IT.COM

discuss Your plans for December?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
As the year-end approaches, how close are you to the targets that you set at the beginning of the year?
I believe given the boom in crypto and meta space, many of you would have achieved the dollar targets but what about the portfolio target?

Where are you on both these fronts?

1) Financial targets
2) Portfolio targets

Any tweaks you can do in November/December to close 2021 on a winning streak or have a rocking 2022?

As for me, I am gonna acquire some good .co and .io domains and try to capitalize on them.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My plan are, i wanna buy dedicated/vps on this black Friday.

•••
Currently shopping about half my portfolio on Godaddy and SEDO. May even list some of my better names. I'm done buying until at least February.

•••
My December plans: Not buying meta. I've been out domaining for a while, will be getting stuck in with buying in 2022. I've got a sale coming up (outside of domaining), taken up most of my time, and I'll be releasing a percentage of that money in domains. As for crypto, I'm dabbling

•••
My December plans: Not buying meta. I've been out domaining for a while, will be getting stuck in with buying in 2022. I've got a sale coming up (outside of domaining), taken up most of my time, and I'll be releasing a percentage of that money in domains. As for crypto, I'm dabbling
Ohh some business sale you mean! That's nice!
What niches are you looking at investing? Lol meta sales i think have dried down.

Currently shopping about half my portfolio on Godaddy and SEDO. May even list some of my better names. I'm done buying until at least February.
Ohh already prepped for next year. Maybe sales will start coming in Jan 22
Lol everyone who wants to develop their names waits for Black Friday sale! What about domaining?

•••
Why don't you use just AWS, Google Cloud or Azure? Then you only pay for what you use and it can host websites for cents or even for free. Couple that with Cloudflare and you're laughing.

Also script your resources using Terraform.

Last edited:
•••
Ohh some business sale you mean! That's nice!
What niches are you looking at investing? Lol meta sales i think have dried down.

Ohh already prepped for next year. Maybe sales will start coming in Jan 22

Lol everyone who wants to develop their names waits for Black Friday sale! What about domaining?
The niches that I believe are going to make a substantial impact in the future, and the ones that matter: Biotech, Nanotech & AI. I don't really see myself letting go of any real premium domain in these sectors

Last edited:
•••
The niches that I believe are going to make a substantial impact in the future, and the ones that matter: Biotech, Nanotech & AI. I don't really see myself letting go of any real premium domain in these sectors
Maybe add electric vehicles and VR to the list as well?

•••
Why don't you use just AWS, Google Cloud or Azure? Then you only pay for what you use and it can host websites for cents or even for free. Couple that with Cloudflare and you're laughing.

Those free hosting comes with so much restrictions and most of them give you so little space

•••
Those free hosting comes with so much restrictions and most of them give you so little space
So many restrictions? People host extremely busy websites on there for nothing... got to know what you're doing though like with anything.

Hosting a static website on AWS with cloudflare fronting it and you're literally talking about 0 dollars a month.

Last edited:
•••
Positioning myself for the 2022 LLLL.org Buyout

Last edited:
•••

I Don't have credit card. that's a problem

•••
One word. Development. Why? Because I cannot afford not to make money.

•••
•••
What kind of development?
It's shopping season mate. I am using Google's Trends website to find products that people are buying. Then I am creating content related to those key word searches which ranks my sites on the search engines and also some social networking platforms. When people read the posts I add product offers with discount codes. For each click on an offer a percentage of people buy something and I receive 5-12 % of each shopping basket transaction. Today somebody spent 450 British pounds on sports merchandise and my end was 45 British pounds which is 60 American dollars. Happy days.

Last edited:
•••
I have around 300 dotComs will drop mostly because no sales for the last October and November. No idea what's going on in domain industry.

•••
I have around 300 dotComs will drop mostly because no sales for the last October and November. No idea what's going on in domain industry.

before they get dropped try to put them on auction here on namepros and list them on nameliquidate , so maybe you can get some cash and renew some instead of zero .

Last edited:
•••
Very interesting inputs here. More plans as December approaches?
I don't think sales would pick up in Dec as people go on holidays. So what's your strategy?

•••
Buy the drops because people are on holidays.

•••
•••
Doing a comprehensive review of my portfolio. December will be the last month of my one year reintroduction back into domaining.

Need to understand what's working and what's not and how my strategy may change.

Going to do a Year In Review type post sometime next month because I have found these posts really helpful for me in the past....

•••
I started six months back with a portfolio of 100 domains most of them crap... Since then I have expanded my portfolio to 300 ( Now I think May be 100 of them are good enough).
Got a decent start this month with 2 sale. December is key month for me.. Time will tell whether names I have purchased are good or not. I have almost invested $5000 in to domains, got $1000 from my first 2 sales. I am not in a hurry but to be honest each one of us are in this domaining journey to earn few $$...
All the best!!

•••
Just renew my .com portfolio

•••
•••
Renew the right names.
Drop the right names.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back