IT.COM

Servage

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,
Does anyone host his website with Servage? Do you know if it's a good service?

Prices look absolutely good and I've heard lots of good feedbacks about it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I do not host my site at Servage, but did do some research on your behalf.

I found something interesting that you might want to consider:

Advantages to using Servage:
  • Prices are better than most other hosting services
  • Servage allows unlimited add-on domains so you can host multiple sites on one account
Disadvantages to using Servage:
  • Servage web hosting does not provide adequate statistics (no search engine information, etc)
  • Servage has NO guarantee. If you have any problems, even within the first 30 days you cannot get any money back.
  • Servage does not have any live support (phone or live chat), they do not even provide a physical address.
The above information was found on http://www.wideopendoors.net/design/servage.html

Hope that helps and good luck on your search for Hosting with the right company :)

-Steve

•••
Very useful, added Rep :)

Thanks Steve :)

•••
At 330 GB bandwith allocation, I think we can safely assume they're praticing overselling policies

•••
Servage is great! I love it!

•••
Thanx ...i was luking for the review on that site...

•••
My site is hosted with servage they're very good, there stats are poor but everything else like speed, reliabilty etc are excellent, use this cupon code [ Removed - nice try to get around the no referral link rule :| ] to get another 500mb space when signing up, BTW there support although not live seems pretty good

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
they tend to oversell regarding the bandwidth that's my bad experience with them. i also have a post about them elsewhere in the warnings and alerts area with proofs

•••
I think this host is fake and there servers are very slow..

•••
stscac said:
I do not host my site at Servage, but did do some research on your behalf.

I found something interesting that you might want to consider:

Advantages to using Servage:
  • Prices are better than most other hosting services
  • Servage allows unlimited add-on domains so you can host multiple sites on one account
Disadvantages to using Servage:
  • Servage web hosting does not provide adequate statistics (no search engine information, etc)
  • Servage has NO guarantee. If you have any problems, even within the first 30 days you cannot get any money back.
  • Servage does not have any live support (phone or live chat), they do not even provide a physical address.
The above information was found on http://www.wideopendoors.net/design/servage.html

Hope that helps and good luck on your search for Hosting with the right company :)

-Steve

This information is not accurate at all.

I'm hosted there since several months ago and startin with just 7,000MB of webspace that they have upgraded twice, first 15GB and then 25GB, to give all their customers new and old the same benefits.

They have a physical address in Denmark and Germany

They offer guarantees and excellente service, as they said, the average setup time is 30 minutes or less including your free domain name with privacy if you want.

They don't have phone or live support but help desk tickets they always reply within reasonable time.

This is true: "Servage web hosting does not provide adequate statistics"
their statistics are very basic in comparison to Cpanel tools but you can always install your own stats software.

This is half-true: "server is slow" for the past month it was and for few periods still... the reason? they moved the servers to another European datacenter to make possible the current offer of webspace and bandwith and some fine tuning is still performing.

Another not mentioned advantages:

- Easy and intuitivee control panel but don't expect nothing similar to Cpanel, Plesk or Ensim.

- Effective spam control not with "assasins" killing your not spam messages but a kind multilingual filter inviting people to authenticate.

- Clustered wildcarded servers and information about this technology; after 4 years going from one server to another including resellers this is the first hosting I found offering wildcard ability required for some scripts.

Finally, using this code when signup you get 2,500MB of additional space: [Removed - Nice try to get around the no affiliate/ref link rule ;)]

:hearts:

•••
Chronos said:
Finally, using this code when signup you get 2,500MB of additional space: [Removed]

:hearts:

That is a referal code, if you sign up with that code, seller will get 2 free months of hosting.

•••
Not a try, honestly!

I thought referral links only applied to post websites in the format
xxxx.com/?whatever_my referral
not to coupon codes.

My fault for not double check the rules, I'm afraid

Sorry :red:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back