IT.COM

discuss Your registrar let your domain got expired and being deleted soon

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cfo

Established Member
Impact
For some unkown reason NAMEPROS wouldn't allow me to point out the registrar ,it's okay

It's only a general-domain-discussion namepros team please do not move this post to other categories

Thank you

My story :

This registrar disabled two factor authentication for chinese users ,that's where I come from

if you wish to log in to their website ,you have to give your government issued ID to them .and fill their forms.

otherwise they need 18 months to fix their problems ,that means all My domains could be and have to be deleted if I have to wait for them to fix their problem

My problem is ,I have My user name ,My password ,My cellphone to the "two factor authentication" all My info are right ,they won't let me log in

I have many domains registered with them , they're expiring and now few of them are being deleted

they have no reason to ask for My ID ,My private info ,and I won't comply .

their CEO is a member of namepros but now he doesn't visit this forum anymore

Would you let me know what can I do ? and this registrar also ignored My emails regarding how to renew My domains

I don't need My account,I just need My domains , if you 're a lawyer from Colorado please contact me .Thanks

1.png

2.png

3.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1. If they disabled 2FA, shouldn't you be able to login with your regular login info?

2. If they didn't, just send them your info. it's a security measure in place to prevent people from social engineering their way into an account. It's not uncommon as a requirement, the downside of 2FA.

3. If the 2FA works with authentication through text messages the issue will definitely not get solved anytime soon.

4. Consider obtaining an us/eu based phone number for future use. Don't know how easy that is in china but the txt issue is on the receiver's end due to heavy filtering, blocking and restrictions imposed by China.

5. Last resort. If your ownership info is true/correct, request all Auth codes to be sent to the owner and transfer out. They cannot deny you the Auth codes/transfer, follow up with Icann.

Good luck.

•••
It's a pretty one sided show of events?

All you have provided is their responses......how did you respond to their requests to filling in the forms? Did you do this?......

If they are valuable domains and a (trusted) registrar asked for ID in these circumstances I would probably oblige for a short term fix.........otherwise it looks like they will drop and you'll have to go down the ICANN route as mentioned above....

•••
1. If they disabled 2FA, shouldn't you be able to login with your regular login info?

2. If they didn't, just send them your info. it's a security measure in place to prevent people from social engineering their way into an account. It's not uncommon as a requirement, the downside of 2FA.

3. If the 2FA works with authentication through text messages the issue will definitely not get solved anytime soon.

4. Consider obtaining an us/eu based phone number for future use. Don't know how easy that is in china but the txt issue is on the receiver's end due to heavy filtering, blocking and restrictions imposed by China.

5. Last resort. If your ownership info is true/correct, request all Auth codes to be sent to the owner and transfer out. They cannot deny you the Auth codes/transfer, follow up with Icann.

Good luck.
1. I am sorry ,I didn't make it clear , ,they stopped sending codes to China cellphones ,2FA ,still works ,but not for chinese users ,so I can't log in

2. they knew who I am ,they totally aware of I am the rightful owner ,but they just want My ID

3.they need 18 months to do that ,16 months left now

4.all registrar are doing fine ,it happended 2 years ago ,but they fixed that instantly

5.I did , not working

Thank you

•••
It's a pretty one sided show of events?

All you have provided is their responses......how did you respond to their requests to filling in the forms? Did you do this?......

If they are valuable domains and a (trusted) registrar asked for ID in these circumstances I would probably oblige for a short term fix.........otherwise it looks like they will drop and you'll have to go down the ICANN route as mentioned above....
I wasn't able to log in ,I have contacted them more than 1 month ,they just want My ID .they ignored My how to reanew My domains email ,I said ,I will not comply ,if they deleted all My domains I have no choice but to sue them . they only asked for chinese IDS,and ask to fill their forms ,it's nothing about tech issue ,they did this on purpose. some of them are valueable domains ,I bought them ,not just register /..if they asked all their users to provide ID to them ,I might give to them ,but they asked only for chinese users .,ICANN I have tried ,it wasted 1 month to do that ,but not working , Thank you

•••
I didn't lose My phone ,I am able to receive TEXT messages .They refused to fix they admitted problems . it's not My problem ,this time they want my ID for no reason ,next time what would they ask ?My phone records ? they have no right to do that .all I want are my domains their job is to provide stable service for users ,not set up obstacles for a certain country to every other registrars ,we're not special .to every other registrars ,all SMS code are doing fine

•••
It is your problem if you won’t comply with a perfectly ordinary and acceptable request of proof of id. Being stubborn is not going to help you.

You should be glad they don’t release accounts without proof of ID. That is what a good registrar does. You have been given the tools for access but you refuse to comply. DropCatch/NameBright has a similar issue and does the very same thing proof of id to access the account.

The only suspect thing in this story is why you refuse to provide proof of who you are to them.

Last edited:
•••
It is your problem if you won’t comply with a perfectly ordinary and acceptable request of proof of id. Being stubborn is not going to help you.

You should be glad they don’t release accounts without proof of ID. That is what a good registrar does. You have been given the tools for access but you refuse to comply. DropCatch/NameBright has a similar issue and does the very same thing proof of id to access the account.

The only suspect thing in this story is why you refuse to provide proof of who you are to them.

"The only suspect thing in this story is why you refuse to provide proof of who you are to them."

Any normal person should be aware of I was being treated unfairly .

May I ask who are you ,being nice to them ?

That's a very good question ,

of course

I can comply but for what reason ? just because they asked,so I have to offer ?

The registrar should have provided with stable service ,but they changed the verification process unilaterally and without users consent then ,should that be right ?
on the other hand ,I didn't nothing wrong ,I didn't lose My username ,My password ,My cellphone ,like said ,I did nothing wrong .why they caused me so much trouble on purpose ?for what reason ,I couldn't understand

They admitted it's their problem ,when who are you to say ,it's mine ? I can only assumed that you're with them :)
1.png

Last edited:
•••
Please be understand I am here to seek for your help :)

Last edited:
•••
Registering a .cn domain name, or registering a domain name on a Chinese website (for example: .xyz .top), the domain name registrant needs to provide a personal ID card for verification! Before the verification is completed, the domain name status is: Hold, the domain name does not work! According to What I know: Registering a .LK .VN domain name also requires submitting documents for verification, otherwise the registration will be cancelled.

•••
One simple solution to the problem is to arrange that they will manually process your login at a predetermined time, for example you log in with username and password at 12:00 GMT, they *manually* send you the 2FA code (simply from mobile phone, not an sms gate), and once you're in you can renew the domains or disable 2FA or whatever. It would be just as secure as it was then 2FA was still working, and invalidate the need of sending ID. It just requires a bit of good will... Also telling a customer that they can't log in because of a problem on the company's side but they don't care as they have the roadmap filled for the next 18 months is simply unacceptable.

•••
One simple solution to the problem is to arrange that they will manually process your login at a predetermined time, for example you log in with username and password at 12:00 GMT, they *manually* send you the 2FA code (simply from mobile phone, not an sms gate), and once you're in you can renew the domains or disable 2FA or whatever. It would be just as secure as it was then 2FA was still working, and invalidate the need of sending ID. It just requires a bit of good will... Also telling a customer that they can't log in because of a problem on the company's side but they don't care as they have the roadmap filled for the next 18 months is simply unacceptable.
Is your problem now that you can't log in to the website? Or is it because you haven't submitted your identity documents to complete the verification? Maybe it's because the translation of the translation website is not very accurate....

•••
I did try ,they can send me the verification code through emails and text ,even call me directly ,but they won't I have talked to them ,they just asked for your ID .for some reason maybe ,I couldn't understand .they're many reasonable ways to prove the ownership ,but they just want your ID .it happened 2 years ago .the fixed it once .

•••
Is your problem now that you can't log in to the website? Or is it because you haven't submitted your identity documents to complete the verification? Maybe it's because the translation of the translation website is not very accurate....
My domains are dot com dot net ,nothing needed an ID . you don't need to submit your ID to them to register an account with them :)

•••
My domains are dot com dot net ,nothing needed an ID . you don't need to submit your ID to them to register an account with them :)
Registering a domain name on a Chinese website, real-name verification is a must! This is a government requirement! Whether it is .cn or .com .top... Registering on a website outside of China, usually just to verify the email address...

•••
Registering a domain name on a Chinese website, real-name verification is a must! This is a government requirement! Whether it is .cn or .com .top... Registering on a website outside of China, usually just to verify the email address...
if it was a chinese registrar ,we don't need to discuss that :) ,like stated it hiappened 2 years ago .
even they want to make some changes ,they need to make an announcement ,or send emails to users to let users know they need to change something .If I was notified in advance,there will be no problem .but they didn't ,they did this without users consent

•••
1. I am sorry ,I didn't make it clear , ,they stopped sending codes to China cellphones ,2FA ,still works ,but not for chinese users ,so I can't log in

Did they stop sending or did you stop receiving?

If it's the first, they should be a little bit more lenient about restoring access to accounts with 2FA enabled.

If it's the latter... Not really their problem. Harsh but true.

•••
•••
Did they stop sending or did you stop receiving?

If it's the first, they should be a little bit more lenient about restoring access to accounts with 2FA enabled.

If it's the latter... Not really their problem. Harsh but true.
2FA ,still works ,I am able to receive codes ,they stopped sending it ,it means ,I will never receive the codes if they don't fix their problem . and they need 18 months to do that as they stated

Last edited:
•••
This may start a sh*tstorm, but I KNEW I had seen all this before!!!

https://www.namepros.com/threads/how-to-save-my-domains.1285049/
Namepros team woudln't allow me to point out the name of the registrar ,they move this post to some other category that no body will see ,so I have to repost it .

You have seen it before ,Many more Domainers have seen it no one gave a good suggestion , I still need help
People should how did they treat their users

Last edited:
•••
2FA ,still works ,I am able to receive codes ,they stopped sending it ,it means ,I will never receive the codes if they don't fix their problem . and they need 18 months to do that as they stated

Did you ask them why they stopped sending?

•••
Did you ask them why they stopped sending?

I guess I did this might be their answer ,it's their problem ? tech problems ? and refuse to fix it

""As we have stated, the problem with two factor authentication is being worked on " "

1.png

•••
I guess I did this might be their answer ,it's their problem ? tech problems ? and refuse to fix it

""As we have stated, the problem with two factor authentication is being worked on " "

Show attachment 226859

It just states there's an issue, which could both be internal or external.

Their given timeframe to a solution indicates to me it's an issue with a second/third party, hence it's going to take time.

I don't see them stating anywhere they've disabled 2FA for Chinese users, nor do I see them stating anywhere they've stopped sending out those text messages.

Just an observation.

Unless you can get them on record to state that (which is most probably not going to happen) there's not much you can do besides following their instructions. Based on the info you provided, which is lacking essential information and a timeline of events.

Last edited:
•••

Their given timeframe to a solution indicates to me it's an issue with a second/third party, hence it's going to take time.

I don't see them stating anywhere they've disabled 2FA for Chinese users, nor do I see them stating anywhere they've stopped sending out those text messages.

Just an observation.

Unless you can get them on record to state that (which is most probably not going to happen) there's not much you can do besides following their instructions. Based on the info you provided, which is lacking essential information and a timeline of events.
That's correct ,there's an issue ,but this issue they can fix instantly ,but they refused to do that ,that means ,it's their issue ,they can restore their service ,then send out an email to notify all the users ,this issue will be going to last for 18 months ,if you want to transfer your domains out ,you should do it right now . then there will be no problem right ? but they just let it happen without user's consent .

Yes ,they didn't nofity me ,but they just did it .

•••

Just an observation.

"We have done this for many of our chinese customers "

They can fix the problem and restore their service instantly ,but they refuse to do so ,only ask for troubles for chinese customers ,as for the reason ,I couldn't figure out why . I can only assumed they just want Chinese customer's goverment issued ID .

Yes ,I can comply ,I can absolutely do that ,but you have to give me a good reason why should I do that ? why you refused to fix your problem ,why you chose let your customers wipe your A++?

but who caused this kind of troubles ? someone should say no to them . they made their problem became ours

There are many doubtful points ,My ID related to all My domains . it's about My security ,I won't give that to them and it's not necessary .

They can call me ,send me text ,send me emails to veryfi the ownership but they won't ,why ?

4.png

Last edited:
•••
Back