Not open for further replies.
Impact
I have these 3

Sade.TK

ToolKit.TK

TurnKey.Tk

opinions welcome

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$0.00 I don't think anybody really considers .tk real domains

•••
Did you actually pay for these domains, dnslife? Note that unpaid .tk domain registrations can be taken from you the moment anyone pays the $9.95 registration fee.

•••
Aren't these free and they have popup ads?? I didn't know you could purchase them.

•••
i always thought that real domains were able to resolve in the ICANN root.

•••
They are indeed free, Cass. So you can develop it and use it as you would a normal domain.

The catch is that if anyone wants to pay for your domain, then they can do so for $9.95. They then take your domain from you and give it to the one who paid. :(

•••
Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by dnslife
Does anyone here own any New.Net domains?

I don't, and wouldn't advise registering them (for Reselling purposes), either at the present time. See latest story in the "DNJournal" for more information regarding this.
Have a great domain day! :)

•••
yes, I own a new .net (Mail.mp3) dont personaly like them, but the name sounds fun :) if you want to buy it pm me

•••
•••
•••
i think i have seen some .tk with offers on sedo...

•••
Originally posted by armstrong
They are indeed free, Cass. So you can develop it and use it as you would a normal domain.

The catch is that if anyone wants to pay for your domain, then they can do so for $9.95. They then take your domain from you and give it to the one who paid. :(

i think to be fair to dot.tk...there is NO catch...their PREFACE explains it very CLEARLY...unless you dont read smallprints!!!

1. if you want it for FREE....they can take it back anytime there is a buyer for that particular name

2. if you want to BUY it...then it is $9.95...a year(almost permanent)

3. this is run by the goverment.......so it is revenue for the people

4. no names are entirely worthless...SEX.tk would be would a few dollars to some...

5. ...so would jeff.tk, Ron.tk, dv.tk, cmos.tk:)

check this thread again:
http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10455

:kickass: citizens of Tokelau

Last edited:
•••
here is the FAQ

http://www.dot.tk/vc00806.html#j

Can I loose my free Dot TK domain name?
Yes, having a free Dot TK domain name does not give you the legal ownership. Dot TK allows you to use your chosen Dot TK domain name as long as you have 25 visitors or more on your domain name once every 90 days. Activity must include website access to your Dot TK website. If you don't have more than 25 visitors to your website in 90 days, your website is either not up or you did not provide any content. That will result in a cancellation of your registration. Your domain name will then be automatically available for other registrants to register either as a free or as a paid registration.

The FAQ states clearly that you have 90 days. Pretty much clean cut.

•••
I grabbed TangoKilo.TK. I also set up mail forwarding if anyone is curious on how reliable it is. The mail forwarding works quite well. If anyone decides to use them you are allowed 5 forwards. Your incoming mailserver must be allowed to accept mail from host that do not have a reverse PTR record. (I asked them if they would create one) That's all for now. Getting sleepy....

Last edited:
•••
Also you have to register for 2 years min!

•••
I know of a guy from DNF making thousands of dollars from his .tk site

•••
Originally posted by icehole
I know of a guy from DNF making thousands of dollars from his .tk site

In that case, he probably paid for registration. :)

•••
Originally posted by armstrong
In that case, he probably paid for registration. :)

Why would that make any difference? It still resolves the same way and points to the site that is making him money? Just curious....

It's not what ya got, it's how you use it!

•••
My point is that only paid .tk domain names can have resale value above reg fee. If what you have are free registrations, then why would anyone pay you more than reg fee, when they can get it from the registrar at that price?

•••
more dot.tk's

KnowToday.TK

KombuchaTea.TK

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back