Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

ENOM new Rule

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
16,707
Enom now has a new rule:

- You can only push one domain in seven days!!!!

I move 10 to maybe 20-30 names a day and I can't live with this new rule.

Just don't understand the reasons behind this unless they want to be out of business because people will transfer the names away.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
John
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Can you post the actual rule verbatim, or maybe a link to the rule as posted?
 
0
•••
I'd like to see a link to this rule also. Thanks, Johnn.
 
0
•••
I can't find any news or rule from the site. I sold several names yesterday and the first "push" was ok.

As soon as I start the second "push", it said that I can only push one name for seven days.

I have to end up to make a sub account so the buyer can access the name from access.enom.com

I have two transactions with NP Members and they had the same problem.

I'll PM you the Member Names.

John
 
0
•••
How do you know this I cannot find this anywhere?

//EDIT: You where a little faster than me, THX!
 
0
•••
Re: = ENOM new Rule =

Originally posted by johnn
I move 10 to maybe 20-30 names a day and I can't live with this new rule.

Is that your morning exercise? :p
 
0
•••
0
•••
Originally posted by johnn
I have two transactions with NP Members and they had the same problem.

You can contact eNom support directly to help you push more than 1 name within a 7 day frame. Personally, this is a good security measure, although it will inconvenience resellers somewhat.
 
0
•••
thats bAd news for domaineers
if the one push per 7 days is the new Norm for EnoM:tri:
 
0
•••
I disagree that the increased security is worth the reseller inconvenience, as enom can easily push back names that were stolen via push.

If enom won't change this rule, then I can see resellers transferring names out of enom instead of pushing to another enom account. With this rule, even godaddy's convoluted transfer process looks attractive. Oh well, its enom's loss.
 
0
•••
??? - I have just succesfully pushed 10 domains from one account to another. The account that I pushed to is not a subreseller of the account that I pushed to.

Anybody got anymore clarification on this as when I saw this i was worried however it does not appear to have affected me at all.
 
0
•••
Are you an ETP, ben?
 
0
•••
Originally posted by bensontwenty
??? - I have just succesfully pushed 10 domains from one account to another. The account that I pushed to is not a subreseller of the account that I pushed to.

Anybody got anymore clarification on this as when I saw this i was worried however it does not appear to have affected me at all.

Did you push from a "regular" account or "reseller" account?

I just sent Enom an email to ask them when this started and what is the reason behind this rule?

I'll post here when I get a reply.

John
 
0
•••
I had this problem the other day
 
0
•••
I discovered this last week!

The rule is: You can only push a particular domain once every 7 days. For example, if you buy the domain and it is pushed into your account, you cannot push it out to someone else for 7 days.

The 7 days is a timeframe from the exact hour and minute that the domain was originally pushed.

There is no limit to the number of domains you can push as long as they meet the 7 day rule.

It was quite embarrasing because I had to ask two buyers if they wanted a refund or were prepared to wait until last Friday.

I had entered a support ticket with enom, which they took their sweet time in answering (2 days for the first response, then 2 for the second). The support person asked for details of the domains to be pushed and said that they may be able to push them for me.

By the time they replied again (3 days later) the 7 day limit had expired anyway! So I pushed the domains myself.

I hope that helps
- Omar
 
0
•••
Omar,

Thank you for clarification. In my case I have the names in the account for a while. I sold several yesterday and the first one went through ok but I got the error message on the second one?

May be there is a glitch in the system. I'll wait for them to reply to my email and will post it here so everyone can understand it.

Thanks again,

John
 
0
•••
Right, there have been threads about this change before here. Enom initially planned to limit the amount of names one could push every 7 days, but compromised to a once per 7 day push limit per name after many people complained.
 
0
•••
0
•••
Originally posted by johnn
Did you push from a "regular" account or "reseller" account?

I just sent Enom an email to ask them when this started and what is the reason behind this rule?

I'll post here when I get a reply.

John

I tried from about three or four types of accounts, reseller, retail and regular accounts. Pushed domains using various criteria eg, already registered, newly registered today, main to a sub, sub to a main, and from one unrelated account to another. All pushes went through succesfully so it looks like this is the same rule referred to in Amrstrong's reply which has been around for a couple of months now. So scare over!!

Anywaya, now I have to wait a week to get all my babies back to their rightful homes :blink:
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back