Domain Empire

PayPal Loses Class Action Suit

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jeanco

RyanPrice.ca - DeveloperEstablished Member
Impact
IF YOU OPENED A PAYPAL ACCOUNT BETWEEN OCTOBER 1999 AND JANUARY 2004, YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO A PAYMENT FROM A CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT.

PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY.

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
NORTHERN DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA
SAN JOSE DIVISION

In re PayPal litigation
Case No. CV-02-01227-JF (PVT)

NOTICE OF PENDENCY OF CLASS ACTION AND PROPOSED SETTLEMENT

1. WHY DID I GET THIS NOTICE?
You have been sent this Notice because the records of PayPal, Inc. indicate you are a current or former PayPal account holder. This means you may be eligible to receive a payment from the proposed class action settlement in the lawsuit In re PayPal Litigation, Case No. 02 1227 JF PVT, pending in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California in San Jose. This Notice provides a summary of the terms of the proposed settlement. It also explains the lawsuit, your legal rights under the settlement, what benefits are available to you under the settlement, and how to get them.

Full Details: http://www.settlement4onlinepayments.com/index.php3

My question: I'm getting an error when I enter my Canadian address trying to fill out the forms, but the lawsuit does not seem to disqualify me. Anyone see what I'm missing?

4. HOW DO I KNOW IF I AM PART OF THE SETTLEMENT?
On July 12, 2004, Judge Fogel entered an order granting preliminary approval of the settlement and certifying the following class for purposes of the settlement: All Persons who opened a PayPal account during the period from October 1, 1999 through January 31, 2004. Excluded from the class are any judicial officer to whom the lawsuit is assigned; PayPal and any of its affiliates; any current or former employee, officer, or director of PayPal; anyone who resides in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, The Netherlands, or United Kingdom; and all persons who timely and validly request exclusion from the class pursuant to this notice.

Thus, if you opened a PayPal account between October 1, 1999 and January 31, 2004, and are not one of the excluded persons listed above, you are a member of the class.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's $50 if PayPal has ever locked your account unfairly.

•••
Yes that is the amount listed on the short claim form. The other forms could be different, as it seems there are different funds allocated for each claim form.

•••
It's legit...

https://www.paypal.com/settlement/

(Sorry with all the phishing I was overly cautious..)

And I registered in 2000 and had my account locked unfairly (as have most people I know) at one time or another...

•••
I signed up about the same time I did with eBay in 1999 and I have never had my account locked.

•••
yea lucky I have never had my account locked either.

•••
Once again Paypal shows his true face
:bingo:

Last edited:
•••
So if ive started an account between those dates, i can apply, what amount do you think we will get?

QBert

•••
I believe the short form shows that you will receive $50 or less (depending how many people file suit)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back