Create a New Staff Position!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
The Namepros Appraiser

Give the guy a couple of $NP a week for:

Responding to every single appraisal request with a thoughtful and helpful post.

No more unanswered appraisals + continues tradition of NP being helpful and open to newbies.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I do like your thinking, 'Lots ... though we are somewhat back to "normal" over there now after having to basically stop NP$'s for posts due to a few (very few) Appraisal spammers. We always knew that that would be only a temporary measure.
So, you're saying NP$'s on top of what are already awarded there per post, for replying to EVERY thread honestly and professionally? Perhaps including potential, relevant End user "leads", as well? :talk:

Do you have anyone in mind for the official role of Namepros Appraiser™ ... and what would you consider to be fair NP$ consideration (either weekly, or based on posts).
Thanks much, let's all discuss it ... there is no one on the site who dislikes unanswered (0 replies) appraisal requests more than me, truly.
-Jeff :wave:

•••
Considering it's a staff position, the Namepros Appraiser should get a weekly paycheck of 200 NP$ (or almost as much).
:D

•••
you'd probably have to hire more than 1, lots of different timezones in NP, it'll b ee hard to keep up if your the only one doing it

•••
Id do it?

Id do it?

I can handle it alone, over the summer most likely

•••
ill do it, doesnt matter how much you pay me

•••
jstep, I doubt a staff position is going to be temporary.

•••
I'd be able to do it all year

•••
I think 200 $NP a week would be fine, but every appraisal should need to be well-written and end-leads would be a plus.

•••
me too, pay doesn't really matter. :D

•••
i said i wold do it

by myself for the summer

because he said you might need more than one

maybe after summer more than one person would be nice? as most people wont have as much time?

•••
WH,

I was suggesting myself. :)

•••
Great idea, lots. Along the lines of what Darkfire was suggesting, there should at least be an expectation of quality. It may be beneficial having more than one person fill the role from varying backgrounds or experience.

•••
Agree with RJ.

A very tough position for only one person to do. Appraisals carry more weight when appraised by several people IMO. The appraisor needs to be "experienced" in many areas, not just a tech person or a sports person or a typo person, etc, etc.

This idea has come up before and at one time I thought we were heading in the direction of a group of NP Appraisors.

Those are just a few of my thoughts on the subject. Have at them.

ST

•••
yeah, maybe make up a form that every np staff appraiser should go by, like, how many letters, how many words, marketablity, demand, etc.

•••
Two new staff positions!

The Cynical Name Pros Appraiser

The Optimisitic Name Pros Appraiser

or

The Reseller Name Pros Appraiser

The End-User Name Pros Appraiser (lets face it, this would be redundant because a lot of domains could not conceivably carry such value!)

•••
Another method of determining the number of appraisors might be to take 1 or 2 from different parts of the world (maybe hemispheres).

I know that when I come across a name that is specific to the UK or Asia I'm hesitant to appraise it just because I may be not as familar with the term and/or the extension.

Might work.
ST

•••
Well, I didn't see too many domains up for appraisal that had a different extension than .com, .net, .org, .info, .us -> and the other usual ones.

But yea, ppl from different places on the globe would indeed be a good idea.

:lol: can I be the one from central/eastern Europe?

•••
Great idea!!!

I do like this suggestion! However, I think that the NamePros Member Representatives should take on this function as a whole. This way there random online times should /could work out any timezone issues.

:p

•••
•••
I'm in favour of this, as far as I am aware the only Mods/Admin on the site are in the US?

So that means until you guys wake up, the morning here (GMT) is completely unmoderated, until later.

Would be good to have somebody from different timezone to cover all times, so it is never left open to spamming from advertisers, and reduces the load on the current NP staff to have to tidy the place up when they wake up...

•••
Well, I wake up at 5 GMT (I'm on GMT+2) or at 6 GMT (if I've been out the night before). Hmm, that's 12 PM - 01 AM Eastern Time.

•••
i really think alot of the issues from appraisals might stem from people's concentrations...

for example, i'm in politics and online marketing/branding...

this might be different than someone into traffic building and typos...

otherwise, following the automated appraisal script's formula style, i guess perhaps allowing the standard appraisal calculations apply for non-intuitive parts of the appraisals (length, extension, etc) and have market-specialized appraisers plug in the calculations for market relevance, misspelling, etc..

just a thought/option...

•••
^ true. Different people have different views, that's why more than one person doing appraisals is needed

•••
Originally posted by matrics
Well, I didn't see too many domains up for appraisal that had a different extension than .com, .net, .org, .info, .us -> and the other usual ones.

Other extensions include .co.uk for instance that would be difficult for me to give an accurate appraisal as I live in Canada.

That is just one example.

ST

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back