Dynadot

Affiliate or PPC? Which provides better revenue?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

I was interested in hearing from the members respecting their opinions on Affiliate Programs and PPC Programs.

I have a portifolio of about 100 or more .coms. I am trying to do some research to find out if revenues are greater with the PPC Programs or the Affiliate Programs.

I look forward to your replys.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Cheers,

Showcase :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if it's opinion you want, then I'd definitely go with ppc because it's less likely that people would sign up for something with you as affiliate unless there's something to gain.

•••
ichibaka said:
if it's opinion you want, then I'd definitely go with ppc because it's less likely that people would sign up for something with you as affiliate unless there's something to gain.

Hi,

I'm not understanding your point................."It's less likely that people would sign up for something with you as affiliate unless there's something to gain". What does that mean?

Showcase

•••
Domain Sponsor I heard, even though I use DomainHop.com (soon to switch!)

Goodluck. :tu:

•••
i think he/she means u would have to offer something else aswell to get people to sign up as an affiliate. i would reccomend ppc myself

•••
dx3k said:
i think he/she means u would have to offer something else aswell to get people to sign up as an affiliate. i would reccomend ppc myself

Thanks DxK3........that is what I was asking.............

Cheers,

Showcase :)

•••
I have tried the affiliate program vs ppc before, using both google, and cj and ppc was always better, domainsponsor has been the best for me

•••
I've often used both on developed domains as a lot of folks here do as well ~
I Place my top affiliate links on the same page as a Feed from a PPC Engine - Gives the visitors a choice of things to check out :)

I'd say my affiliate links have payed off the best ~

•••
If your site has thousands of visitors a day, then affiliate links have greater chances of gaining a lot of revenues. As for PPC, even if you have 10 visitors on a single site you still have an income, but not much though.

•••
Go ahead and experiment with it... but choose an affiliate program that makes you a good amount of money with one fell swoop.
So, you could get 1000 clicks at 3 cents or sell one item that gets you a $30 commission as an affiliate... and break out the same.... I know that sounds dumb, but that's really the sticking point of the whole debate.

•••
PPC can not be compared to a DEVELOPED website. PPC programs pay in the pennies and I don't think people that develope sites have pennies in their eyes when they are working on a project. No developement goes into a parked domain so I would expect to get pennies per click for its traffic, if I develope a site, its going to generate revenue because I have control of it's potential. If I am parking a domain, theres not really much I can do is there? Agree with Johnny 200%

•••
Phantom ~

I understand what you mean in terms of developed sites reaping more value, but do you think some names work better parked, just by design.

When chosing affiliates, what do you use for a guide.
Could you share examples with us concerning the what and why?

Peace, kp

•••
If you have account in fabulous, you can redirect your domain to one affiliates site, or to PPC, or both using pop up. All without web development, just rediret. So what would you choose, redirect to affiliates site of PPC pages?

•••
Why not chose an affiliate program and a PPC program and put 50 of your .com's at each. Then see which works better for you.

•••
doubledee999 said:
I have tried the affiliate program vs ppc before, using both google, and cj and ppc was always better, domainsponsor has been the best for me

for me the best is domainhop and cj

see here why : infoDN.info

•••
I say use both. I have used both by mixing affiliate links with content
as well as using adsense. In come cases it decreases revenue in many
cases it increases revenue, so test it out for yourself.

•••
Both.

Targeting is the best thing you can do.

-Allan

•••
Think about it this way: In order to be paid for affiliate links they have to be clicked anyway. So just use PPC and get paid whether the visitor signs up or not.

•••
vimkar said:
for me the best is domainhop and cj

see here why : infoDN.info

WHAT IS "cj" ?? :gl:

•••
•••
cj = cj.com (commission junction) Well known affiliate site
ppc = Pay Per Click (PPC Search Engines)

•••
Affiliate programmes will generally generate more revenue than PPC. Think of PPC as an annuity system for affiliate programmes with a middleman taking their cut.

Lets say I have a $50 product being sold off a landing page that converts at 1:100. I offer you $10 per conversion you send me. If you send me 10,000 clicks there will be 100 conversions and I will pay you $1,000. My budget for 10,000 clicks is therefore $1,000, or $0.10/click

So I go to a PPC service and ask them to pimp my affiliate programme. I pay them $0.10/click. They put my ad on your site and pay you 50% of revenue. You send me 10,000 click and you make $500.

There are reasons to use PPC though. First and foremost, it's easy. You just stick an iframe into your site, or park your site on their server. In the last case you don't even need a site, a server, anything. The second is probably aggregated billing. You get a single cheque for all your clicks regardless of where they went.

Affiliate programmes on the other hand, require a lot of work. You have to find them, join them. Design a site, host it, put all the links in, etc. Some sites use a payment processor that will aggregate payments from all your affiliate programmes. Some people will pay you with paypal. In the end you will probably end up getting a dozen cheques each month instead of one. If you get charged for depositing a US$ cheque then you have to deal with this added cost. You also have to increase your minimum payout on each affiliate programme to something that allows you to earn a living instead of just working for the bank.

So if your willing to do the extra work you will make more money. I run affiliate ads right along side Adbrite ones on several of my sites. Adbrite is a great service, and only takes a 25% cut. Even so my affiliate revenue still beats my Adbrite revenue by a good margin.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back