IT.COM

PayPal class action lawsuit settlement

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aww

Established Member
Impact
Paypal is offering a class action lawsuit settlement. Users who opened an account between October 1999 and January 2004 might qualify.

Website is extremely overloaded right now:
https://www.paypal.com/settlement/
http://www.settlement4onlinepayments.com/
You have reached the website of the claims administrator for the class action settlement in In re PayPal Litigation, Case No. 02 1227 JF PVT, pending in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California in San Jose. On July 12, 2004 the Court preliminarily approved the proposed settlement and directed that class members be given notice of the settlement.
Claims for settlement payments must be submitted through this website
Please note that online claim forms must be completed by October 23, 2004 in order to qualify for payment.

FAQ

settlement agreement PDF

summary PDF

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I mailed mine in yesterday :)

•••
Don't people realize that PayPal will get their money back...through us by raising fees or something.

•••
Obviously but once money is going to given to people they go blind of everything else.

•••
Where does one stand if, in response to a Buyer Complaint, Paypal replies that the item purchased is not "tangible" and closed the case, hence causing a monetary loss? What changes if a credit card chargeback was ultimately made and the financial loss reversed through the bank?

•••
I filed my claim awhile ago should be getting monies soon.

•••
I understand fees will probably be raised, but they will be raised regardless if I get a payment for claim, why not receive the claim money to compensate for the raised fees.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by acts837
Don't people realize that PayPal will get their money back...through us by raising fees or something.

Or by stealing from some other poor guys... ;)

•••
Well I got one, but I'm not filing it. :)

•••
how much money would get anyway?

•••
What is this shit about ?

•••
Wow, this should be some pretty interesting news. :laugh:

•••
Will the money be paid to youre paupal account ? ;D

Haha, people dont bite the hand that feeds you.

•••
Yeah thats what Im wondering, but they will most likely recieve a cheque if they win the case.

•••
it says on the site that the money will be deposited into your paypal account unless you specified for a check in which they will take a $1 deduction.

Anyone know how much we'd get?
Also, what's benefit of filing long sheet vs short sheet?

•••
Long sheet is if you have had problems with them I believe, otherwise its just around $ 50 for the short form.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back