Dynadot

.tv Your latest .tv registration or acquisition

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I think there was a similar thread in the past but it's time to open a new one.
What's the last .tv domain you've registered or acquired?
I start with it.
It's Curved.tv with a 163$ fee on Name.com...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Over the years. The .TV is not an easy to sell so I’m not buying anymore .TV

In my humble years of experience.
I agree .tv is not an easy sell but the way things are going with shops closing down every day virtually everything with be online or on shopping channels. It maybe a long hold but definitely worth holding these .tv's

•••
I agree .tv is not an easy sell but the way things are going with shops closing down every day virtually everything with be online or on shopping channels. It maybe a long hold but definitely worth holding these .tv's

The only easy domain to sell is one that an end user actually wants.

There's been a lot of solid TV sales even recently diablo.tv sold for $8200 on Sedo.

If the keyword is good and matches with TV extension, then end users will come. I only have 1 TV domain, and that's because it's the only TV deal that came across my desk so far. It's not an extension that I actively seek out, but there are deals in every extension if your eyes are open.

•••

There's been a lot of solid TV sales even recently diablo.tv sold for $8200 on Sedo.

If the keyword is good and matches with TV extension, then end users will come. I only have 1 TV domain, and that's because it's the only TV deal that came across my desk so far. It's not an extension that I actively seek out, but there are deals in every extension if your eyes are open.
I only have the 1 as well but I think the end user will come eventually. I have BeautyCare.tv which covers all kinds of beauty products and fashion. So it's only a matter of time 😃

•••

I only have the 1 as well but I think the end user will come eventually. I have BeautyCare.tv which covers all kinds of beauty products and fashion. So it's only a matter of time 😃

Nice one!

•••
•••
•••
•••
Hey guys, can we discuss here also about pricing strategies of ours .TV domains?

•••
Boston Med .tv is my one and only tv domain. This was registered with a potential project in mind, rather than for sale. The generally low resale value of this extension was recognized.

Hey guys, can we discuss here also about pricing strategies of ours .TV domains
It will be interesting to see if the value of the .tv extension increases with GoDaddy's direct involvement now with registrations. Also, if the .tv domains become popular with parking ads for video streaming services, that might increase the values. Perhaps, the ad-revenue can weigh into the pricing strategy.

Last edited:
•••
BostonMed.tv is my one and only tv domain. This was registered with a potential project in mind, rather than for sale. The generally low resale value of this extension was recognized.

It will be interesting to see if the value of the .tv extension increases with GoDaddy's direct involvement now with registrations. Also, if the .tv domains become popular with parking ads for video streaming services, that might increase the values. Perhaps, the ad-revenue can weigh into the pricing strategy.

In my humble opinion, this is a massive move for .TV. Godaddy has the biggest connections to end users and can promote like crazy. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

•••
In my humble opinion, this is a massive move for .TV. Godaddy has the biggest connections to end users and can promote like crazy. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
Hopefully, the registration fee will go down. That might improve marketability. The renewals are currently $50/y at GD, which is a bit much IMHO.

•••
Hopefully, the registration fee will go down. That might improve marketability. The renewals are currently $50/y at GD, which is a bit much IMHO.

You can go to Dynadot and other registrars and it's around ~$26-27, which is a huge reduction.

•••
You can go to Dynadot and other registrars and it's around ~$26-27, which is a huge reduction.
Sadly, I accidentally renewed the domain at GoDaddy this year. This prompted me to discontinue auto-renew and far more aggressively transfer any domains I want to renew to less expensive registrars. One would hope that GD, with their .tv acquisition, could have provided better pricing.

Last edited:
•••
•••
WCS.png

•••
•••
It’s not a good look when the registry keeps deleted domains. Godaddy best get tv in control or it will go down further than it already has.

•••
I'm a bit confused with what's going on with GoDaddy and .tv. are the .tv domains we currently own safe ?

•••
Bands(.)tv
I already own Band(.)tv

•••
•••
Wallpapers.tv
Posters.tv
Hospitals.tv
Vouchers.tv
Mame.tv
CheapHolidays.tv

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back