IT.COM

GoDaddy Auction Make Offer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TampaDomains

Established Member
Impact
Hopefully some of you long time users of this can answer a few questions please.

1. Sometimes I see a domain with lots of bids on make offer and the minimum bid being over $500 or whatever but it seems there is no way anyone would bid that much and certainly not dozens of people.
In this scenario, did the sellers start the min at $20 and get the bid/offer number jacked up and then change to $500+ for min bid and then it still shows dozens of bids? Making it look like dozens have bid $500 or more?

2. When I make an offer and it says ,"Not Highest Offer" is that just current offers that the seller is pondering or all time, even if the seller had counter offered and the buyer rejected.
For example, buyer offers $100, seller counters $500, Buyer rejects or doesn't respond in 7 days, Now 8 days later a new buyer offers $98, will it still show "Not Highest Offer"?

3. Just to test out a few things I put the $20 min bid in on several domains that already have lots of bids in and are worth way more than $20. I expected the seller to counter with some much bigger number, but days later, still no response. Is that the best strategy as a seller? Just don't counter maybe until the 7 days is almost up, while pondering other offers?

4. As a seller will I be able to know that a new bidder is really the same person that rejected my counter offer and is now trying a higher offer?

Thanks for any help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
NO.3: As the seller, I always ignore the low offer, especially the offer at $20 which is as low as the fee the seller have to pay to Godaddy.

•••
NO.3: As the seller, I always ignore the low offer, especially the offer at $20 which is as low as the fee the seller have to pay to Godaddy.
Why not counter $200, $500 or whatever you are trying to get? It can't hurt right?
Maybe someone is willing to pay $200 but they are going to start there.

•••
Why not counter $200, $500 or whatever you are trying to get? It can't hurt right?
Because if the real buyer they will never make an offer like that and from my experience, just waste time for the low offer at $20

•••
I suspect GD owns good picks! Again, my assumption, can't say who we are asking.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back