Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi

For this, let's assume that .tel will not be a total flop.

What type of keywords will be most valuable for this extension? Will it be geographical keywords, like newyork.tel, losangeles.tel, etc, or what else?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I agree with both of you.
I regged the city I live in, it's a tourist community,
surrounded by more Tourist communities.
So win win for me, as far I'm concerned.

People that visit here are always asking for websites for
different things, they leave with about 15 different
websites addresses. (because they want the actual sitename)

At least they did last year, this year however, they
will be leaving with just one - the city i live in .tel :tu:

Showcase your .Tel's Here

•••
I just saw web_designer_dot_tel (not mine) on Sedo with 1 bid and reserve met for $500.00. Looks like some are quick flip for profits, what if .tel fetch high, this could worth x2?

•••
•••
Alright. I'm done with my first batch of FREE .TEL reviews.

Each domain review includes the following:

1. Generic Logo
2. Domain Score Card

You can review these articles at Newslogue.com*|*Archive*|*Domain News

Enjoy,
LexisDomains

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

Be sure to click the tabs on the "Domain Score-Cards"

•••
Alright. I'm done with my first batch of FREE .TEL reviews.

Each domain review includes the following:

1. Generic Logo
2. Domain Score Card

You can review these articles at Newslogue.com*|*Archive*|*Domain News

Enjoy,
LexisDomains

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

Be sure to click the tabs on the "Domain Score-Cards"
You may want to go back over your comparable sales. They are not realistic.

•••
Well written and thought out. The author certainly has laid forth some excellent suggestions that can help the future of this "unique" tld.

Like any new product, John Q Public holds the fate with acceptance

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
I agree too, very good article !

•••
When I enter to sms.tel , a dot tel website exist who owns this domain?

After configuring the domain, the owner has not populated it yet, so Domainmonster, the registrar, gets free advertising.

:'(

This is NOT a TLD to just let sit there, but this owner has decided to do so.

Better to show how this domain can work for the owner or future owner.

You can always check Telnic Whois to see who owns this domain.

EDIT: the infamous Daniel Fuehrer owns this; I believe all the domains he "won" through dubious sunrise applications are basically "parked."

Last edited:
•••
I just saw web_designer_dot_tel (not mine) on Sedo with 1 bid and reserve met for $500.00. Looks like some are quick flip for profits, what if .tel fetch high, this could worth x2?

the auctions seems to be ending in few hours, $500 seems to be a good buy for now.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Don't know if the Hotels.tel deal did or didn't
pan out, but it was for sale here
http://www.namepros.com/domains-for...-h0tel-tel-low-start-auction.html#post3426795

It could just be me here but I don't see too much into non-name .tels. Given, I don't know enough about the ext but these seem kinda a waste. But on the other hand... could you make a full-blown directory with a .tel? If so, then I suppose hotels.tel would be worth owning. Otherwise, it'd be kind of a waste.

Maybe in the future, ppl would type in a .tel on their cell phones kind of at random. Let's say a person wanted to order a pizza but didn't have a number. So they'd check out pizza.tel for a pizza shop to call. Those investors hoping this practice actually becomes common should stop holding their breath, though. After all, if I need a pizza, I'd just have someone call Information (I'm deaf, of course, so I couldn't call, myself :| )

•••
Prototype of Twitter 2 tel has been successfully compeleted.. bop.tel is now getting my tweets. I will try to setup an interface for others to connect their dot tels.

Will attempt to put something out there under Twt2tel.com (parked at this very moment) tonight.

This puppy is movin!

•••
It could just be me here but I don't see too much into non-name .tels. Given, I don't know enough about the ext but these seem kinda a waste. But on the other hand... could you make a full-blown directory with a .tel? If so, then I suppose hotels.tel would be worth owning. Otherwise, it'd be kind of a waste.

Maybe in the future, ppl would type in a .tel on their cell phones kind of at random. Let's say a person wanted to order a pizza but didn't have a number. So they'd check out pizza.tel for a pizza shop to call. Those investors hoping this practice actually becomes common should stop holding their breath, though. After all, if I need a pizza, I'd just have someone call Information (I'm deaf, of course, so I couldn't call, myself :| )

I tell you why dot tel worth owning it.
To some people who don't see any value on it are wrong.
Let me tell you someting, many here have premium, generic, vanity, geo... and they are all lucky to have it. For naysayers it's too bad but it's their choice and I won't go against their ideas.

Now, let take for example my dot tel portfolio of real estate tel and I will show you why it is worth to own. Try to take the least desirable gTld, I don't know if it's .info or .biz or else depends on domainer or user apreciation. Try to ask owner of these exact name (ex: alaskarealestate.info or other tld (biz, tv, us...) how much they are willing to sell for? Guess what, you have an answer of what your dot tel worth at LOW. If the owner says Reg Fee $12.00 than it could worth that but I doubt it's what he will sell for or he might be joking.

This is not speculation but market price.

•••
•••
I do believe in .tel -- I wouldn't have regged one if I didn't -- but I'm not too sure if every one-word .tel is worth owning. That can be said about any extension but I'm having the most thoughts about how some one-word .tels could be incorporated in a lucrative manner into an investor's portfolio.

I tell you why dot tel worth owning it.
To some people who don't see any value on it are wrong.
Let me tell you someting, many here have premium, generic, vanity, geo... and they are all lucky to have it. For naysayers it's too bad but it's their choice and I won't go against their ideas.

Now, let take for example my dot tel portfolio of real estate tel and I will show you why it is worth to own. Try to take the least desirable gTld, I don't know if it's .info or .biz or else depends on domainer or user apreciation. Try to ask owner of these exact name (ex: alaskarealestate.info or other tld (biz, tv, us...) how much they are willing to sell for? Guess what, you have an answer of what your dot tel worth at LOW. If the owner says Reg Fee $12.00 than it could worth that but I doubt it's what he will sell for or he might be joking.

This is not speculation but market price.

•••
As we've said NUMEROUS times - it is against our rules to promote or discuss other domaining and webmaster forums.

•••
Ok, let's try this again.

DO NOT LINK TO OTHER SITES - especially your own.

If the content is relevant to .tel then by all means post it.
But don't post "Hey check out my .tel"

There is only so much we can do with them at the moment,
and we all know what they look like.

So unless you have a breakthrough on development
DON'T POST A LINK TO "CHECK IT OUT"! or "WHAT DO YOU THINK"

There is a Social Group if you want to showcase your domains.

**If you have a problem with content posted in the thread
PM ME Please do not post in the thread!**

•••
So have all of the premium LLL.tel been bought out yet? there were less than 10% of available stock as of a week or two ago. anyone know?

•••
•••
Don't think this has been posted before - Dynadot's .Tel Launch Results - Top 25

Quite a surprising list - some that I wouldn't have expected, and many obvious ones that I would have expected aren't there. Note that some of those names marked as "reserved" are in fact sunrise. Of course, people who did their research wouldn't have gone after pending sunrise names at landrush, but waited for the sunrise drops every Wednesday. Oh, you didn't know about failed sunrise applications? And you call yourselves domainers?! ;) I picked up a bunch of great names, but the strategy has almost played out now for me.. it's been a blast!

"Only the small secrets need to be protected. The big ones are kept secret by public incredulity." - Marshall McLuhan

Have fun :wave:

Last edited:
•••
Don't think this has been posted before - Dynadot's .Tel Launch Results - Top 25

Quite a surprising list - some that I wouldn't have expected, and many obvious ones that I would have expected aren't there. Note that some of those names marked as "reserved" are in fact sunrise. Of course, people who did their research wouldn't have gone after pending sunrise names at landrush, but waited for the sunrise drops every Wednesday. Oh, you didn't know about failed sunrise applications? And you call yourselves domainers?! ;) I picked up a bunch of great names, but the strategy has almost played out now for me.. it's been a blast!

"Only the small secrets need to be protected. The big ones are kept secret by public incredulity." - Marshall McLuhan

Do tell about the so-called "failed sunrise applications"

•••

Surprising list indeed. I can't believe I didn't get venture.tel. I had it pre ordered on every site and on dynadot also.

Thanks for the info on failed sunrise drops. I had no idea.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back