NameSilo

Enom reseller subaccounts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Wilfredo

Internet EntrepreneurEstablished Member
Impact
Can the guy that create the subaccounts, just autologin and push domains ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
But if its a reseller this doesnt applay ?

•••
Apollo's workaround from that thread is this:

For my own paranoid protection, then, I created a new sub-reseller, and pushed my most valuable domains (as well as the adult ones) into that. My parent reseller can't auto-login to this new account at all.

•••
If its a reseller, then you can still auto-login into his account, but you can't do any damage. In other words, you can look, but can't touch.

As pointed out in above post, its the sub-sub-reseller that you can't auto-login into at all.

•••
I can login to my members account but i dont think they let u change anything.

•••
Originally posted by g0ldy
I can login to my members account but i dont think they let u change anything.

Check out the original thread. NPers experimented to see what you can and can't do...

•••
As any reseller, such as NameCheap or Registerfly, they can go into your account and do whatever they want. When you sign up at NC or Regfly, what you are doing is signing up for a retail account which means your privacy/security is always open. With a reseller account, the sub can enter your account and see how many domains you have regged and your account balance but that is as far as they can go.

•••
I have created an account directly with enom (no ETP or reseller above me). Then whenever I reg a name with my reseller account, I push it into the direct account - that way the domains are completely with enom so I only have one point of contact if anything happens - a variation on Apollo's solution and one which I find works for my paranoid instincts :lol:

•••
Originally posted by bensontwenty
I have created an account directly with enom (no ETP or reseller above me). Then whenever I reg a name with my reseller account, I push it into the direct account - that way the domains are completely with enom so I only have one point of contact if anything happens - a variation on Apollo's solution and one which I find works for my paranoid instincts :lol:

Hey thats a good idea if your paranoid. I never thought about that one.

•••
Originally posted by bensontwenty

That good idea is so good, it might even smart. Maybe that's the way to go... :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back