Domain Empire

Enom gives away free .info automatically?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Does anybody notice that if you have the .com domains with enom and the .info ones were available, then congrats that enom just registered the .info on your behavior but you can not see them in your enom account so far(and no charge for now, maybe they are under the free policy of .info).
Try to check the whois of some of the .info version domains which you own the .com ones.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How many have you seen - or can you give some examples ? Thx ~

•••
:hi:

I tried a half dozen or so (checked 'em all at Whois.sc) ... and I didn't see any corresponding ".INFO's" registered, IMHO. If they were to do this, though ... and subsequently place them all in my Enom Reseller account, I'd be kind of upset to be honest - unless if they were to contact me first and ask if it's Okie.
Not to be ungrateful (assuming they'd be "free"), or anything! :p

Let's see if any others got 'em?!?
Thanks.
-Jeff B-)

•••
all4cost said:
How many have you seen - or can you give some examples ? Thx ~

I think there is still a 25 free .info limitation, so you may check your domains alphabetically. the first 25 available .info domains could be yours now.

•••
Not in my case, not even for A*****.com whose .info counterpart is still available

•••
•••
True. They registered almost all the available .info counterpart of my .coms. Problem is will they really hand the domains to our control. If not, the domains are worthless?

•••
webscorpion or yesonline,

Can you please post a dot com that they registered the dot info of?

Thanks,
Bill

•••
Wow, interesting. Doing a whois on .info counterparts says many of mine are now registered to me!

Not in my enom account yet though, but am very surprised !

Names were created September 28

•••
billinchina said:
webscorpion or yesonline,

Can you please post a dot com that they registered the dot info of?

Thanks,
Bill

Here are some of my .coms wherein eNom registered the corresponding .infos.

BuyTLD.com
TLDTrader.com
ReliableISP.com
ScamGuide.com
MyTLDs.com
GlobeDSL.com
LotBiz.com

Now, if eNom plans to put a string attached to what they did, this is really bad. Because I could have registered them myself for free at another participating registrar.

Hope everything turns out alright.

•••
Keep your eyes peeled to see if they ever start parking them. I'd be interested to know...

•••
Using Whois.sc - it show's it available AND Registered under corresponding .com Registrant ??????????????

•••
Got this from my inquiry today. Looks like they are regged BUT we will have to pay if we want them.

Not sure what would happen as they regged one of my REGISTERED TRADEMARKS as a .info as we own the .com version

hmmmmm........... lets see what the outcome of this is.

"Hello ,

Yes, eNom has worked with the .info Registry to register the names. The names should be available in your account within a week or so. We should have more information on what the pricing will be but your account will not be charged unless you approve the transaction.

I'm sorry to be vague but we don't have the full details on the "promo"

Thanks,

Technical Support & Services
www.enom.com/help
ICANN Accredited Registrar"

•••
Too weird .... Glad the .com's I regged this month were elsewhere (one or two weren't but I grabbed the .info first :) )

•••
billinchina said:
Keep your eyes peeled to see if they ever start parking them. I'd be interested to know...

Will keep watch over those domains.

Thanks.

•••
Okay, anyone else find this a little creepy?
Enom is doing this without prior warning?
Kinda forces you to renew them in a year, sneaky.

Yet another non-communication policy change from enom, sigh.

And its devaluating .info radically too!

•••
I just checked on one of my domains with Enom and they registered the .info extension on my .com domain as well. HoopsCenter.info shows was registered yesterday. A sly way of earning renewals in a year when all the domains expire and the owners want to renew them. Kind of shitty how they register them but don't push them to their rightful owners of the .com extensions.

•••
Whoa slow down.... We HAVE TO PAY to get the .info of our name? So enom esstensially went out and regg'd the 25 limit on our name via their registrar and is now holding them to our head?

Seems a bit wrong to me for a registrar to do this without even asking or hinting.

•••
Definitely not as good an idea as they think it was .... What if there are Trademark issues as stated above ???? They didn't think this out very well IMO ~

Luckily I had the state of mind to reg the .Info's ahead of time at other reg's Before getting my .com(s) there ..... I've had names grabbed up that I just checked at certain Reg's before (Not common terms so I'd think it wasn't a coincidence) This is why I grabbed my .Info's Elsewhere (Guess this could have gone either way)

Really seems messed up to me ~

•••
This is really unethical. They should have asked permission from us before registering it "under our names". I think they will be flooded with complaints, if not legal actions.

•••
I agree with webscorpion. I never gave them permission to register any domain using my personal info. Unethical and just plain wrong in my opinion. If they want to get paid for doing it they must be insane.

•••
I think that this move is questionable. Even though at present the .info whois says this name is registered in our name, we did not register it.

Is eNom using their client/domain name base to PROFIT from the "free" .info? If we do not pay, does the ownership go to eNom?

Too many questions and not enough clarification from eNom!

You can bet that the registration of a .info that infringes our our Registered Trademark will be dealt with directly with eNom or in a more legal method

•••
•••
I'd love to hear some legal point of views on this myself ~

CoolJeff - Have you checked your dom's again ?

Also - has anyone noticed this through any of their resellers accounts or is it the Domains reg'd directly at their site ?

Last edited:
•••
All4cost, for what its worth all enom, and resellers like NC did same thing just not in accounts yet, but the first available 25 .com regs in your account now have .info to match and if one was not available it went to the net available one in your account.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back