Domain Empire

.NAME gTLD planning Internationalized Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dear subscriber,

Global Name Registry has just received ICANN approval to launch Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) in several languages and scripts, according to the ICANN guidelines.

The IDNs will enable people in many countries to enjoy their names in their own script, whether Chinese, Japanese, Korean, German, French, Spanish, Scandinavian languages or other.

The process for launch of IDNs will, as before, consist of two phases:

Phase 1: Intellectual Property Owners will have a chance to get their most valuable trademarks and brand names protected with International Defensive Registrations ("IDR")

Phase 2: Opening for general registrations.

We will get back to you with more information on dates and languages supported as we proceed towards launch and finalize launch dates for this new and exciting .NAME product.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
jeez, i dunno. this sounds kind of like a bad idea.... a lot of expense too....

-jsh

want to make $1000+ monthly as an affiliate? PM me.

•••
I don't think its going to help them very much. The extension is just plain horrible.

•••
.edu said:
I don't think its going to help them very much. The extension is just plain horrible.

:bingo:

•••
.name is the most stupid and worthless domain ever approved by icann. Come on why would some one what a email that ended with .name instead of their company name or something simular. To register a domain for the signle use of email address.

Icann please approve .address and .phonenumber

•••
Do any of you know of any serious sites that uses .name ??

•••
•••
...after wiping the crap off of his .names:

:blink: I have at least 3 that I think are worthy of development:
Safeguard.name
NewBaby.name
Autograph.name

Analyze.name
Acronyms.name
IDS.name
ZipCode.name

also have potential, IMO.

How people can be so vehemently opposed to a tld is beyond me. It's just a little inanimate object, w/o a long history to base much of an opinion on, that follows a keyword term.:-/

I suppose that if I had made a decision early on that I was not going to go w/ any .name domains and later realized that all of the domains w/ A+++ terms were gone, I wouldn't support the tld either, but to be so vehement about it? I do thank all of the detractors for one thing, however. You have helped strengthen my resolve to finish up NewBaby.name and to kick some butt w/ it.

Last edited:
•••
I have shannara.name only because that is my family's last name :) But Im using it for pure emails for all of my family members.

•••
A Gift!

Just whipped up a little present for all of my .Name hating friends:

A Gift 4 U

Enjoy!

•••
.name beats .biz any day! There are several developed .name domains. Do a search on Google and you'll find them. I'm sure they'll be many more to come.

•••
Blog.name just sold $500, how you guys think about it?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back