Dynadot

Co.uk transfer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Could someone please explain me what's the process of transferring out a co.uk domain from one registrar to another?

Is it the same procedure as is for a .com domain?...

(Moreover, I've heard that a .uk domain holder has to sign a form-or something and send it to Nominet.org.uk, but they haven't sent me anything like that yet-do they still send these application forms even if you don't live in U.K.?)

Any help, especiallly from experienced .uk domainers would be greatly appreciated :tu: Thanks :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
NEVER DONE A .CO.UK TRANSFER, BUT YOU'RE LOOKING AT A PEN AND PAPER TRANSFER PAPERWORK SCHEME.

Best of luck with that

-Steve

•••
the form you sign is downloaded from the nominet sign after you fill out the form on their site.

once you have signed it you can fax it to them. Make sure the whois information is 100% upto date otherwise you may come across problems.

•••
I have my co.uk domain at Network Solutions-a reliable registar :imho: OR NOT?

I found a buyer for my domain and NetSol says I CANNOT TRANSFER IT WITHIN NETSOL (e.g. to another NetSol account) AND I CANNOT TRANSFER IT OUT (to another registar)!!! :o

Is this possible? I thought they were the cream of the cream. Any ideas??? :yell:

•••
Yeah, Nominet charges £30 for a proper transfer. And yes it is a paperwork system.

you can push within registrars and i have done so myself. However, when i check on domains i have sold more than 2/3 years ago, i still show as owner on a whois seach.

Heres one i sold at christmas

http://www.lcn.biz/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?phase=owner&query=dn1.co.uk

Still, not my problem........

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back