IT.COM

DAN.COM Domain Marketplace (Official Thread)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DAN.COM

Domain MarketplaceTop Member
Dan.com Staff
Impact
DAN.COM (formerly known as Undeveloped.com) is on a path to be become the biggest domain marketplace in the world. We use state of the art technology to solve everyday problems buyers and sellers in the domain industry face. At DAN.COM we focus on automating most processes required to buy & sell domains to increase a more efficient and active secondary market for domains.

What sets us apart is our strong focus on product development and customer satisfaction. We leave nothing to chance and every single feature and element we introduce is professionally and carefully designed and built.

DAN.COM is ranked in the top 5 best-rated marketplaces in the world (According to the biggest review platform Trustpilot) and in the domain industry, we're the domain marketplace with the highest rating with an average of 9,4 out of 10 points.

At DAN.COM you will get the highest value for the lowest commission around. Due to our domain transfer automation, we can offer significantly faster handling of domain transactions and payouts (usually within 24 hours) at the lowest fee charged by any domain marketplace.

We've been the first on many fronts and proudly will continue to keep innovating. We were the first to offer optimized for sale pages since 2013, the first to provide payment plans in the form of lease to own and rentals and also the first and only domain marketplace offering free SSL on all domains parked with us for over a year now.

Read more about DAN and our future plans here: https://blog.undeveloped.com/a-big-leap-forward-3a3cc59ed418

This thread is created to act as an informal communication board between the DAN team and the domain community. Feel free to post feedback here and to discuss how you use DAN.

What this thread is not meant for is support. Please contact our support team here: [email protected] when you need assistance.

Previous reviews under old brand: https://www.namepros.com/threads/undeveloped-com-experience.893201/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have checked more and most of the time Dan listings still show in Google search. Here is the format (I have masked part of the domain to be consistent with NamePros rules).

Show attachment 256145
That is a url on the pattern dan.com/buy-domain/example.com - thanks for checking.

What about when a domain is not using that pattern, but instead example.com is the lander page?

What's in the robots.txt file for example.com as a Dan lander seems to be this:

user-agent: *
Allow: /$
Disallow: /

Which appears intended to stop crawling/indexing of the domain landing page. Is it doing that?

Last edited:
•••
I have checked more and most of the time Dan listings still show in Google search. Here is the format (I have masked part of the domain to be consistent with NamePros rules).

Show attachment 256145
Bob, I love that you obscured the second part of the name first, then the first part. Thank you! :)

•••

Show attachment 256145

Yes, I see some of my names indexed by Dan now. Thanks for double checking. Will keep them with Dan then as those are my fave landers. Whew

•••

Show attachment 256145
Thanks for confirming that, Bob! Just so you know, domain names that don’t redirect to our internal sale page (but do use our nameservers and landers) will show a similar result to anyone Googling them.

listing example.png

Best regards,
Dan.com

•••
Thanks for confirming that, Bob! Just so you know, domain names that don’t redirect to our internal sale page (but do use our nameservers and landers) will show a similar result to anyone Googling them.

Show attachment 256160
Best regards,
Dan.com
The domain you have cited - gi.com - has this in its robots.txt file at https://gi.com/robots.txt, which gives instructions on indexing and crawling:

user-agent: *
Allow: /$
Disallow: /

Google's own instructions on creating robots.txt files indicate that "Disallow: /" is a command to stop crawling/indexing:
https://developers.google.com/search/docs/crawling-indexing/robots/create-robots-txt

disallow: [At least one or more disallow or allow entries per rule] A directory or page, relative to the root domain, that you don't want the user agent to crawl. If the rule refers to a page, it must be the full page name as shown in the browser. It must start with a / character and if it refers to a directory, it must end with the / mark.

So are you confident that page will stay indexed after the next crawl? Do your records show recent changes to the robots.txt file adding the disallow line?

Last edited:
•••
It would be nice of you @DAN.COM to make a dark mode, it kinda sucks to get blinded everytime I check my portfolio O_o

•••
Are domains parked at Dan.com supposed to be indexed in Google? I thought that was so, and an attractive feature, but now I am not sure they are.

You can check that by googling your domain name in quote marks. If it is not indexed, you might want to check its robots.txt file at example.com/robots.txt to see if indexing is being blocked.

@carob - I can assure you they're still being indexed and I agree it has always been an attractive feature.

Try adding a background image. I think you'll be surprised with the results.

•••
@carob - I can assure you they're still being indexed and I agree it has always been an attractive feature.

Try adding a background image. I think you'll be surprised with the results.

Do you mean a "Header background type"? Have you found higher STRs with these images vs color?

•••
Do you mean a "Header background type"? Have you found higher STRs with these images vs color?

@Sperry8 - Yes, I'm referring to the header background type.

I can only confirm that adding an image gets them indexed faster.

•••
@Sperry8 - Yes, I'm referring to the header background type.

I can only confirm that adding an image gets them indexed faster.

And is there a free service you use to find an appropriate background header?

•••
And is there a free service you use to find an appropriate background header?

I'm not sure what you mean by appropriate.

•••
•••
I'm not sure what you mean by appropriate.

I just meant a background that "fits" with the domain. Do you know of a free service where I can find background headers to use on Dan?

•••
I just meant a background that "fits" with the domain. Do you know of a free service where I can find background headers to use on Dan?

I don't. I create my own.

•••

Note: You don't need a different header for each domain.

Keep is simple.
Keep it clean.
Choose a color/image that fits well with DAN's color scheme.
If you're unsure of which colors to use. I suggest researching color psychology.
If you're using colors and have Photoshop, incorporate a gradient.
Most importantly, make sure whatever color/image you choose doesn't clash with the font.
You want potential buyers to be able to read the domain name.

Additional Note: If you don't have Photoshop or a service and want something quick and just as effective with indexing, you could always create a header by making a box in the Paint app and filling it with color.

•••
I wish Dan.com would just let you send a message, without having to accept, decline, or counter the offer.

There are many times I feel like this gets in the way of closing a deal.

This process happens at every offer stage, be it the first or sixth.

For instance, I am dealing with an offer now.

After many rounds of offers and counters, I have an offer from the buyer on the table now. It's the 4th offer.

I am not able to just send them a message, which is frustrating as I think it would be much easier to close this deal.

@GoDaddy @James Iles

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Hello Dan,

Please I have issues with two failed transactions which is yet to be reversed and resent to my account.

I made a thrend on it in the domain buying and sales discussion category.

Since my bank didn't receive both payment, I've asked the finance department to seek a reversal and pay using my preferred method.

It's been 10 and 5 days respectively and nothing is being done about this.

I hope this message finds you well.

•••
I wish Dan.com would just let you send a message, without having to accept, decline, or counter the offer.

After many rounds of offers and counters, I have an offer from the buyer on the table now. It's the 4th offer.

I am not able to just send them a message, which is frustrating as I think it would be much easier to close this deal.

@GoDaddy @James Iles

Brad
On this point, the buyer just messaged me about this transaction.

However, I am not able to respond to their message. My only option is still accept, decline, or counter.

It is kind of absurd that I can't even respond to their message. @GoDaddy

Brad

Last edited:
•••

@GoDaddy @James Iles

Brad
Good afternoon Brad,
The system requires you to attend to an offer first by accepting, countering, or declining. Once that is done a message can be conveyed as well. The reason for this is that we have found that all too often users continued negotiating written in text. When an agreement was reached one would use the accept button, resulting in the wrong offer getting accepted. This caused a lot of sales to fall through which is why the current process became mandatory.

Best regards,
Dan.com

•••
Hello Dan,

Please I have issues with two failed transactions which is yet to be reversed and resent to my account.

I made a thrend on it in the domain buying and sales discussion category.

Since my bank didn't receive both payment, I've asked the finance department to seek a reversal and pay using my preferred method.

It's been 10 and 5 days respectively and nothing is being done about this.

I hope this message finds you well.
Good afternoon @Josseymoore,
We responded in your thread about this payout. International wire transfers can sometimes take 5-7 business days to settle and, in rare cases, even longer. If the wire transfer fails, it can be reissued once the funds settle in our account again. We appreciate your patience and encourage you to stay in direct contact with our finance team via your transaction window for further updates.

Best regards,
Dan.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back