
.ve NO WHOIS
.vg NO WHOIS
.vi NO WHOIS
.vn NO WHOIS
.vu NO WHOIS
.wf NO WHOIS
.ye NO WHOIS
.yt NO WHOIS
.yu NO WHOIS
.zm NO WHOIS
.zw NO WHOIS

Since my report to Luc, .de seems to be working a bit better but we lost .in now. for the rest, he told me:

"The new update has been released last week.
It addressed most of the big bugs, and fixed some of the stuff you reported.
Unfortunately, I wont have support for all the extensions you listed. To do that, I would have to sit here 24/7 and adjust for the constant changes every registry makes every day. This would be pointless, as most users only scan com/net and a few big ccTLDs.
However, I did take a look at the com.au, .it and a few other things and fixed them."​

According to the version I can download from the download page, ,com.au does not exist yet. No big deal...Australia? What is that??? :rolleyes:

Why, if he has no support for "all the extensions I have listed" then he added them to "Generate domains" ?
To me, it`s like a cinema telling me there is going to be this movie and this other movie...I go there, take the time off to go, then "no sorry we won`t be showing these movies"......is this right?

I understand he has no time but maybe someone could help this guy to fix DRT or am I asking the Moon? Am I the only one who would appreciate more ccTlds? I don`t know if you noticed but even DNJournal now reports ccTLDS sales BEFORE "global contenders".....sign that they are important....unless for the rest of the world outside the US, we use them ccTLDs :disappointed:

Plus, on top of the whois mess, I`m getting other errors. Here the last selection:

6hl5ah.jpg

while trying to save a list, DRT won`t save it, giving me no other option than close it and lose the scanned data....

The file was originally created and scanned with the previous version, then I still have no idea which version I have now as I wrote in the previous messages to Luc, I uninstalled the last one and did a fresh start, but I still

I uninstalled the previous DRT and downloaded a fresh file from the download page but it still says last updated 2009-08-12

The one I downloaded (again) from the official site is 2.03 Mb.

Here the screenshot:

http://i49.tinypic.com/1z3w276.jpg

and this is another error , from today:

2vdo7xz.jpg

as soon as I tried to scan only 9 domains in 5 popular extensions a pop up showed another error which I assume it related to either .org or .es which are the 2 out of those 5 that still don`t work.

The last feature I found, was the domain sales. I ckicked on them few days ago and out of the list my eye quickly noticed a name a bit too many times within few days:

netbook.co.uk
2010-01-01
$17,916 USD
Sedo

netbook.co.uk
2009-12-31
$1,125 USD
Sedo

netbook.co.uk
2009-12-30
$17,963 USD
Sedo

netbook.co.uk
2009-12-29
$1,119 USD
Sedo

On top of the page, it says:

"Domain sales information is provided by DomainPlex.com and is updated hourly."

so I went on that site and send an email to their email address for support.....guess what?

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table (state 14).​

Furious...I check the whois just to discover that even that name belongs to Lezon.......at that time I felt like a perfect idiot wasting time. :rolleyes:

But, with patience I send another email...I feel someone is hating me now because I find all the bugs, but I need this damn thing to work, otherwise I would not have paid $200 !!!

And just to write this post, it`s another 40 minutes gone. :td:

I have got other Italian domainers who ask for help to me and are quitting using DRT...and I don`t know anymore what to do, this is just a mess.

My personal opinion is that if I was running a business like this, I would be hiring someone, there is so much cheap customer support and very skilled around that I can`t understand this...I really can`t.

Is there a software that works a bit better?

I`m extremely frustrated, disappointed and feel like I am talking to the wind.

:td:

Which software are you using to scan?

I have tried a few but am not so happy.

Most of them don`t scan ccTlds.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back