Dynadot

Most valuable LLLL domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ok, so I'm new to short domains and before anyone asks I've already read the numerous sticky's in this forum. I understand what letters are premium and all but what domains are worth the most. I'm not asking in regard to .com, .net. or .org but just in general what should i be looking for? Which short domains are worth the most? CVCV? VCVC? CVVC? VCCV? AABB? ABAB? Tripple Letters? or VVVV? Basically I'm having a hard time understanding which type of short domains are worth the most. Can someone please explain to which type of short domains are worth the most?

Basically If you had a chance to buy up any of the LLLL domains which ones would you buy first and why?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very pronounceable CVCV top the list of non-word LLLL.coms which fetch the most.

VCVC really depend on the letters, unlike AABB and Triple Letters which have a fairly large value (~$500+ for triple repeats/AABB) regardless of letter quality.

On the pronounceable front, you're looking at (in general): CVCV > VCVC > CVVC > VCCV.

With rares, you're looking at (again, on average): AABB > Triple Repeat > ABAB > VVVV > Triple Non-Repeat.

If I had to average it out across all LLLL's, I'd say it goes as follows: CVCV > AABB > Triple Repeat > ABAB > VCVC > VVVV. CVVC/VCCV depend heavily on the letters and pronounceability.

If I had a chance to buy one category out, it'd be the triple repeats -- already own 40 of them.

I see triple repeat LLLL.coms as being the best budget alternative to a triple repeat LLL.com which fetch a large premium over regular LLL.coms.

DLarkin84 said:
Ok, so I'm new to short domains and before anyone asks I've already read the numerous sticky's in this forum. I understand what letters are premium and all but what domains are worth the most. I'm not asking in regard to .com, .net. or .org but just in general what should i be looking for? Which short domains are worth the most? CVCV? VCVC? CVVC? VCCV? AABB? ABAB? Tripple Letters? or VVVV? Basically I'm having a hard time understanding which type of short domains are worth the most. Can someone please explain to which type of short domains are worth the most?

Basically If you had a chance to buy up any of the LLLL domains which ones would you buy first and why?

•••
thanks for explaining everything... reps added

•••
CVCV.COM are the most valuable according to current market price..
however I'll personally rate high for rare LLLL.COM such as
1) Have a meaning - Dictionary words
2) repeated letters - Example - AAAA.COM
3) Extremely Algorithm - Example - ABCD.COM
4) Pronounceable - This is where CVCV.COM or VCVC.COM comes.
Cheers
Of course this is personal opinion only, you're not allowed to follow.. lol.. :)

•••
no doubt that CVCV with premium letters are worth the most.
Despite Reece and others EDIT: [Not to upset also mentioning wussadotcom] saying that triple repeats are very valuable I haven't gotten much offers for my lot #107, that makes me believe they are not worth a lot more than $300.
There is a difference though in their pattern, AAAB are more valuable than AABA...

Last edited:
•••
ssamriga said:
Despite Reece and others saying that triple repeats are very valuable I haven't gotten much offers for my lot #107, that makes me believe they are not worth a lot more than $300.
There is a difference though in their pattern, AAAB are more valuable than AABA...

Cruel8-X .. i want my name in there to.. LOL :bah:

•••
There's a very, very big difference between something like AIII which I recently paid $3000 for and something like QVQQ.

I haven't looked at what's being auctioned, but you can bet I'll be there bidding on it later today if it's good :)

AAAB/BAAA are considerably more valuable than non-repeat triple letter pattens, as you've said -- about 2 to 3 times more valuable from what I've seen and my personal experience in both markets.

I would think the min wholesale on non-repeating patterns is about $200, whereas it's about $500 (probably $400 for the most ghastly combination) on AAAB/BAAA.

ssamriga said:
Despite Reece and others saying that triple repeats are very valuable I haven't gotten much offers for my lot #107, that makes me believe they are not worth a lot more than $300.

•••
the tripple repeats is a domainer fancy. have never seen one sell to end-user. if reseller pricing is all you care about, reece's price guide is good. On the other hand, you could try to step outside the box that everyone is in.

•••
Yes, I believe that Reece's guide is an excellent price guide. You can find his blog here: http://4letternoob.wordpress.com/

He goes into some detail about the pricing to expect for different combinations of LLLL.com

I agree with everything else that has been said in this thread regarding prices!

•••
Trip repeats a definitely domainer collectibles. If you want a high chance of finding endusers go with cvcv

•••
Endusers are hard to find even for CVCVs -- just look at how many of the guys holding 20+ CVCVs end up selling them on domain forums. The fact remains that regardless of what type of domain you have (generics, LLL, CVCV, etc), finding endusers is a time consuming (or waiting game) process.

Many triple repeats have "enduser potential" and I've received enough offers on a few particular triple repeats to believe they aren't coming from resellers.
The unfortunate thing about many triple repeats (and this goes for CVCVs and LLL.coms as well) is that when you start having asking prices in the $2000-$4000+ range, many genuine endusers may not be able to afford it and resort to cheaper alternatives.

Most of my triple repeats were registered (not by me) pre-Dotcom Bust or shortly afterwards, so domainer fancy or not, they have a long history of being desired. Names like my FAAA or NYYY literally beg for an enduser, although one might debate whether an actual geo (FAAA) or NYYY should really be compared to an ordinary triple repeat.

An innocent name of mine like IIIT has received me multiple private messages from domainers located in India who ask me if I'm aware of what I own. Or how about AIII being registered 3 entire years before LLL.coms sold out? I have no clue what UOOO means or why Chinese/Japanese people would be interested in it, but I receive offers almost every week on it written (conveniently) in Chinese/Japanese.

LLLT -- Low Level Laser Therapy, google ads, wordtracker, the whole deal.

I'm still buying in the triple repeat market -- bought SSSA just yesterday. Tell me how many LLLL.coms you've seen that are nicer than SSSA :)

Nothing is wrong with selling to other domainers and it's certainly something one ought not be ashamed of -- I have close to 4000 sales to other domainers this year already. While the large majority of them were under $100, it still adds up.

tzsxc said:
the tripple repeats is a domainer fancy. have never seen one sell to end-user. if reseller pricing is all you care about, reece's price guide is good. On the other hand, you could try to step outside the box that everyone is in.

•••
Thank you all for the great input... I'm really starting to learn how this all works.

•••
Reece said:
Endusers are hard to find even for CVCVs -- just look at how many of the guys holding 20+ CVCVs end up selling them on domain forums. The fact remains that regardless of what type of domain you have (generics, LLL, CVCV, etc), finding endusers is a time consuming (or waiting game) process.

Many triple repeats have "enduser potential" and I've received enough offers on a few particular triple repeats to believe they aren't coming from resellers.
The unfortunate thing about many triple repeats (and this goes for CVCVs and LLL.coms as well) is that when you start having asking prices in the $2000-$4000+ range, many genuine endusers may not be able to afford it and resort to cheaper alternatives.

Most of my triple repeats were registered (not by me) pre-Dotcom Bust or shortly afterwards, so domainer fancy or not, they have a long history of being desired. Names like my FAAA or NYYY literally beg for an enduser, although one might debate whether an actual geo (FAAA) or NYYY should really be compared to an ordinary triple repeat.

An innocent name of mine like IIIT has received me multiple private messages from domainers located in India who ask me if I'm aware of what I own. Or how about AIII being registered 3 entire years before LLL.coms sold out? I have no clue what UOOO means or why Chinese/Japanese people would be interested in it, but I receive offers almost every week on it written (conveniently) in Chinese/Japanese.

LLLT -- Low Level Laser Therapy, google ads, wordtracker, the whole deal.

I'm still buying in the triple repeat market -- bought SSSA just yesterday. Tell me how many LLLL.coms you've seen that are nicer than SSSA :)

Nothing is wrong with selling to other domainers and it's certainly something one ought not be ashamed of -- I have close to 4000 sales to other domainers this year already. While the large majority of them were under $100, it still adds up.

SSSA, IITT, and FAAA are not good examples why people are paying a premium for tripple repeating letters. Those are great names in itself. Alot of tripple repeats were registered in 2004-5 as i recall by one single person. He was selling them off in ebay about 2 years ago for ~20 bucks.

CVCV has a basis of value. Look at how many companies like to use that pattern. Anyways, that arguement is like beating a dead horse. My comment was trying to get people to think for themselves. Blindly investing based on some arbitrary market price is just weird. Do some research and think outside the box.

•••
Yes, kind of like paying $500+ for something like XUQE.com because it's a CVCV ;)

Good names and bad names in any segment of the LLLL.com market and it's a domainer's job to weed out the good ones from the bad ones. We can only appraise domains unfortunately at what the market will pay -- not necessarily reflective of what anyone other than a delusional domainer (.asia ahem ) would pay.

tzsxc said:
SSSA, IITT, and FAAA are not good examples why people are paying a premium for tripple repeating letters. Those are great names in itself. Alot of tripple repeats were registered in 2004-5 as i recall by one single person. He was selling them off in ebay about 2 years ago for ~20 bucks.

CVCV has a basis of value. Look at how many companies like to use that pattern. Anyways, that arguement is like beating a dead horse. My comment was trying to get people to think for themselves. Blindly investing based on some arbitrary market price is just weird. Do some research and think outside the box.

•••
Reece said:
Yes, kind of like paying $500+ for something like XUQE.com because it's a CVCV ;)

Good names and bad names in any segment of the LLLL.com market and it's a domainer's job to weed out the good ones from the bad ones. We can only appraise domains unfortunately at what the market will pay -- not necessarily reflective of what anyone other than a delusional domainer (.asia ahem ) would pay.

i'm not trying to making a point about which investment category is better than another, that's your job with ur price guide:) I really appreciate your price guide as a way to gauge the reseller market. I'm not trying to specifically shoot down the tripple repeating market. The OP was trying to get investment advice, i was just trying to point out that a reseller price guide is not necessary the best way to go.

•••
Totally understand your point of view -- I think we're different kinds of domains you and me :)

Personally, I make my living reselling to other domainers -- enduser sales are few and far between. If they happen, great, but I generally don't go out of my way to make endusers aware of what I have available for sale.

My guide's good for reselling LLLL.coms to other domainers -- it has no bearing whatsoever on what to expect from endusers and I deliberately leave out most info on pronounceable LLLL.coms because it's too much of a headache to sort out enduser sales versus domainer to domainer sales.

Personally, I think LLLL.com investing is too new of a field for anyone to have much of a bearing on what works best with endusers and I'd say we're many years away from knowing with any certainty.

1x $10,000 CVCV
10x $1,000 AAAB
33 x $300 Quad Premium
225 x $44 Triple Premium
345 x $29 Single Premium

Time will tell what's better, but that time isn't now imho.

tzsxc said:
i'm not trying to making a point about which investment category is better than another, that's your job with ur price guide:) I really appreciate your price guide as a way to gauge the reseller market. I'm not trying to specifically shoot down the tripple repeating market. The OP was trying to get investment advice, i was just trying to point out that a reseller price guide is not necessary the best way to go.

•••
Hey Reece..
First of all just read the whole thread and very nice explanation about everything..

Triple Repeats!!!--Yes they are going hot, i just saw a few domains go for very high pricing( i was a part of the bidding!!!)...

Also as reece said Patters of the format ABBB, BAAA are selling for more than other patters...
Reece--Why is this the case?? Is it because it can have more easy pronouncablity??
Also do a complete anti premium domain in this patter worth $500+ ????

I just purchased 3 domains..
UXUU.com, DZDD, GGQG.com...
Looking for more, but i hardly find people who want to sell them...

•••
I guess reece has the biggest collection when it comes to triple repeats......
whay are u selling them reece??????
I thoght they will wait for a few years...

•••
Hi Anuj,

Costs of running BQB are upwards of $2000/month and quickly escalating. It's also taking away most of the time during which I would normally be buying + selling domains, so it's hurting my bankbook a lot harder than that. I've sold most of my other domains -- many of which I didn't want to sell either, like LLLL.nets.

I hope to be able to keep a few or at least buy a few back at a later date.

anuj291 said:
I guess reece has the biggest collection when it comes to triple repeats......
whay are u selling them reece??????
I thoght they will wait for a few years...

•••
Interesting thread :)

My question: Is a non premium CVCV better than a good AABB or a triple premium?

•••
TordB.com said:
Interesting thread :)

My question: Is a non premium CVCV better than a good AABB or a triple premium?

triple repeats and patterns of form AABB are more expensive as they are very rare and there are not many combinations there.......

As far as CVCV non premium goes... the main thing that you have to look for is brandability and pronouncablity... Premium letters and non premium letters come next
Let me give you an example....QUIZ.com(it is a single premium domains) but i dont think that i have to point out what this domain is worth :hehe: :hehe:

Follow your heart and get more pronouncable names...

Reece said:
Hi Anuj,

Costs of running BQB are upwards of $2000/month and quickly escalating. It's also taking away most of the time during which I would normally be buying + selling domains, so it's hurting my bankbook a lot harder than that. I've sold most of my other domains -- many of which I didn't want to sell either, like LLLL.nets.

I hope to be able to keep a few or at least buy a few back at a later date.

Yes thats true....
I wish you the best for BQB... As i stated before.. i will be making my aucttions when the time is right:lol: B-) (which as you can see is not now)

•••
I'm surprised that there's been no discussion of letter value based on frequency analysis. Those letters that are used most frequently as 1st-letters should be recognized as having more value. So far the discussion has only focused on "premium" letters without much further qualification. I have seen some light shown on special-case placements, like "I" at the end for "Inc." or "N" for "Network"

Of course each language has its own profile when it comes to this and some combinations, even if of seeming high value might actually be practical impossibilities for acronym usage in a given tung.

According to this guy: http://scottbryce.com/cryptograms/stats.htm the most common English first letters in a word in order of frequency are

T, O, A, W, B, C, D, S, F, M, R, H, I, Y, E, G, L, N, O, U, J, K

Of course the main reason "T" is in the #1 spot is because "the" is the most common word. Now this is absolutely GREAT when "T" occurs at the begining of your LLLLs because so many acronyms can start out with "The Somthin Somthin Whatever ". I know from long experience that this does work in favor of end user sales. Discounting the use of "the", T is still a very well used 1st letter but it is definitely worth paying more for a TLLL.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back