Dynadot

Info or org?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
info or org? which tld do you think holds more value?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That depends what type of site your talking about, I guess. Generally, .org doesn't work well for commercial sites, whereas .info works a lot better...

•••
i think likewise but ppl seem to value org a bit more

•••
traditionally .org has a higher value- BUT not for commercial traffic. If you are planning on running a commercial site stay away from .org (remember .org was initially intended for non-profit organizations).

If there are no other available extentions go for the .info over the .org

•••
So far as potential 'Contents' of any website are concerned, .info is far better and covers more scope.

•••
its pretty obvious as stated above. The value depends on what kind of site you plan on running. If you are for profit then .org would be out of the question and if you were not for profit either one would work so .info kind of works better. Remember now that alot of non profit organizations are using .info now. If you have cable then you have probably seen these subliminal links posted on these commercials.

•••
i think info's will continue to go higher in vale its one of my favorite extentions

•••
.org definately hols more value if the site fits the extension. Why? Because its advertised in the media more (this is why .net extensions are not too valuable). You rarely see a .net domain in a tv commerical or magazine. .com? always. .org? yes

So basically if the site suits the .org (nonprofit) extension then go with it over .info

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back