Dynadot

Name and Shame

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
ive started this thread so people can name and shame domain scammers/ ie the people who tryed the scam. ive just got an email from a possiable buyer but hes using rock.com as an email address im guessing that this will turn out to be a scam like the last buyer who used a rock.com email address by the name of mr a griffin im sure most of you know who he is. so lets list all the scammers here...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Originally posted by THESTOKIE
ive started this thread so people can name and shame domain scammers/ ie the people who tryed the scam. ive just got an email from a possiable buyer but hes using rock.com as an email address im guessing that this will turn out to be a scam like the last buyer who used a rock.com email address by the name of mr a griffin im sure most of you know who he is. so lets list all the scammers here...

Above is a definite "Scam alert", IMHO.
B-)

•••
Hi there,

After doing a keyword search on Google.com I have found your domain for sale. I prefer to make all deals direct without domain brokers so I've decided to contact you via email. (I've found your email address via WHO IS). {thought there was laws about this}

Is this domain still available for sale? I'm interested in purchasing. If it's still available for sale please email me your asking price.

If you have other good domains for sale feel free to email me the full list with asking prices.

If I can afford your domain I'll contact you. Please don't send me multiple emails if you don't receive a reply from me and keep my email address confidential.

Just email me your asking price. If I decide to buy I'll contact you as soon as possible.

I can send you money via PayPal. If you don't have a PayPal account I can send you the funds by a certified check.

Best Regards,

Email address

name and email is blanked just in case it is not a scam. i will list the name and email after if it is a scam. imo i think it will be

•••
I believe the next step, prior to (theoretical) "purchase" ... would be to get an "appraisal" (you would pay, naturally) at one of their affilated sites. E-mail back your Asking price, and please keep us posted Stokie.
Appreciates.

•••
I hope it isnt but youre probably right. Keep us updated.

•••
We've all seen this very same letter before, and already know that it is indeed a scam; the guy doesn't even bother to change his MO. I think it's a reflection of our desperation for a sale that we even bother to reply in the hope that it isn't a scam.

Just delete the email, STOKIE. You're just wasting your time.

•••
>I don't want to over offer. Do you have an appraisal certificate for
>your name? I need an independent and professional valuation so I know a
>fair price to pay for your domain. Please note that I don't trust free
>or unprofessional appraisals. I don't want to overpay. It can be an
>appraisal certificate from www.greatdomains.com or www.domainsultan.com
>or hollywooddomains.com. It does not matter because I trust all these
>companies.
>
>After I receive your appraisal I can send you money via PayPal. If you
>don't have a PayPal account I can send you the funds by a certified
>check.
>
>If you wish we can use escrow.com to secure the transaction.
>
>Looking forward to your reply.

here is my reply to it lol i love scammers

im sorry i do not have an appraisal certifcate for any of my names. If you are worryed about over paying for the name feel free to pay for an apprasial certifcate yourself and i can take the price you pay for a certifcate off the final price we agree to.

•••
Here's my first and only reply:

You are a domain crook, is what you are.

--- A Griffin <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> I'm a domain reseller. After doing a keyword search
> on Google.com I have found your domain for sale.
> I prefer to make all deals direct without domain
> brokers so I've decided to contact you via email.
> (I've found your email address via WHO IS)
>
> Is this domain still available for sale ?
>
> If it's still available for sale please email me
> your asking price.
>
> If you have other good domains for sale feel free to
> email me the full list with asking prices.
>
> If I can afford your domain I'll contact you. Please
> don't send me multiple emails if you don't receive a
> reply from me and keep my email address
> confidential.
> Just email me your asking price. If I decide to buy
> I'll contact you as soon as possible.
>
> Do you have a PayPal account ?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Anthony Griffin
>
> http://www.Rock.com

Took 5 seconds, and felt good.

•••
im sorry i do not have an appraisal certifcate for any of my names. If you are worryed about over paying for the name feel free to pay for an apprasial certifcate yourself and i can take the price you pay for a certifcate off the final price we agree to.

:lol:

Good one, Stokie. :)

•••
You are a domain crook, is what you are.
:laugh:

I have encountered these scammers over and over again. Recently, this guy feigned interest in one my domains (which I had actually already sold some time back). It was a mediocre name to say the least. :D

I played along and told him he can have it for $50. I got an email back from him:

"$50K sounds steep. I don't want to overpay. Do you have an appraisal certificate ...blah...blah...."

$50K D-: I didn't say $50K you crook. It's 50 bucks. If you still need an appraisal cert for that, get it from your pals at allfordomains.com

•••
:bah:

<<< Edwin cracks me up! :laugh:

•••
<<< Edwin cracks me up!

Gee! That's the 2nd nicest thing someone has said to me today!:blink:

•••
Originally posted by EdwinJ
:laugh:

I have encountered these scammers over and over again. Recently, this guy feigned interest in one my domains (which I had actually already sold some time back). It was a mediocre name to say the least. :D

I played along and told him he can have it for $50. I got an email back from him:

"$50K sounds steep. I don't want to overpay. Do you have an appraisal certificate ...blah...blah...."

$50K D-: I didn't say $50K you crook. It's 50 bucks. If you still need an appraisal cert for that, get it from your pals at allfordomains.com

Same here.
That guy purposely typo.
I write to him, he can have it for $150, he replied $150k is too steep, need to justify by an appraisal. I specifically spell out the whole thing in dollars. And he never replid.

Anyway, he is too stupid to realise he keep on sending scam to the same people even he knew those people knew he is a scammer.

•••
Hi

I would need a verifiable certificate link before I could commit any funds for this domain. If you can provide me with this (preferably from one of the trusted companies I mentioned) we can begin working out the transfer details based on this price.

We do not purchase valuations for domains we do not own as there is no guarantee the seller will sell to us. You can however, add the valuation fee onto the final appraised price.

I will await your response.

my response

"We do not purchase valuations for domains we do not own as there is no guarantee the seller will sell to us."

That is the same reason i do not get apprasials for my domains as there is no guarantee a buyer will buy the name. However as you contacted me and have shown intrest in the name if you would like to make an offer please do so.But if you are still worried about paying to much i can only suggest that you pay for an apprasial.As you may have seen on my website i deal alot with people buying domains and you are the only person who as asked for an apprasial. As contact has been good with you i can tell you that you are not the only person intrested in this domain so i cant guarantee you the domain with out a firm offer.

opps im bad trying some quick sell tatics

Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by THESTOKIE
Hi there,

After doing a keyword search on Google.com I have found your domain for sale. I prefer to make all deals direct without domain brokers so I've decided to contact you via email. (I've found your email address via WHO IS). {thought there was laws about this}

Is this domain still available for sale? I'm interested in purchasing. If it's still available for sale please email me your asking price.

If you have other good domains for sale feel free to email me the full list with asking prices.

If I can afford your domain I'll contact you. Please don't send me multiple emails if you don't receive a reply from me and keep my email address confidential.

Just email me your asking price. If I decide to buy I'll contact you as soon as possible.

I can send you money via PayPal. If you don't have a PayPal account I can send you the funds by a certified check.

Best Regards,

Email address

name and email is blanked just in case it is not a scam. i will list the name and email after if it is a scam. imo i think it will be

I received this e-mail too about a couple of weeks ago for "uniquehits.net". I sent him a reply with the price..... i'm waiting for the answer now :P

Thanx for telling me about this scam :)

•••
Replying to this comedian will:
- tell him that you could be interested
- tell him that your email is working so he can use these for other spamming activities

•••
dam this fool he hasnt replyed to my quick sell tatics

•••
•••
This needs to be reported.

These cheesydirtball scummy !@$35's tried to recharge my card.

I've reported them to the ftc and all that as well as the state of VA.

The impunity.

They (fastdomainsales) recently tried to look legitimate after I sent them an angry email.

They sent out some newsletter?

what a load of horseshit.

I think there is ample evidence here that they should be raided.

I recommend reporting them to as many places as you can.

P.S. don't listen to there legalistic talk. They need to go down.

With identity theft as high as it is these days, they could be getting a hold of people's credit cards.

•••
@rock.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, had an email exactly the same a while back. It IS a scam - dont bother replying anymore. I renewed a domain for this 'guy' - its just a waste of time!

•••
Nice Topic, will help several domain sellers.

•••
yep indeed...

maybe make a sticky scam list or something too...
easier to read without all the discussion post between all:)

•••
Had a slightly different one that wanted me to register at a domain trading site ( well known, but I forget it's name now ) to contact them.

Basically :

If a buyer asks you to pay for ANYTHING it will probably be a con.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back