IT.COM

Zerex DSM v3 Lite

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Today I came across http://www.zervex.com/products.htm and it really looked great.

I am using Pleask 7.5.2 reloaded on my dedicated server. And I am really fed up with it ! It comes with MySQL 3.0.23 and I can't even upgrade to PHP5. I try to upgrade any stupid package on my box and plesk just starts to cry ! I am really hating it now !

I am seriously considering to use DSM v3 Lite. Is anyone of you guys using it ? I am looking for some feedback.

Thanks,
Pratik

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
:\ isn't there exploits out for older mysql?

•••
It must be patched. Never looked into the server from security point of view. I am way too angry with my box to do that :D

Thanks,
-Pratik

•••
•••
I looked at the demo and it looks really good but I think cpanel is still better and more widely used.

•••
But this one is free :"> ! And it has less issues with upgrading softwares. You can't upgrade to PHP5 using cPanel without breaking things.

Thanks,
Pratik

•••
True but hopefully when php5 is very stable cpanel will make updates to this.

•••
PHP5 is already stable. The reason why they don't upgrade is I believe a few script of Fantastico will break.

-Pratik

•••
Oh ok yeah probably but I heard that is backward compatible is this true?

•••
There are a couple of changes which are not backward compitable. And that is breaking a few scripts. There has been fundamental changes like the number/types of argument a function can take. But there is a clear migration path.

Thanks,
Pratik

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back