IT.COM

.info What is the value of .biz as compared to .info or .org?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.BIZ is the sharper e-b2b equivalent of .COM, .INFO and .ORG doesn't compare

•••
.biz is for company who cann't get the .com name,it's for business,so I think the value of .biz should be higher than .info and .org,but in fact,.biz's price is lower than .info and .org at here.

•••
the extension value/popularity its in how famous and usable a extension among common public is
common public knows .org exist
but common public generally is not familar with .info or .biz extension
i go to various IT seminar etc and most of them are not familiar any other extension outside .net .org .com

•••
generally biz extension is the last to be taken from

.com
.net
.org
.info
.us
.co.uk

Unless the name is a business name, then generally taken after .com , .net and usually after .org!

Its not the best extension because its too late. Most businesses use .com and by the time it was introduced there was no point for most businesses to change as they were already establishes.

.biz value is not very high, even for the 3 letter .biz !

The only way to get a good sell / or just a sell for a .biz is usually by having a good keyword, dictionary / business related name.

If you have the choice between .biz / .info I personally would go for the .info unless the extension wouldn't fit the name!

Maybe .biz needs to give free .biz domains to become abit more popular like the .info!

•••
domain4u said:

Agreed that .BIZ does not generally command a high resale value as we know it. But I am convinced it is a good domain for development on, particularly by B2B professional services, where the vernacular 'biz' is a lot more accepted.

And because .BIZ names are relatively cheaper to acquire, at this moment, its good for SMEs venturing onto the Internet. A comparable .COM in the same keyword might cost them $XXX,XXX.

I keep on banging into small businesses using .BIZ as I search out names, so its not that this namespace is lying around collecting dust. You don't see major public tsunamis happening with .BIZ, it just creeps forward on the sidelines.

New buzzwords have a way of slintering up on you then spreading like wildfire for specific communities.

Happened to .COM which at the time back in 1995-97 I thought was totally stupid and gimmicky (preferred .NET actually), won't let this ever happen again to me in my lifetime.

•••
Well I really like the .biz extension over .info and .org. I really don't like .info and .org.

•••
It is amazing how much activists, lobbyists and individuals with a cause support the .ORG namespace.

The Internet can be seen as "communities", each wanting their own "badge". The Germans, for example, see .DE very seriously as what they stand for.

I've been a B2B professional all my life, and I like that .BIZ badge for some strange reason. Granted, .COM is traditionally prized and all the so-called big sales happen in that old namespace, but .BIZ does have a differentiating factor about it, and I think that the brain industry professionals will grow into awareness and acceptance of this namespace steadily. These people are more receptive to change than the average joe blow.

The mantra for survival today is - Differentiate or die. It follows that change will happen, and people always forget that mass .COM awareness and hysteria came about starting only around 1997. That's very recent if you think about it. .COM is definitely not MacDonalds.

When you cut the Internet with only one knife (extension awareness) and only one dimension (type-in traffic), you get to see a very linear piece of plain cake. Don't forget the raisins that add spice to the mix.

History teaches us one thing - the only constant, is stubbornness and tunnel-vision.

Last edited:
•••
I tend to put the .biz extension below .info and .net on a personal level, however as mole has stated, it likely has the largest potential out of any of the extensions forementioned.

•••
Why do you think .info is higher than .us and .co.uk???????

domain4u said:
generally biz extension is the last to be taken from

.com
.net
.org
.info
.us
.co.uk

Unless the name is a business name, then generally taken after .com , .net and usually after .org!

Its not the best extension because its too late. Most businesses use .com and by the time it was introduced there was no point for most businesses to change as they were already establishes.

The only way to get a good sell / or just a sell for a .biz is usually by having a good keyword, dictionary / business related name.

If you have the choice between .biz / .info I personally would go for the .info unless the extension wouldn't fit the name!

Maybe .biz needs to give free .biz domains to become abit more popular like the .info!

So, if .com got 10 marks.
what do you give to
.net
.org
.info
.biz

mole said:
It is amazing how much activists, lobbyists and individuals with a cause support the .ORG namespace.

The Internet can be seen as "communities", each wanting their own "badge". The Germans, for example, see .DE very seriously as what they stand for.

I've been a B2B professional all my life, and I like that .BIZ badge for some strange reason. Granted, .COM is traditionally prized and all the so-called big sales happen in that old namespace, but .BIZ does have a differentiating factor about it, and I think that the brain industry professionals will grow into awareness and acceptance of this namespace steadily. These people are more receptive to change than the average joe blow.

The mantra for survival today is - Differentiate or die. It follows that change will happen, and people always forget that mass .COM awareness and hysteria came about starting only around 1997. That's very recent if you think about it. .COM is definitely not MacDonalds.

When you cut the Internet with only one knife (extension awareness) and only one dimension (type-in traffic), you get to see a very linear piece of plain cake. Don't forget the raisins that add spice to the mix.

History teaches us one thing - the only constant, is stubbornness and tunnel-vision.

•••
if i had 10 marks i would mark as follows
for website dev:

.com - 5.98
.de - 2
.net - 1
.org -0.5
.info - 0.5
.co.uk - 0.5
.us - 0.5
.biz 0.1

For Domain trading

.com - 3.5
.net - 3
.org - 2
.info - 1
.biz - 0.5

•••
Depends on what the 10 marks are for:

1. Intended use?
2. Target audience?
3. Keyword quality/Acquisition cost?

•••
•••
•••
When searching ".biz", and perusing through the 33 million+ links, it is interesting to note the large number of [example]biz.com names. At first glance, one might arrive at a conclusion that this is another example of the supremacy of .com. While there is no arguing that point, the 33 millon "biz" links and the widespread use of "biz" in the base name speaks to the strength of "biz" as a monicker for "business" which in turn is an indicator of recognizability, awareness and acceptance of "biz" and the potential of .biz as a viable namespace.

Last edited:
•••
That is a great post Michael, and IMO debunks the whole biz sounds cheesy, unprofessional whatever. MOJOWEAR.biz saw her on TV

•••
MOJOWEAR.biz saw her on TV
Top row- right. Reflections of days gone by.
2nd row center. Sock it to me baby!! :laugh:

•••
The only difference between .COM and .BIZ is of perception. If .BIZ had come earlier then we would be used to that and it would be a norm - just like .COM. There is no difference in the meaning. Biz=business. Com=commerce. In Fact, I would say .Biz should have been the common one as many institutions (Sole,partnership,companies) can use it. Now, .COM is what we got used to and no matter how many .blabla come(like .WS, .Name), .COM's value would not fall!

•••
.biz value = .org value/8 = .info value/2

•••
snoop said:
You should work for the Federal Reserve.

•••
snoop said:

Did you have a bad bizness day, snoops? :o:

•••
mole said:
Did you have a bad bizness day, snoops? :o:

how would you compare the three in terms of actual sale prices?

I'd say those ratios are quite accurate with only two exceptions where the ratios are generally less, acroymns (3 letter) and geographic names (this really only effects .info prices).

•••
snoop said:
how would you compare the three in terms of actual sale prices?

You can't make a straight relation. It depends on the term, and its intended usage by the buyer. It would be silly to buy a .org for a B2B company, or .info if your site is not intended to provide information but to transact.

.BIZ value = fit to intended B2B industry description + B2B intended usage

•••
mole said:
You can't make a straight relation. It depends on the term, and its intended usage by the buyer. It would be silly to buy a .org for a B2B company, or .info if your site is not intended to provide information but to transact.

When it comes down to selling prices, everything can be compared, even apples and oranges.

•••
snoop said:
When it comes down to selling prices, everything can be compared, even apples and oranges.

Agreed, but to what degree of conclusiveness? 1/8, 1/2? A selling price is only as good as what a buyer is willing to pay, and that depends largely on perceived need and what the seller is willing to sell at, not some straight equation.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back