Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot off the trail of another .ws thread, here are 2 I'd like appraised:

LAMPS.WS
THEPARTY.WS
ie. Let's get iton at ThePartyWebsite !

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
TheParty.ws has some promise. Like other 'promising' .ws domains, this requires a bit of development before it can have substantial value above reg fees.

Lamps.ws doesn't look interesting at this point. reg fee.

•••
Comments:

Not to thrilled with the .ws tld but then again its just at this moment it hasnt developed too well yet.

lamps.ws-Definately something to do with hmmm....maybe lamps? Particularly good to look for an enduser because this isnt worth the hassle for a reseller IMO.

theparty.ws-Definately got some options which is a better thing for a reseller. Looks like development is the best way to go with this one.

Wholesale:

lamps.ws-$5-$15

theparty.ws-$15-$30

End-User:

lamps.ws-$50-$75

theparty.ws-$40-$60

Leads:

lamps.ws:

http://www.lampsplus.com/

http://www.only-lamps.com/

theparty.ws:

http://www.theparty.dk/

http://www.5a.com/thepartyconnection/

•••
•••
About what I figured, although thought lamps might have more potential than theparty because of brevity,and being connected to a large manufacturing/retail biz. On otherhand a party/service site would/could have more of a net draw and be more interesting from an interactive standpoint than a catalog of lamps. TheParty will be more fun to develop. But, alas, they are WS's.:(

•••
Not the most powerful .ws's , reg fees...

Mike

•••
.ws aren't worth much as of yet.

Reg fee+/-, Goodluck! :tu:

•••
hmm. thepartywebsite.com seems to be available.

•••
reg fee only not a big fan of ws

•••
Christian, TX 4 the links, that's a nice thing you do.. Reminds me i've gotta google more.

Originally posted by armstrong
hmm. thepartywebsite.com seems to be available.
Yes, but i thought the shorter name and the word play on .WS (meaning website, but often confused w/ the popular Pacific travel and vacation destination spot, W.Samoa :lol:) was better, although I can see that there could be a conflict (a problem w/ using any ext to complete phrase). Agree w/ other posters in that it's difficult to get overly enthused about this tld at present. IMO, .WS is good for 2 things- a well developed and promoted website (given that the name is worth it 2 begin w/) and longterm speculation (for sales or future development if tld takes hold).
I guess unless the name really shines, most .WS names are going to be appraised at around reg value. WS represents about 3% of my DN list and DN time commitment.:gl:

Last edited:
•••
Reg. fee+/- each/any, IMHO.
Good Luck here.

•••
Originally posted by Tippy
Not the most powerful .ws's , reg fees...

Mike

Agree...

•••
So, correct me if I'm wrong, what I am hearing from appraisers ,Tippy and Dr Who, is that lamps and theparty are weak names. TheParty, I'll give you. Also
agree that .ws "is not the most powerful" of exts, but gotta call you on lamps. What criteria is being used to say that lamps is a weak name for a domain? Google shows 2,500,000 hits for lamps. Following your logic, you wouldn't pick up lamps.com because it wouldn't be the most powerful of .com's. Suppose there is some truth in this, but could also be applied to 99.9% or ____% (fill in blank) of all DN's depending on where one draws the line and how one defines powerful.

If we assign reletive values, say-- .com =10, .ws=1, and lamps=5-- than, .com+lamps=15. Is there a reason why ws+ lamps<=(less than) 6?

If I'm missing something here, let me know. I'll be the first to admit that I'm no expert and that I don't always make the best decisions w/ some of the names that I pick up. I do think, however, that there are instances where a little more thought and care could be exercised in some of the comments that are being made. And this is not about hurt feelings. I've spent over 30 years in the advertising and motion picture industry and have been around some of the best headcutters out there. The skin is thick. Just giving a little constructive criticism based on what I've seen from time to time here at the forum. Overall it's a great place to hang.

Last edited:
•••
The point is, nobody visits .ws :yell:

•••
Overture #'s

Lamps = 80,757

compared to

Bikini = 1,876,210
Stores = 1,926,467

Thus Lamps.ws isnt all that powerful...

Dont get me wrong, I like and own a few .ws Domains.

Mike

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back