NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

AuctionBio

Top Member
Impact
I am looking for quick opinion about LondonCCTV.com

I own this domain, it is already in redemption period and yesterday it was auctioned out and was sold @ 310 USD on godaddy.
So should I go ahead and renew it or should I let it slip?

I have just couple of hours to renew it only.
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Renew for $10 ? yes
not 10 now its 95 usd including redemption price,

Its only attracting me as it is sold for 310 usd,
but still thinking about it

•••
If you google the name, it appears that there are more enduser to it, so you could renew it and then try to contact them with a fair price - But it`s your own call

•••
not 10 now its 95 usd including redemption price,

Its only attracting me as it is sold for 310 usd,
but still thinking about it

95 , it's a risk. I wouldn't take it, JMO.

•••
•••
Isn't London the CCTV capital of the world ? :) But I am not sure there are lots of end users for this one. While the name is taken in .co, .co.uk, .org, .info none of these are developed sites.
Just because a domainer (most likely) paid $310, doesn't mean he would buy the name from you in normal market conditions. Remember, the psychology of auctions... people are spending money that they otherwise wouldn't spend elsewhere.
I know what you're thinking, but if you renew the name you might never sell it.

Pretty much every name I dropped has been picked up by somebody else... they might sell it when I couldn't, but it's not likely. Of course, luck and timing plays a part. Just to say, you shouldn't have regrets.

Especially if you have held the domains for many years and never got any good inquiries. We all have to prune portfolios from time to time, and cut losses.

•••
Isn't London the CCTV capital of the world ? :) But I am not sure there are lots of end users for this one. While the name is taken in .co, .co.uk, .org, .info none of these are developed sites.
Just because a domainer (most likely) paid $310, doesn't mean he would buy the name from you in normal market conditions. Remember, the psychology of auctions... people are spending money that they otherwise wouldn't spend elsewhere.

Pretty much every name I dropped has been picked up by somebody else... they might sell it when I couldn't, but it's not likely. Of course, luck and timing plays a part. Just to say, you shouldn't have regrets.

Especially if you have held the domains for many years and never got any good inquiries. We all have to prune portfolios from time to time, and cut losses.
yes right

•••
Is it possible to transfer it out from GoDaddy at this point? I know I've won domains at GoDaddy auctions before and then they were transferred out within the next week before the transaction was completed.

•••
Is it possible to transfer it out from GoDaddy at this point? I know I've won domains at GoDaddy auctions before and then they were transferred out within the next week before the transaction was completed.
No, in redemption period you cannot transfer it anymore, I belive in grace period is your last chance to transfer out.

•••
No, in redemption period you cannot transfer it anymore, I belive in grace period is your last chance to transfer out.

The domain isn't showing as being in redemption period when checking Whois.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Thank you all...
at the end i renewed the domain as godaddy support given me 50% discount on redemption fee and i renewed it for two years....

i got mixed replies and at the end on the basis of all replies i renewed it for two years.

•••
•••

i had some mid to high xxx offers but did not sell,

•••
Since there is a buyer for it. You can renew it, put up a landing page quickly with a "Buy it now" price in the neighbourhood of the auction winning price. The winner WILL come looking for it. But this is taking a chance and he may not buy anymore. Buyers are weird this way.

•••
•••
@stub

https://www.namepros.com/goto/post?id=4767860#post-4767860

Do you know if this is still the case that you can transfer out domains at GoDaddy up to 42 days after expiration? Thanks.

May not matter in this instance as the domain appears to have had privacy.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/transferring-expired-domain-names-5019

Yep. You can transfer out up to day 42 after expiry. I would transfer this domain out of GoDaddy NOW. I would not renew at GoDaddy for $95. Probably not a lot of end users. But to the right enduser, it would be priceless.

I'd guess at that price in the auction it was a domainer bidding. Not and end user.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you all...
at the end i renewed the domain as godaddy support given me 50% discount on redemption fee and i renewed it for two years....

i got mixed replies and at the end on the basis of all replies i renewed it for two years.

I think you should have transferred it to another registrar for under $10. It would have saved you a bunch of cash. I just woke up. Sorry if I was too late to help out.

Last edited:
•••
I think you should have transferred it to another registrar for under $10. It would have saved you a bunch of cash. I just woke up. Sorry if I was too late to help out.
Thanks @stub but your comment would be valuable for other domains and as well as all other domainers including me. I appreciate it..
btw i removed the privacy and got the privacy refund back, so total it was 70 and for two years.

•••
I'd guess at that price in the auction it was a domainer bidding. Not and end user.

It could be an end user too, Stu, remember they only have to outbid the domainer bid by $1.

•••
It could be an end user too, Stu, remember they only have to outbid the domainer bid by $1.
yes may be, but if its an enduser that he/she would probably try to take it(will try to take it in mid xxx) and if its a domainer that he/she will forget it, IMO

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back