IT.COM

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you for that very important insight.

So there appears to be a challenge with using the Dynadot Afternic direct listing feature. Dynadot does not support the capitalization. So the Dynadot Afternic listings lack any capitalization. This creates confusion regarding the meaning of some of the domain names imported. And, presumably the completely lowercase version gets propagated through the partner network.

No doubt, all the domainers on NP want their for sale marketplace listings and landers readily found on searches. Being able to have the appropriate caps in the domain improves the likelihood of a sale.

So maybe worth having that casing feature on Dynadot, @Caleb Tweed ?!
We originally had some reservations on allowing CamelCase due to some issues with potential buyers being misled (usually through the lowercase L and uppercase I getting confused, as well as some IDN characters) which is why we have it so all letters be the same case when displaying the name. However I certainly see the point of it being helpful marketing-wise for certain domains (as long as we still have something that allows the user to still see the domain in all upper or lower case)! I'll pass that on to the team for consideration.

•••
•••
We originally had some reservations on allowing CamelCase due to some issues with potential buyers being misled (usually through the lowercase L and uppercase I getting confused, as well as some IDN characters) which is why we have it so all letters be the same case when displaying the name. However I certainly see the point of it being helpful marketing-wise for certain domains (as long as we still have something that allows the user to still see the domain in all upper or lower case)! I'll pass that on to the team for consideration.
Excellent points. Now I understand why you have the button to click for the 'all capital letters' version.

So would using a font that eliminates this confusion make sense, as @Future Sensors wisely points out?!

•••
•••
Is there a benefit to achieving Bulk Status for .coms? I went to their pricing page https://www.dynadot.com/domain/tlds-prices?price_level=0 and no matter what level I click (regular, bulk, Super bulk), it always shows $10.19 for register, transfer, renewal. Am I then correct in understanding there would be no savings of "save up to $5 per domain for 1 year" as they claim here: https://www.dynadot.com/community/blog/discount-domains-dynadot-bulk-pricing
So it's just a sale we have going to allow all users access to our Super Bulk Pricing that we started late last year. It was originally just supposed to last just until the end of the year, but we had received a lot of positive feedback for it so it has been extended multiple times. It won't last forever though and will revert to our old pricing tiers eventually. More info on it here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/dy...lable-for-all-customers.1314274/#post-9178507

Last edited:
•••
@Caleb Tweed, as I'm sure you have seen, I like the Dynadot platform (some of the time savers built into the site are nice when dealing with a lot of names) and I make positive comments on this site about Dynadot...but one more time I want to make a request.

PLEASE move the giant green 4.1 rating off the top of the 'for sale' pages of domain names. Yes, leave the Dynadot logo and name top and center, but the rash of 1 star recent ratings would not instill faith in someone landing on a page selling an intangible.

Leave the rating everywhere else on the site if you wish, but PLEASE remove it from the sale landers...at a minimum allow sellers to toggle it on or off.

Last edited:
•••
PLEASE move the giant green 4.1 rating off the top of the 'for sale' pages of domain names. Yes, leave the Dynadot logo and name top and center, but the rash of 1 star recent ratings would not instill faith in someone landing on a page selling an intangible.

Leave the rating everywhere else on the site if you wish, but PLEASE remove it from the sale landers...at a minimum allow sellers to toggle it on or off.

I've got to say, this is truly a deal breaker for me...if that green has to stay, I've got to point the names elsewhere.
Understandably frustrating, like the camel casing issue.

I have a unique solution.

So many folks on NP seem passionate about Dynadot. Why not have all of them put in their glowing reviews! Improve that rating! Then if it's closer to a 5, you'll be delighted to have the TrustPilot ranking at the top.:xf.grin:

And, BTW, this can serve as a reminder to the NP community. If you have a great experience at any registrar or domain marketplace, please consider sharing that on TrustPilot. Those ratings may matter more than you realize.

Last edited:
•••
Understandably frustrating, like the camel casing issue.

I have a unique solution.

So many folks on NP seem passionate about Dynadot. Why not have all of them put in their glowing reviews! Improve that rating! Then if it's closer to a 5, you'll be delighted to have the TrustPilot ranking at the top.:xf.grin:

And, BTW, this can serve as a reminder to the NP community. If you have a great experience at any registrar or domain marketplace, please consider sharing that on TrustPilot. Those ratings may matter more than you realize.
Yes, if everyone that uses Dynadot would give a positive rating each time they used the site it would help get the score up.

Of course I leave a 5 star every chance I get. Dynadot is my favorite registrar as of now...their platform, once you get used to it, is great for investors.

I was told a couple of years ago TP can be expensive (that is why Monster started his own rating service apparently). I can't recall the numbers any longer but one of the tech guys back then said it was costly. Supposedly, the way they wanted to use/display the service on the site was 'novel' and that is why it was expensive. Who knows, it may not be that costly.

Getting a lead, much less a sale, is a delicate thing in the domain world...ANYTHING that can cause a potential buyer to pause for millisecond should be avoided.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, if everyone that uses Dynadot would give a positive rating each time they used the site it would help get the score up.

Of course I leave a 5 star every chance I get. Dynadot is my favorite registrar as of now...their platform, once you get used to it, is great for investors.
Absolutely. Excellent customer service and great sales results deserve recognition on TrustPilot--for any domain marketplace.
Getting a lead, much less a sale, is a delicate thing in the domain world...ANYTHING that can cause a potential buyer to pause for millisecond should be avoided.
And Dynadot and @Caleb Tweed have been receptive to ideas from NP. So hopefully even a trial implementation will happen, for BOTH camel casing and moving the TrustPilot logo from the top or making it opttional--at least for now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back