Dynadot

domain OOP.COM value?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not in the "domain name" marketing business, so I'm getting all the information I can about how to "do it right." After some hunting, I've found this to be the most helpful place by far.

I recently came to acquire "OOP.COM" (along with 3 other guys), and we're looking to sell it. I'll be spending a GOOD deal of time on this site (very informative), but was just wondering if anyone had ballpark thoughts on how much it might sell for....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice a 3 letter .com domain. I don't really know what they are worth but I am thinking med XX.

•••
those are O's right? (as in look)

if so, then its a pretty good and brandable name. that and being 3 letters and a .com make it pretty pricey im willing to bet. What, if i may ask.. did you pay for it?

I'd say low$XXX to begin with.

•••
I'm not great at appraisals, I think everything is worth a fortune so i'll leave that to the others.

What I will say is that I think it's worth some decent $, especially if what you're developing has something to do with 'out of print' books, records, etc... Or do you have other plans for it?

•••
Yup -- those are O's.

I was one of the founding employees of an internet startup that did "Object Oriented Programming" (hence the domain name). A few years ago, we were bought out by a British company, and they let the domain name lie dormant. When it was coming up for renewal, a few of us who were from "the old days" asked if we could just have the name, and they gave it to us. Nice.

So we have thousands of worthless stock options, but a domain name that may be worth a few thousand dollars. We'll see.

Again, I appreciate the expertise I'm finding here.

LeeRyder said:
those are O's right? (as in look)

if so, then its a pretty good and brandable name. that and being 3 letters and a .com make it pretty pricey im willing to bet. What, if i may ask.. did you pay for it?

I'd say low$XXX to begin with.

•••
Great domain! "Object Oriented Programming", fantastic. :tu:

High $xxx at least IMHO.

•••
Out Of Print Books -- that's very cool! I was planning to put up a splash page on oop.com suggesting what it could be used for, and you've made a great suggestion.

As a newby who hasn't "given back" anything to NamePros.com, I'm again grateful for the discussion and will be happy to share some of the profits to support the maintenance of this website.

forona said:
I'm not great at appraisals, I think everything is worth a fortune so i'll leave that to the others.

What I will say is that I think it's worth some decent $, especially if what you're developing has something to do with 'out of print' books, records, etc... Or do you have other plans for it?

•••
I apologize for showing my ignorance, but $xxx means "hundreds" (and $XX means under $100), right? Is there a difference between $XXX and $xxx?

qxh said:
Great domain! "Object Oriented Programming", fantastic. :tu:

High $xxx at least IMHO.

•••
VUI said:
I apologize for showing my ignorance, but $xxx means "hundreds" (and $XX means under $100), right? Is there a difference between $XXX and $xxx?
$xxx $XXX $### = 3 figures $100-$999
$xx $XX $## = 2 figures $10-$99
etc.

•••
VUI said:
Out Of Print Books -- that's very cool! I was planning to put up a splash page on oop.com suggesting what it could be used for, and you've made a great suggestion.

As a newby who hasn't "given back" anything to NamePros.com, I'm again grateful for the discussion and will be happy to share some of the profits to support the maintenance of this website.

object oriented programming is cool too! don't know how profitable out of print stuff is, but there are some overture searches.

Searches done in July 2004
Count Search Term
19459 out of print book
806 out of print
769 book out of print
496 out of print music
145 rare and out of print book
137 out print book

•••
Without doubt, in my own opinion, mid $xxxx+

Acronyms :
OOP Object Oriented Principles
OOP Object Oriented Programming
OOP Order of the Phoenix
OOP Order Origination Point
OOP Out of Picture (Greyhound Racing, 30+ Lengths Behind the Winning Greyhound)
OOP Out of Plant
OOP Out of Plaster (cast)
OOP Out Of Play
OOP Out Of Pocket (expense)
OOP Out of Print
OOP Out of Production
OOP Out of Program
OOP Out of Protection (gaming)
OOP Out of Protection (Utopia game)
OOP Out-Of-Process

OVT = Overture
1962 oop
0 = oop.com

Google Searches in ""
Results 1 - 10 of about 1,800,000

I would expect a potential 5 digit sale, to the "right" end user without any trouble atall.

If you find it hard to move, I'll give u all of mydomains for it :) (About $1200 worth at regfee )

Rgds
Matt

•••
A great three letter domain names, very rare in the market today. I would say at least $1,000 undeveloped. Good luck!

•••
man, you guys are insane. these appraisals are ridiculous... xx or xxx? What's the point in posting if you have no idea? Not a chance in hell. This is a mid $xxxx, EASILY WHOLESALE. I would say enduser $12,000-$15,000. Develop it, sky's the limit.

•••
johnny6 said:
man, you guys are insane. these appraisals are ridiculous... xx or xxx? What's the point in posting if you have no idea? Not a chance in hell. This is a mid $xxxx, EASILY WHOLESALE. I would say enduser $12,000-$15,000. Develop it, sky's the limit.

agreed. this domain is very high $ as-is.. go develop it and you'll make a fortune.

•••
ordinary overated placebo

:blink:

•••
I'd have to say $1000 to $4000, undeveloped. for comparable ref's see domainfood.com

newbe

•••
Hello
This is a great 3 letter domain.
$5k to $15K if lucky you can bring more!

•••
Low search results, and few typins but still a SOLID three letter .com. Development possibilities for "out of print" books or Object-oriented programming are obvious.

If you were to sell now its likely you could get $4k to 6k for it from a domain investor or collecter of three letter .com's.

•••
I appreciate the information. It does strike me as a domain name with great potential, and I'm just getting my feet wet (as it were) with this domain name thing.... :)

forona said:
agreed. this domain is very high $ as-is.. go develop it and you'll make a fortune.

•••
The least any 3 Letters have sold for lately is 800-1,000 $ and most of those were not Good letter Combos -

At least Mid x,xxx $ for this one .... IMO ~

Nice name ~ Good Luck

•••
As you may be aware there is a great of deal new (and rather unjustifiable) interest in anything 3 letters on the speculator side. I mean unjustifiable because the sale prices of lowly (q,x,y, & j) three letter .nets have jumped 10x in value over the last year -- with no new interest from prenium buyers. I don't know what is causing the run but it does indicate a very good time to sell it to another speculator.

High-XXXX and beyond is a fair price for another reseller to pay given the conditions now.

End-user price should be determined on a case by case basis (willingness to sell at the time, estimation of deepness of inquirer's pockets, etc.)

•••
HI

Yes at current prices from what I have seen any three letter .com domain wholesale is going to get around $1500-$2000+ and for an end user price I would think you can ask $5000-$7500 and maybe more as the domain has a double oo in it :)

Good luck,

Thanks
Tom Dahne

Expired Domain Software
http://www.expireddomainsoftware.com

•••
Hi There,

OOP.com.............Nice domain address...................................

Keep in mind that most of the appraisals you are getting on this forum are from resellers. Considering that, I think the majority are very low.

KRS.com was just acquired from the Pool.com drop auction for $7,100 by BuyDomains.com another reseller.

The three letter .com ending in S in my opinion will probably go for less. BuyDomains now has KRS listed for sale for $17,000. Will they get it? Who knows. That being said, I believe your domain OOP.com is worth at least mid X,XXX undeveloped. If the right customer comes along needing those particular letters it should bring more.

Good luck...........Make Money............................... :$:

Cheers,

Showcase :D

•••
oop.com (OOP.com)

Value of your Domain ( "a heuristic approach" ):
ƒ(I, ... ,V)= 66%
US$17,543 End-User

Maestrus

•••
I would try to put it up for sale on greatdomains. They are picky about what they accept, but a 3 letter .com will probably make the cut. Their fee is 10% of the price, but they handle the escrow. They recently accepted one of my names for listing (at $10,000) after people here said it was probably worth XX.

As for the appraisals, always take what some of the namepros.com folks say with a grain of salt. There seems to be quite a few people with just days or a couple of weeks experience that are dishing out appraisal advice.... which is why you get people saying that its worth anywhere between 2 and 5 figures.

Since you've already invested money in the domain, I'd say its not a bad idea to spend the money on a proper appraisal by a trusted company. Sedo.com does appraisals, though I can't personally vouch for their accuracy as I havent used them. Just remember, something is only worth as much as people are willing to pay.

You have a great domain name. Good luck!

-- edited to fix typos.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back