NameSilo

advice Sold 3L Domain on SEDO for 6 digit USD - Buyer not willing to pay

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

zotix

Upgraded Member
Impact
Dear Community,

I sold a Domain at SEDO.com for a total amount, which is near the mid-6-digit range.
I received the Offer and accepted it. There was no Typo from the Buyer or anything else he claimed.

After several Reminders from SEDO and some calls, the buyer asked to cancel the Transfer.
SEDO told him that this is not possible due to the contract, which is effective.
He just dropped the call, and SEDO is now canceling the internal Transfer Service.
I know that the contract is still valid, but unfortunately, SEDO is hiding behind its role as a platform.

Currently I'm more angry on the behavior of SEDO, than on the Buyer.
How is it possible, that SEDO has 3 different Certification Roles:

1. Buying up to 10k (Standard)
2. Buying up to 100k
3. Buying upwards 100k+

Where do they ask for bank statements, complete KYC, and all that stuff, and still there are IDIOTS like this buyer?
I read posts in other forums, where those things already happened in 2008.
It's totally ridiculous from a Platform that claims to be the "biggest premium domain platform" worldwide - and can not implement better controls or at least cooperate with the Seller.

Im pretty sure, If I would win the case, they would come and ask for the Provision.

I will not reveal the Domain Name, but I can say that I'm from Germany and the Buyer is from the United Kingdom.
I'm just asking them to provide me with all the Data they can give so that my lawyer can check the probability of winning or at least getting some money.
It's not even clear if this person is financially stable to pay such an amount.
Asking SEDO about ANY transactions that the buyer might have done in the past was declined due to data privacy. What the hell? It's just a "YES" or "NO," nothing that lets me know who the buyer might be.

I'm not sure how to deal with that situation.
Im in contact with 3 of the TOP lawyers in GER specializing in that field.

What is your experience with such transactions?
And why the hell is SEDO acting like this?

KR
zotix

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well i would not call it congratulations - but it was a learning I had, so yes - appreciated :)

thanks
zotix

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back