NameSilo

Opinions of 1and1.com please

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Does anyone have an opinion of 1and1.com?
They sure are agressive in their magazine adverts these days!

Thanks, and best regards.

Andrew

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
they are great for hosting but for reselling terrible
Paul

•••
Thanks, Paul-

Your input is helpful! I am considering using them for hosting...anyone else have any insight?
Andrew

•••
i use them, and am not too happy. first, they dont support php, which is like standard. also, there support treats you like a 1st grader. other than that they are good

•••
jeter4982 said:
i use them, and am not too happy. first, they dont support php, which is like standard. also, there support treats you like a 1st grader. other than that they are good
with no php and support? :(
I wonder what is left

•••
the support is ok, just not great. also, they do support php, but only if you get the top package

•••
andriegel said:
They sure are agressive in their magazine adverts these days!

I know, they had like a 10 page ad in a magizene I was reading.

•••
I'd suggest you go to webhostingtalk and search 1and1.. you can find some pretty interesting stuff about them! :|

•••
ya, but dont believe everything you here, because their supprt isnt as bad as some people will say

•••
I have had no problems with them regarding purchasing domain names.. however, the domain management interface s*cks and there is no easy way to do a push to a new buyer. The domains are cheap, but I plan to transfer away from them eventually.

Passed Post 300! Yea, me!

Last edited:
•••
Good host, decent support, good uptime

•••
i like them sort of, good blade server dont you think? i think so. gimme your comments.

•••
what do you mean no support they have a #1800 alwats are there for you!!!
does enom have that godaddyy no ways man 1and 1 is the best

•••
One and One well,

Basically to big for there own good. I am not just saying that just becasue i own a hosting company. Their support is great in timing department, But most of their staff need to be trained more. Some of the suppport replies are shocking. Plus if you do a search on the internet for Hosting companies you will find a hell of a lot cheaper hosts with more features.

Ok, 1and1 offers 100% where most hosting compaines offer 99.5% which is more or less as good as 100%.

Personally i would advise to look else where than 1 and 1.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back