Register.it

votes
    0.0%

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The voting will take place for the last two months of 2021 the poll closes on December 31,2021.
You can make up to 3 choices. This way you will have plenty of time to think about your vote, you will have time to change your votes if you so desire.

Employees are prohibited from voting.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

I think the poll is fine as is personally.

The first person to complain about this format was Rob, in a long list of other complaints and conspiracies, as if the only valid poll was the one that they won or something - 1 vote + lobbying for votes + employees voting.

If there needs to be another poll, so be it. I feel like we are on the path to participation trophies here. Let's just have many polls so everyone can win. :xf.laugh:

I assume employees are not allowed to vote in this one either?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I think the poll is fine as is personally.

The first person to complain about this format was Rob, in a long list of other complaints and conspiracies, as if the only valid poll was the one that they won or something.

1 vote + lobbying for votes + employees voting.

If there needs to be another poll, so be it. I feel like we are on the path to participation trophies here. Let's just have many polls so everyone can win. :xf.laugh:

I assume employees are not allowed to vote in this one either?

Brad

I know Brad, I aims to please. A few asked for it so I don't mind. This one is public, so you can see who voted.

•••
I know Brad, I aims to please. A few asked for it so I don't mind. This one is public, so you can see who voted.

And Epik also got premium placement at the very top of the list. They should have nothing to bitch about now.

I think we need a poll now with (2) choices. JK. :ROFL:

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I prefer registrars that makes things easy to transfer out my domains when it has expired, doesn't lock it and makes it difficult.

Last edited:
•••
There are 3 registrar polls running simultaneously:

1) Your Favorite Registrar of the year 2021 (3 choices) (votes private) *Current Thread/Poll
2) If I could only use one registrar for the next 12 months it would be? (1 choice) (votes public)
3) What Is The Worst Registrar of 2021 (1 choice) (votes private)

This is a great idea to have all 3 polls running at the same time, because we can now truly compare and make a better analyses.

PS I've added these polls together and posted this on all three threads so we can find them easier.

Last edited:
•••
I voted two, Dynadot and Namecheap and I am looking forward to DAN as a registrar.

•••
Thank you.

But again, sorting alphabetically would have been quite easy, especially when you have been notified by @bmugford for this poll.

Godaddy porkbun uni sav should be up, using your method, with the main players dynadot namesilo namecheap epik, not buried deep after a series of wierd registrars no one knows of.

Very unprofessional.

But wtv, people know who they like. They'll find them.

•••
Lol @Dynadot

Purchased a domain at BIN and opted to do so specifically from Dynadot as the domain is registered there, only to be told there's a 10-20 day processing time.

Funds and account have been verified & my domain is being held hostage for no good damn reason.
Has anyone ever been able to actually get anyone on the phone @Dynadot?

I've been trying for a week. Ridiculous

•••
But again, sorting alphabetically would have been quite easy

Even better, show the poll options randomly with every single refresh. Don't know if this is an option in the forum software.

•••
The funny thing to me is while Rob is whining about this format, how does he think Epik would do any better in a poll where people pick only their top choice? If Epik was only picked 19.1% of the time in the top 3, it makes no logical sense that they would do better when people can only select 1.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
They have a chance to be the top pick at the other votes
The worst registrar of the year.

•••
Poll should include--the best and the worst!!

Best web hosting registrar?

Best domain registration registrar? I choose SAV because it is the cheapest and nothing fancy.

Best registrar overall-customer service, etc etc

•••
I have seen several things regarding GoDaddy kind of spiral out of control on NamePros because of a lack of engagement.

Paul and Joe do a good job, but it is simply not reasonable or feasible for them to have full time jobs and also dedicate significant time to NamePros as well.

I just don't see any real excuse for a company of GoDaddy's size to not have the ability to dedicate the resources. It would be better for everyone involved.

Brad
It is true we have other jobs :) but we both like the community and want to do what we can to support it as well as improve our company based on feedback from everyone. I appreciate being tagged any time on here and wish i was able to be on Namepros more. I know @Paul Nicks is looking at other ways to help GoDaddy engage more with the community.

•••
Thank you.

But again, sorting alphabetically would have been quite easy, especially when you have been notified by @bmugford for this poll.

Godaddy porkbun uni sav should be up, using your method, with the main players dynadot namesilo namecheap epik, not buried deep after a series of wierd registrars no one knows of.

Very unprofessional.

But wtv, people know who they like. They'll find them.

If people are having a problem finding the registrar they are looking for to vote, I hope they find the help they need. And if Alphabetical, guess where Sav and Uniregistry are?

But this is domaining people have to find something to complain about.
Even better, show the poll options randomly with every single refresh. Don't know if this is an option in the forum software.

It's not

•••
•••
If people are having a problem finding the registrar they are looking for to vote, I hope they find the help they need. And if Alphabetical, guess where Sav and Uniregistry are?

It's not
Haha yes!
CTRL + F to all the complainers :) You're not telling me domain investors don't know their way around a computer or are not able to quickly scan through lists of names and find what they need!

•••
Haha yes!
CTRL + F to all the complainers :) You're not telling me domain investors don't know their way around a computer or are not able to quickly scan through lists of names and find what they need!

Pro tip, Marketing/Customer service 101:

Joe,

Never mock your (potential) customers and always stay professional representing the company you work for. Customer is always King, is what I learned in my first lesson in marketing class a long time ago. Please with all due respect stay professional and learn from the mistake of others, you may lose some customers too and I don't think your CEO would appreciate that, I certainly wouldn't. I wish GoDaddy all the best with the polls.

Cheers,
Frans

Last edited:
•••
Pro tip, Marketing/Customer service 101:

Never mock your (potential) customers and always stay professional representing the company you work for. Customer is always King, is what I learned in my first lesson in marketing class a long time ago. Please with all due respect stay professional, you may lose some customers too and I don't think your CEO would appreciate that, I certainly wouldn't. I wish GoDaddy all the best with the polls.

BS--who said customer is always King and is always right and have to be treated right...BS

Some "customers" are big F*&^ing big A holes.

I rather have 10 high value customers than 100000 low paying shit**&&y customers and they can go F other companies and waste their time and resources

•••
Dynadot for SedoMLS and Fast transfer, also prices are good.

Namecheap due to live support, pricing and other features.

•••

It's not
As I said already, they'll find them, thats straightforward.

Point is, either sort alphabetically since its the way to go, and since you've been notified already for this poll.

Or using your own method, put all the main players together above.

Because otherwise you just seem unbiased, and unprofessional.

Among other things
Just a question. No accusations here.
Is epik somehow funding or advertising any of your blogs?

Because he's reached out to many pubicly here on namepros. At some point he even said @Paul Nicks was welcome to come work for epik when GD gets in trouble (or something like that). He also invited @Michael to come and collab on his 19 chapter book, before ranting him, and so on.

So,
Is epik your partner?
No offense, I dont see Rob missing on such an opportunity.

No Epik is not an advertiser on TLDInvestors.com or TheDomains.com. Back in 2019 I actually returned money (don't think many are doing that one) after a campaign just started but I did not like the stuff that was coming out about a conspiracy.

Knowing you've already financially known each other and seeng epik's position on that poll is mysterious.

Can't blame me, you just made fancy stuff. TLDinvestors definitly should be more professional.
Thats for constructive argumentation.

As for trolling/complaining/wondering.
Since that door's open.

Did Rob pay you to start this 3 choice poll in early october when it was made clear they'd now run in december before everyone else to make sure you introduce 3 choices to max epik's chance of bitmitigating damage?

•••
Also, mods said they are technically able to start these yearly polls, I was asking for next year.
In case our charismatic bowtie grammy presenter @Bob Hawkes doesn't want to.
Otherwise who knows, up and coming registrars might hire people to start fancy polls.
Since our unnoficial polls kinda weigh, to the point of finding their way on epik's homepage or on namecheap/dynadot press releases (forgot which one), might as well make them formal.

Fact. Should be Registrar of the Year, held at the end of the year.

@Bob Hawkes is also welcome to start polls. I tagged @equity78 because his voice weighs.
But so does Bob's, everyone agrees with Bob.

Hello,

You know as GoDaddy's CEO will be at Namescon.
If we are really serious about it.
We could get @Bob Hawkes to deliver a message to Mr Bhutani.
Like the official namepros community (domainers) representative.
Since it's a domainer's conference.
And namepros being the main spot for domainers.
We could easily have someone deliver a message on behalf of domainers.
Someone trustworthy, immune to external influences, and bribery.

Our message:
we want GoDaddy landers and free Whois privacy with discount club lol.
I'm dead serious.

Slow payment, apparently good for fraud protection, crypto payment, let's try to not mention those non-essential points. It's a large corporation.

Keep it simple. Like 3 points.

100% GoDaddy branded landers.
Free Whois privacy with discount club.
Something else.

I suspect he will have 2 bodyguards.
@Joe Styler @Paul Nicks

2 bodyguards which could be our door to Mr Bhutani, if the namepros community is dead serious about conveying its official message through @Bob Hawkes

As a new CEO he must be curious or willing to learn about domain investing or something.
Don't think he's ever returning to Namescon after that lol.
Sometimes stars align. I believe this is our chance.

•••
#1 Epik, of course.
Then Namecheap.

•••
Hi

i have accounts at various registrars,
but since majority of my domains are at Fabulous.com
then it will be my 1st. choice.

good old school customer service
any expiring names, go directly to auction
any of those that sell, i get a % :)

they also have ppc/parking function via parking crew
domain inquiry/sales management tools
easy to use dashboard.

also have a few names @ dynadot and a couple at netsol.
the latter account i keep for "catches" @ nj/snap.

imo...

•••
As I said already, they'll find them, thats straightforward.

Point is, either sort alphabetically since its the way to go, and since you've been notified already for this poll.

Or using your own method, put all the main players together above.

Because otherwise you just seem unbiased, and unprofessional.

Among other things

Knowing you've already financially known each other and seeng epik's position on that poll is mysterious.

Can't blame me, you just made fancy stuff. TLDinvestors definitly should be more professional.
Thats for constructive argumentation.

As for trolling/complaining/wondering.
Since that door's open.

Did Rob pay you to start this 3 choice poll in early october when it was made clear they'd now run in december before everyone else to make sure you introduce 3 choices to max epik's chance of bitmitigating damage?

I have no relationship with Epik, and Epik has not paid me for anything. The poll runs to the end of the year and gives people max opportunity to assess, I am not paid anything and don't owe anyone at Namepros anything.

This is just a poll that we have been putting up since 2016. Nothing more or nothing less.

•••
Back