Dynadot

Domain Status Checker

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nexus

Master Your DomainsEstablished Member
Impact
Thought I'd post here in case anyone finds this useful.

I'm testing this new script I've written for FREEWHO:
http://www.freewho.com/domainchecker.php

The "expiration" and "updated" date is there, as well as any current status flags. It currently does not estimate redemption time, or estimate deletion, but these things can be figured pretty easily in your head. Regardless, I'll be adding those next, as well as a "sortby" function. "PENDINGDELETE" and "REDEMPTIONPERIOD" have been color-coded (along with "TAGGED", "DETAGGED", and "SUSPENDED" for .co.uk domain names.)

It lists a lot of information for each domain name, so any feedback on what's useful would be great. I'm thinking I'll let a user pick and choose with check boxes.

It's input-cleaning is fairly robust. You can copy virtually any list and paste it in, and it will identify the domain name on each line. Provided you have only one domain on each line, and that domain is supported by the system, it will generate results. Most listing services like SnapNames, DeletedDomains.com, or even NameWinner can have their results copied and pasted in, directly from the browser. I've limited it to 30 names at a time (but that "limit" might be unintentionally "broken" at the moment). :)

It currently supports .COM, .NET, .ORG, .INFO, .BIZ, .US, and .CO.UK. I think its the only script of its type that supports .BIZ, .INFO, .US, and .CO.UK results.

I've attached a list of .co.uk's I've found that were "DETAGGED" at some point. Some are still DETAGGED, some are suspended, and a few are no longer in the Nominet database.

Best Regards,
~ Nexus

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks, RJ. I've updated it since. You can literally copy and paste the contents of an entire page now, and it will check each line for 1 domain and give the results for it. The limit is now 50 too and the whole thing has been integrated with FreeWho.com.

FreeWho.com

Best,
~ Nexus

•••
•••
•••
You've written it?!?! Well done!!

•••
Thanks, Katy. I'm making it part of DomainFolio, a web-based script I've been developing to help keep track of and organize domain holdings. It's looking like the script will be available for free, so I'll let people know if they want to grab a copy.

Best,
~ Nexus

•••
•••
Nexus

Great Script!!! I am kinda partial to the link popularity one.

•••
•••
looks very cool. You definately have my attention.
While, we only have a couple hundred names I can never keep track of them.

I have tried a couple of installed programs
but I jump from machine to machine. I would be very interested in something I can install on one of our servers.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back