IT.COM

Your Favourite Registration of the year 2022 - Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
We're getting towards the backend of the year now. Ho ho ho! 🎅🌲 to those who are into that sort of thing.

I thought it would be nice to ask all NP'ers the question:

What is YOUR favourite domain registration/acquisition of the year 2022?

🚨🚨🚨🚨
== Thread Rules, read before posting: ==

- ONE (single, 1, uno) FAVOURITE domain per post.
- Must have been acquired by YOU, this year (the year 2022).
- No repeated favourite post by the same user within the thread - it wouldn't your SINGLE favourite domain if you did that now would it?
- No posts containing multiple domains - we won't know what your favourite is!!!
- No posts containing multiple domains and then pointing out your favourite out of the bunch. One domain please!!
- No moaning that I've used the English (UK) spelling of favourite. Read as favorite if desired.
- No .xyz names. (Ok, just kidding 👻, it better be good though)

- Discussion or thoughts allowed, obviously (eg. "Wow, that's a nice name" or "Unlucky, if that's the best you've got then...")
- No surreptitiously sneaking in more favourite domains into your responses to other's names.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just one, so hard! :xf.confused:

I will go with factorially.com

The bot that writes descriptions at BPa like it as a math related term, which makes sense, but I see it more for consulting, analytics, strategy, or investment. It is a dictionary word according to Collins and Dictionary.com, but not MW.

Thanks for starting a great thread, @MadAboutDomains!

•••
3 come to mind... but keeping to OPs rules :) Acquired earlier this year. An impulse buy... felt the price was a steal.

Bets/World.com

Last edited:
•••
M . y . n . t . o . r . c . o . m

A nice brandable for Mentorship program or educational courses.
Sorry, this is absolute nonsense

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
ResellTV.com
» The resale / reCommerce economy is booming, growing many times faster than retail.
» Godaddy lists Resell.com as a premium domain with a $2 Million price tag.

BTW, the domain "aftermarket" term is another head scratcher for me... as developed, parked and landing page domains makes them perhaps the most 'used' products around... especially with 98% not selling YOY.

In the context of ecommerce, previously owned domains are reCommerce.
The aftermarket term normally applies to financial instruments and industrial aftermarkets, like auto parts.

•••
Even I struggled with my own rules, but it means that it ekes out the good stuff! Or so you'd think...

My contribution for my favourite domain acquired this year:

e/s/k/e/t/c/h .com

I'm in the process of developing and creating an online drawing game on it. Acquired from a previous long term holder of the name (regd by them since 1997) after quite some back and forth.

•••
•••
BuyAllcoin .com

Registration Date: Jan 13,2022

•••
Looking forward to more top names 👍

•••
•••
Maps (dot) xyz

It has a high renewal fee ($2500) but I'm OK with that. I purchased this wholesale but got an amazing deal.

Last edited:
•••
Hopefully there's more favourite domains out there from 2022. Please join the party 🎉

•••
🎅 Ho, Ho, Ho 🕎

VRimmerse (dot) com - Hand registered.

Nice find! I had submitted this to brandBucket as an unregistered submission on October 17th, a little bit before you hand registered this. That darn BB review time is 30+ days (ironicly, the current BB review date is domains that were submitted on October 17th, lol) It's a perfectly fitting superb futuristic domain, and I kicked myself when I saw it registered before BB got around to reviewing it, though I am happy to hear the domain found a good home in you @FAC, and is now your fave reg of the year!! 👍

Very good question... while I want to use hindsight and choose my highest selling hand reg of the year as my favorite acquisition of the year. I picked up a nice 4L acronym this year for a hellova deal, but my favorite acquistion this year has to be my first one word .com, Formatting(.)com.

There's of course (as it usually is with domaining) an interesting backstory to the purchase, and while I am ecstatic to own it, it was by far the most expensive domain I ever purchased, so still a I'm little nervous; like a clumsy guy taking a sports car out of the lot, I'm not sure how to drive the darn thing! lol :D

Last edited:
•••
SaintAnthony.xyz. He was a'great saint, and one prayed to for finding things. I was definitely excited to get the domain!

•••
We're getting towards the backend of the year now. Ho ho ho! 🎅🌲 to those who are into that sort of thing.

I thought it would be nice to ask all NP'ers the question:

🚨🚨🚨🚨
== Thread Rules, read before posting: ==

- ONE (single, 1, uno) FAVOURITE domain per post.

Web3Planet (.) org

I think its a great name for an organisation that uses Web3 technology for environmental purposes. Hope it does some good.

•••
🎅 Ho but my favorite acquistion this year has to be my first one word .com, Formatting(.)com.
Nice one worder. Do you have plans to develop it?

•••
HoloSalon(.)com

Hand Registered last month.

•••
Nice one worder. Do you have plans to develop it?

Oy... if only!

<rant>

I'm nearing the end of my second semester studying webdev, and if I'm being honest IDK if Ima make it, or make it with out having to retake a class or two. Java is kicking my ass this semester. All I've been hearing lately is formatting, formatting, formmating! Be it formatting cells when using excel for statistics, mla/sentence formatting for english, and most stressful of all code formatting for java, and xml. I've been bouncing from determined to discouraged banging my head against the wall asking questions similar to the below stackoverflow question, trying to piece together certain lines of code to get darn simple programs to work, usually leading back to some type of formatting error or noob misunderstanding on my part.

1669285872593.png

So after a night of java facepalming, and after an all night attempt to crack the code, I figured well since I can't figure out what is wrong with my formatting, as a delarious domainer maybe I can get formatting(.)com, and crown myself victor of the battle of me V formatting! I finalized negotiations via dan.com the following day while sitting in english class listening to the professor unintentionally tease me with constant mentioning of formatting, that I ended up paying closer to hobbyist price imo, as there was some emotion behind the purchase.

Yet sadly, my struggles with java still continue, and the void I had hoped to fill in the me Vs java battle, by purchasing formatting(.)com will probably forever remain hollow until the day comes when java code no longer looks like gibberish, and I have the basic ability to format code properly, similar to how I know english well enough to see MLA format and apply text accordingly.

As far as plans, I don't have the slightest clue. It is completely opposite to that of my domaining strategy. For the past year or so, I've been grinding it out on hedging my domain purchases via not registering domains until brandbucket accepts or declines the name. I certainly lose a lot of good names in the 30+ day bb review wait, but also, once a name is accepted, it seemingly is easier to wholesale, and beyond the wholesale hedge, there's BB liquidation hedge which hey, if BB will pay me $20 for an available to register domain, thats $10 in reg fee + 1 year chance of retail sale, than that's $10 profit should I not opt to renew or am unable to wholesale. Or alternatively, sometimes BB accepts names that I otherwise wouldn't have had the confidence to register if not for the BB hedge, and it's nice when those names sell retail.

This hedged strategy is great for those who have a love for finding available to register domains, which for me, for better or worse, burying my face in expireddomains.net for hours on in is my comfort zone, and if I was registering every domain that I liked, well we all know what happens to those domainers who mass register without a plan, lol. But still, seeing about 10% of my submissions, typically the cream of the crop submissions (as mentioned earlier submitting Vr Immerse before it was registered) leaves my ass bruised from kicking my self too often for not having the gusto to register the domain prior to marketplace approval.

Enough frustration, balancing between the good ol' "well... I could purchase one great name for X, or register ### cool names for X" eventually I boiled over and had a week on the aftermarket town. ((also picked up MrsPink(.)com)) but quickly snapped out of it as I realized, shit, I could use tangible things in my life, and not necesarrily more domains! Still, with the world series having just passed, and feeling a little strained from the nickle and diming hedged hand reg wholesale game, wanting a name I could be proud of, I gambled on some aftermarket purchases. Thinking premium domains were safer than sports bets and a possible investment that could have a homerun payout, as well as a conversation piece when asked by others (specifically coders), what's my best domain. Though, hindsight and domain delerium aside, I realize the best bet is on myself, so owning formatting(.)com is cool and all, but not as cool as getting an A in my java class, or leaving the class with a full understanding of the content. My brain has this weird adhd like habit patern where I start with homework I end up on expireddomains.net or some other domaining expedition. Ahh curse thy domainer brain!

Last year, I partnered with another developer/domainer, where we've accumulated (mostly hand regs) close to 3,000 bb domains with this strategy, in addition to wholesaling around 1,000 bb domains and retail selling dozens (albeit still a soft retail STR considering the heavy hand reg folio). I would say we (my domainer business partner and I) built a wholesale marketplace with domainer pricing private behind a invite only login, but really it was most my partners efforts and area of expertise (I'm more so a developers adhd nightmare at this point). We've yet to really market beyond a few beta invites to domainers we previously wholesold names to on BB slack channel, or elsewhere. In terms of future acquisitons, I'm going to try and limit my one-word .com splurges, extend that capital with registering some of the better drops before @FAC registers all the good domains before marketplace approval.

In terms of developing domains eventually I'd like to be that type of domainer who when finds a great name, can spend some time building it out, and generate revenue that way, opposed to grinding it out in the domaining trenches. Though considering my devnoobness, I think I'm in a pretty good learning position now to learn the textbook side of development from my college professors, and the practical experience running an ecommerce site with my domainereloper business partner. Our site is fully operational, with thousonds of brandable marketplace domains priced to invited domainers in the $XX range, I've just been slacking with doing my part in adding site content, and been a bit shy when it comes to reaching out to other domainers with beta invites, and with regards to marketing the invite site to other domainers.

I realize, after an essay and a half rant later, I still haven't answered the singular question of what I'm planning on doing with Formatting(.)come, lol. Awkward lol aside, I don't have any plans for the one worder as of now. I apparently had hoped acquiring it would create some cosmic matrix like shift and then all of a sudden I would understand the necessary formatting needed to get my java assignments working, but nope not yet, still me asking what's wrong with my formatting; I have the .com, IDK what the problem is! (lol)... Jokes/rants/otherwise aside, I'll likely end up listing formatting(.)come on brandbucket or squadhelp, though I also sent a request to nP top domain section to see what interest namePros may bring, be it broker interest or otherwise.

</rant>

Last edited:
•••
Oy... if only!

I'm nearing the end of my second semester studying webdev, and if I'm being honest IDK if Ima make it, or make it with out having to retake a class or two. Java is kicking my ass this semester. All I've been hearing lately is formatting, formatting, formmating! Be it formatting cells when using excel for statistics, mla/sentence formatting for english, and most stressful of all code formatting for java, and xml. I've been bouncing from determined to discouraged banging my head against the wall asking questions similar to the below stackoverflow question, trying to piece together certain lines of code to get darn simple programs to work, usually leading back to some type of formatting error or noob misunderstanding on my part.
I am a software developer by trade. I code mainly in C#, TypeScript and HTML.

The first thing I thought when I saw your name is that you have the perfect name to host useful formatting tools that people I know use every day.

There's a program called Woop! that does the same thing, and probably many others, but you could have some killer subdomains on that domain that would allow people to find formatters (that you host, or others) to format different types of script/code.

I'm thinking:

json.fo/rmattin//g(.)com
xml.for/mat/ting(.)com
javascript.for/matt/ng(.)com
url.fo/rma/tting.com
string.fo/rmatti/ng(.)com

I'm thinking of tools like this, that are EASY to recreate using Javascript:
https://www.urlencoder.org
https://jsonformatter.org/

Though it's a rather saturated market, if you can create something clean that works well then you could be on to a winner. A lot of people use regex101.com cause it's FLIPPING AWESOME. Shame there isn't a decent version that can be trusted for formatting (not that I've found anyway).

Gl

Last edited:
•••
I'm thinking:

json.fo/rmattin//g(.)com
xml.for/mat/ting(.)com
javascript.for/matt/ng(.)com
url.fo/rma/tting.com
string.fo/rmatti/ng(.)com

Ohhh man, not to distract too off topic, but don't even get me started what these java/json slash here dot there prefixes.

I had such a hard time getting past those com.example.packages. They had me so darn confused when seeing .com as a prefix, opposed to the normal suffx. Thinking I don't need some random package com.example.whyWontThisWork, I need the package com.formatting.toFreakinWork 🤦 Not fully understanding 👇

1669297175098.png

Or when I missed the fact that Java.io was merely an input/output stream and it wasn't actually reaching out to Java.(british)i(ndian)o(cean). I think I even asked my professor, but my system isn't connected to the internet now, how will it pull information from https://java.io/ With the domainer mind thinking, wow Java.io must be the most valuable domain I had never considered. haha.

1669296787212.png

The first thing I thought when I saw your name is that you have the perfect name to host useful formatting tools that people I know use every day.

That was the thought I was hoping for. As domains can sometimes replicate somebody's personality or interests, when asked by programming peers an example of my favorite domain, something such as StonerDating or DogeBets was no longer getting the type of validating reactions, that StonerDating would get from stoners or DogeBets would get from crypto gamblers.

While I may feel unworthy of this domain, as clearly I'm not the formatting king, having a programming related one word .com can give the fake it until make it in nature, at least when citing it as my favorite domain amongst programming peers the one word .com seems to add some legitimacy to my domaining efforts. Almost similar to the way that driving a nice car gives some type of legitimacy among certain peers.

Nothing worse than expecting a postive reaction from your favorite domain, only to find a peer of crickets. Nonetheless, one thing I've learned with domains, programming, and cars, is it's often whats under the hood that matters most, not necessarily the vehicles exterior. What wins more at a car show, the 95 corolla with the ferarri engine, or the ferarri with a 95 carolla engine, lol.

Last edited:
•••
@Samer -- I tag you... What's your favorite domain acquisition or registration of the year?

Answer, then pay it forward by tagging another. 👍;)👍

Last edited:
•••
•••
Back