Dynadot

Guess there's no point in parking at domainhop anymore

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
"All domains that show a two week daily average less than $2 RPM, will automatically stop receiving our guaranteed RPM payout."

There goes my typo domain income from domainhop (since people who come to typos realize right away their in the wrong place and certainly don't spend time clicking stuff - thus a very low ctr) and thus vanishes any advantage they have over sedo. Silly.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It looks like this new restriction is going to hurt them in the longrun...

•••
Say good bye to domainhop

•••
CommunityZ said:
Say good bye to domainhop

We hardly even knew 'ye ...
B-)

•••
So if you have little daily visits, they will not accumulare gradually? Rather, it's gonna be removed from their payout?

•••
I stopped getting $4cpm on my higher traffic domains that have the pop-ups on that are required and used to get money for impressions... This month is almost $300, but if domainhop keeps this up I dunno if I can even get over the $50 min next month.... :(

•••
The pop-ups are the key according to a few test I've run ... I despise pop-ups , but that is where they are really paying you as far as CPM goes ...

•••
i am still getting about half of what i was getting before..about $30/day ...have been testing some new places..will report when the sun shines brighter!;)

•••
That really sucks for those that use it. I have yet to receive any payment from them.

•••
you know what guys, i think all parking sites suck.... (hope this isnt off topic :red: .). i have 000's of domains which receive 000's of clicks a day (not millions of clicks I hasten to add but nevertheless an adequate amount) so i affiliated myself through cj.com, bfast etc with as many advertisers as i could, created a personal parking site (with some obscure domain i held) and redirected everything there. Income leapt 5 fold in a month.... I became like a mini elequa...

Anyway, that paled (spell) in to insignificance when i changed tacts and redirected them all to a poker site i run which has a little info on how to play the game and shed load of banner ads. The clickthrough was only about 1% but hey each of those lovely one percenters earnt me $150 a go. So, from getting maybe $22 a month i now get $300 - $400 (average)

Again, I hope i havent thread crashed.......

Last edited:
•••
LOL - Yep most of the parking sites are going to pay us very little unless we have 5 or 10 thousand uniques a day - I'm trying to work on a script to combine some of this mess into a viable way to park my own ~ I'll let you guys know if it works alright ....

•••
Domain hop sucks . Its a trick that they use to attract customers by initially providing the income based on impression model and then changing to the pay per click model after we accumulate a small income there.

•••
:( Sad to see this happen. I myself am looking for a place other then SEDO to park at.

•••
Collieri,

Would you mind posting a link to your affiliate parking page you created for us to see? I am really interested in affiliate parking pages because they would prove to be much more stable than relying on PPC income in the long run.

•••
I agree Bill. I've been cosnidering this also, and it would be helpful to see what others are doing or having success with.

•••
As far as clickthrough's are concerned - I'm still Happy with them ... If you don't have the Visitors to sustain a Adsense Account Properly - They seem to pay the highest share of the "Click"

But I am About to switch a Hundred or so over to "Fabulous" to see how much difference there is on this issue ~

•••
Domainsponsor, here I come.
As far as click payouts, they aren't bad, that's true. Possibly better than Sedo. As far as click RATES, however...well my folks always told me if you have nothing nice to say....etc... but since I never listened, the clickthrough rates suck. Absolutely suck.
A good thing i can say about DomainHop is that the support was, for me at least, very friendly and prompt.

•••
billinchina said:
Collieri,

Would you mind posting a link to your affiliate parking page you created for us to see? I am really interested in affiliate parking pages because they would prove to be much more stable than relying on PPC income in the long run.

yep!ditto! collieri....yor site will inspire us to do great things!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back