Register.it

votes
    0.0%

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The voting will take place for the last two months of 2021 the poll closes on December 31,2021.
You can make up to 3 choices. This way you will have plenty of time to think about your vote, you will have time to change your votes if you so desire.

Employees are prohibited from voting.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Pro tip, Marketing/Customer service 101:

Joe,

Never mock your (potential) customers and always stay professional representing the company you work for. Customer is always King, is what I learned in my first lesson in marketing class a long time ago. Please with all due respect stay professional and learn from the mistake of others, you may lose some customers too and I don't think your CEO would appreciate that, I certainly wouldn't. I wish GoDaddy all the best with the polls.

Cheers,
Frans

Don't read too much into it. If there's one guy who's got customer service down its Joe. Kinda odd to lecture the one guy who goes above and beyond to accommodate clients about CS.

•••
Don't read too much into it. If there's one guy who's got customer service down its Joe. Kinda odd to lecture the one guy who goes above and beyond to accommodate clients about CS.

@Joe Styler is a great person. But I have mixed feelings about the Godaddy/Afternic presence on this forum. This is something @bmugford recently raised as well. Indeed, NamePros is not a support forum, but there are some expectations when staff is often participating in threads. Personally I have some frustrations with Customer Service (and more: tech, pricing, billing, exchange rates) at Godaddy and the unfixed and continuous problems at Afternic. That's why I've started moving away from Godaddy DDC (VIP account) and moving to Porkbun, and I will continue to do so. Missed renewal revenues for Godaddy during the last year alone: USD 55K from me. Been a client for a long time. Godaddy C-suite has contributed to my website. Today, I can highly recommend Porkbun.

Last edited:
•••
Joe is a great person. But I have mixed feelings about the Afternic presence on this forum. This is something @bmugford raised as well, recently. Indeed, NamePros is not a support forum, but there are some expectations when staff is often participating in threads. Personally I have some frustrations with Customer Service at Godaddy and the unfixed and continuous problems at Afternic. That's why I've started moving away from Godaddy DCC and moving to Porkbun and I will continue to do so. Missed renewal revenues for Godaddy during the last year: USD 55K from me.

Couldn't agree more. I don't like GD/AN a single bit. All they have going in favour of using them is their brand recognition and inventory. Everything else is bloated, slow or not working properly. AN is even worse than GD, using them (UI/UX) is like taking a time machine and travelling back to the '00.

They do bring in sales though :)

•••
On subject :) my favourites are Dynadot, porkbun, Namesilo and namecheap. In no particular order. Cost effective, easy to work with and fairly secure.

•••
Couldn't agree more. I don't like GD/AN a single bit. All they have going in favour of using them is their brand recognition and inventory. Everything else is bloated, slow or not working properly. AN is even worse than GD, using them (UI/UX) is like taking a time machine and travelling back to the '00.

They do bring in sales though :)
They should take UNI's UI, change colors, brand it godaddy, and call it a day.

•••
They should take UNI's UI, change colors, brand it godaddy, and call it a day.

Agree or at least I thought they should make Uniregistry their domain investor product and gear it solely to domain investors.

•••

I have nothing against Joe at all and I have been a loyal GoDaddy customer for over 10 years now, but found it odd that he started mocking which I have not seen him do before, sometimes you have to listen to customer's complaints so the company or forum or whatever can learn and grow from.

PS And yes I still am GD's customer and even voted for them in the top 3, but I have to say I moved most of my domains out after the Brent Oxley incident when they held his premium domains hostage in the legal matter, which may be one of the reasons for their declining poll numbers.

But hey that's just my opinion, nothing personal, back to topic.

Last edited:
•••
I have nothing against Joe at all and I have been a loyal GoDaddy customer for over 10 years now, but found it odd that he started mocking which I have not seen him do before, sometimes you have to listen to customer's complaints so the company or forum or whatever can learn and grow from.

PS And yes I still am GD's customer and even voted for them in the top 3, but I have to say I moved most of my domains out after the Brent Oxley incident when they held his premium domains hostage in the legal matter, which may be one of the reasons for their declining poll numbers.

But hey that's just my opinion, nothing personal, back to topic.
I was joking around implying that Domain Investors are smarter than you think especially at something in their wheelhouse, scanning lists of names in no particular order to find the gems. Sometimes people dont get my dry sense of humor which is why i included a smiley emoji ;)

•••
I was joking around implying that Domain Investors are smarter than you think especially at something in their wheelhouse, scanning lists of names in no particular order to find the gems. Sometimes people dont get my dry sense of humor which is why i included a smiley emoji ;)
I appreciate your explanation, sometimes it's hard to know when someone's joking or being sarcastic with the smiley faces these days on the internet haha cheers :)

•••
•••
Using Namecheap for most domains (primarily coms). Bought some fms via Dynadot, and ggs via Channel Islands Registrar.

•••
Dynadot 237 votes
Namecheap 116 votes
Epik 89 votes
Porkbun 74 votes
Namesilo 65 votes
Godaddy 59 votes
Sav 47 votes
753 voters

•••
When you are joking you need to change the picture so we can see you smile otherwise no one would know if you are joking with the face like that!

•••
I think it says A LOT, that PorkBun are in fourth place and trouncing even GODADDY. I think what it is saying is GoDaddy is a Retailer of domains to end users, with not many passionate people registered here on NP's, whereas PorkBun is directly going after the domainer market segment, who naturally are registered at NP's. It also says something about all the bugs I see on almost every page I visit in GoDaddy and their pricing, which doesn't make them domain friendly either. I think GoDaddy tolerate lots of bugs. Like being logged in or not logged in alternatively on the same url. Shame on them. I think they have almost NOTHING going for them as a Registrar. I also think the some people (domainers) who think they provide a wealth of opportunity, is flawed because the transfer process takes care of the registrar the buyer wishes to use. In most cases of fixed priced sales.

•••
1. NameCheap
2. Pananames

•••
•••
Epik, Dynadot and Porkbun... on that particular order.

•••
I've been domaining for more than 15 years. If any newbies are looking for great registrars to consider, I'm pretty unbiased, and my top three, hands down, are:

Namecheap
Dynadot
Porkbun

in no particular order.

•••
Employees are prohibited from voting.

Great, I'm not an employee of registrar anymore.

My personal choice: Epik, CloudFlare, Internet.bs

Epik great for domainers, CloudFlare great for IT, Internet.bs great for offshore my domains.

He-he :)

•••
•••
I think namepros.com and dynadot.com have same owner.

•••
•••
Dynadot - Total control, keys are yours, peace of mind
Godaddy - Daylight robbery.

Only thing that bugs is relative time out - re-sign in. . .
It's a trouble when adding a bunch of names slowly to cart and when checking out. , only to force-sign out . , then sign-in . . and the names in the cart gone kaput !. . . have to do it all over again. , but faster this time. clock's ticking!

Storm Hawk
There is a setting for sign-in duration! Hidden in Advanced Options:
ScreenShot 2021-11-09 at 21.53.44.png

Dynadot has the best user interface and it's not close. Their site works well and consistently; they regularly improve things and their whole business approach is straight forward, no bullshit. Transfers are fast. So many registrars have the most garbage websites.

•••
•••
currently, am in with
Dynadot
Epik
Porkbun

•••
Back