IT.COM

.info .net or .info?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'm planning to register a domain to be used for an auto information site. Available extensions for a name are .net and .info. I'm leaning towards the .info :)

What do you guys think? Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They're about equal. .NET is more well known, but .INFO has better long term potential. I'm in a similar situation with an industry news site and I've decided to go with the .INFO and redirect the .NET

•••
But I don't have the luxury of registering both :) Must choose only one. This is one name where I'm confident that the .info extension fits. But for now, I think .net has more recall than .info. I must agree though, that the .info has a long-term potential. Thanks.

•••
.info rules! :hehe: Seriously, I think the .info would be better, if not now then perhaps one or two years down the road.

•••
.net

it's just cooler and always will be.

•••
I'm really beginning to like .info :tu:

•••
.info rules! Good luck with your site. :)

DD

•••
I'd really go for both if at all possible. People got used to typing in three-letter domain extensions and haven't yet gotten used to typing four-letter extensions.

.net now
.info now or later

•••
If it was me, I'd registar both, in the unlikely chance the .net is of any value. :tu:

I would, however, use the .info extension to develop on. I starting to quite like the .info extension and I think it will grow to be really popular over the next few years. Claim them now while you can, if you ask me! :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back