NameSilo

.mobi Enough already

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Enough fighting in here already

This post is a response to this thread which is now at 3 pages and will probably be locked like so many others: http://www.namepros.com/dot-mobi/463050-is-mobi-a-thing-of-past.html

binaryman said:
Happy now? I knew it was going to come to this again and everyone as usual jumped in boots and all into the same old trap. Since the inception of .mobi this forum has continiously had threads like this. Everyone has complained about it and some have left the forum and threads have been locked and some have been banned yet you managed to start off another flame war. I would have thought that most here would have been wise enough by now to just ignore threads as these and not participate yet it seems the weakness of human nature again prevails. Oh well..ho-hum..yawn.

Not singling anyone out here, just pulled your quote because it perfectly captures the mood here. Most of you know I am one of the most pro-mobi people out there. That said, every thread like this does NOT have to erupt into an argument or name calling. Really. It doesn't.

I know Mike from chat and I know when he started investing in .mobi so that gave me the edge in understanding his intent when asking the question. But what is really happening is that a lot of namepros members are starting to hear more about .mobi and have actual, legitimate questions, and most of them are NOT looking for a fight. Namepros has an active, useable .mobi in http://namepros.mobi, which shows that RJ understands the value of the tld as well as his comments indicate. Previous mod behavior and a certain emeritus who loves to hate .mobi notwithstanding, these people are exceptions and not the rule. Focus on the people who aren't the exceptions imho.

In my humble opinion, it is time for my compadres to stop jumping down the throat of anyone who wants to know if .mobi is valuable or not. Even the guy who made mobisucks.com (now parked) is developing rickrolled.mobi ;) and it is not as cut and dried as that lego star wars graphic that I am enjoying so much.

Enough already. Lay down your weapons, people, give new people a chance and see how many people will wander in here and look at your names, help you with development ideas, and not be afraid of this .mobi forum.

As for people who start flame wars on purpose, don't you have something better to do? BTW this is not an opportunity to dump on pro-mobi people either. It's a chance to work it out and fix the fighting so let's see if most people are up for that.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
well said.

now stop screwing around go make some money!

•••
sf2010 said:
well said.

now stop screwing around go make some money!

Yup okay. :bingo:

•••
Thanks coast. To be honest I stopped reading replies from that other thread because there were so many in a short ammount of time and mostly it was just arguments and fighting. So after about page 2 and a half I havnt read many... I will read it one day I just got tired of the bickering.

Thanks for your support and your honest opinion and help. Like I said in the post, I am going to develop a couple mobi's and see how they go :)
Thankfully there are people out there like you who truely care.

•••
•••
Each to his own extension.
Arguments over extensions are useless, unless backed up with fact, unless the poster admits it's based entirely on opinion.

I really dislike .info's and i will say so, but i don't agree it's a bad extension.

People need to understand their opinion isn't fact!

•••
Well Said Coast !!! :bingo:
Thanks for some wise & level headed intervention

•••
Another quality post Coaster :tu:

Lets end the beef until further developments
take place one way or another!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back