Domain Empire

I need your help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
About a year ago I registered a domain name that was also a Honda motor code. ( a honda forum)

With no traffic at all, and with only 85 members posting once every couple months, I kept the site running....

Today I went to google and it looks like I am #3 when entering that engine code....

So now I have an initiative to promote my site
Can google take away that spot in the future? HOw does this work... I mean, I know about the google bot and stuff but how can I amke sure this listing stays at the top?

ALso the webpage used to be on ensim for the last 6 months and now it is on cpanel... DOes that make a difference on how the page will be indexed?

Any advice will be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

I am looking for different opinions on this.

THANK YOU!!!,

Nikos

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No their not going to downgrade your site. However, more people create pages everyday and eventually someone may want your spot.

You get the top spots with proper search engine optimization.
I cant really explain it. But the internet is filled with info on it.
If your keyword is not to competitive, you can probably get a #1 by just creating a <H#>your keywords</H#> on your page. Add the same "your keywords" in your title, description, meta tags.
Then create some link exchanges with "you keyword" as the title.

Thats pretty much it in a nutshell and of course theres other factors.

•••
Search Engine position changes based on several factors (too many to list). One day you could be in the top 10 then the next you won't be able to find it in the first 10 pages. Take Identitys' advice and optimize your tags and submit them to the search engines (make sure you have a robot tag)... One bit of advice that I can give you- that has proven effective for me in search engine placement especially if you want your page indexed and placed high on google would be to submit your site to DMOZ... much google results originate there.

Best of luck to you

•••
If you have a page that rates high, try not to make too many changes that my impact your rating. Changes such as page title, meta tags, link text and content changes can all have a major impact on your rating.

If you do need to make changes, make just a few, keep a back up of your positive ranking page, and see what happens. Worst comes to worst you can always post the old page that you saved.

•••
nikos, let me know what te progress is. PM me if you need help

•••
Originally posted by mtromszc
nikos, let me know what te progress is. PM me if you need help

For the last 2 weeks, the googlebot has been at my site but the cached google image of the sitre is still old.

I realised that my robots.txt file was not in my root directory. Now it is....

I have not lost my #1 spot at google but I really want to see the new cahnges reflected... I hope the googlebot indexes the new tags on the google search engine.

Thank you for your help,

Nikos

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back