Register.it

votes
    0.0%

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The voting will take place for the last two months of 2021 the poll closes on December 31,2021.
You can make up to 3 choices. This way you will have plenty of time to think about your vote, you will have time to change your votes if you so desire.

Employees are prohibited from voting.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just started adding Brad to be honest, and then I added more than we ever had, I read one time one person liked Hostinger so I added them, one person 123-Reg.

Not to be mean or rude but it's always going to come down to 1 of 5 registrars as the winner in my opinion.

Dynadot, Epik, Namecheap, GoDaddy, NameSilo a couple others who have been up and coming like Porkbun and Sav.

Yeah, I just thought it would be easier to find if they were alphabetical, but I agree with the underlying point...only a few on the list are real contenders.

Dynadot has almost 50% of all votes so far. Impressive.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Is there any easy way to find previous polls?

It seems like Dynadot always does well in the domain community.

Even when they didn't win, in a poll involving lobbying and other shenanigans, they still finished 2nd and lost by far fewer votes than the number of employees the winner had on NamePros.

That is a good rule.

Brad

Previous

GoDaddy wins in 2017 https://www.namepros.com/threads/who-is-the-best-registrar-in-the-business.1051189/

18 months later NameSilo won https://www.namepros.com/threads/who-is-the-best-registrar-in-the-business-2019-edition.1135392/

Epik won the early 2020 https://www.namepros.com/threads/epik-wins-the-namepros-2020-best-registrar.1183404/

Dynadot won end of the year 2020 https://www.namepros.com/threads/best-favorite-registrar-end-of-year-poll.1219904/

•••

Thanks for the links.

You can see the trend there. The rise of Dynadot and fall of GoDaddy when it comes to domain investors.

GoDaddy is still my preferred registrar, but I think GoDaddy could do a lot better when it comes to engagement with the domain investment community. They certainly have the resources to dedicate more to that.

There are a lot of common complaints when it comes to GoDaddy's system and domain management. GoDaddy would probably do well to collect this feedback from the investment community.

@Paul Nicks and @Joe Styler do all they can do on NamePros while also having a full time job, but for a large domain forum it would probably make sense to dedicate more resources here.

This is a multi-billion dollar company. You figure dedicating one or a handful of people to a full time job would make sense as a liaison between GoDaddy and the largest domain investment forum.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the links.

You can see the trend there. The rise of Dynadot and fall of GoDaddy.

GoDaddy is still my preferred registrar, but I think GoDaddy could do a lot better when it comes to engagement with the domain investment community. They certainly have the resources to dedicate more to that.

There are a lot of common complaints when it comes to GoDaddy's system and domain management. GoDaddy would probably do well to collect this feedback from the investment community.

@Paul Nicks and @Joe Styler do all they can do on NamePros while also having a full time job, but for a large domain forum it would probably make sense to dedicate more resources here.

This is a multi-billion dollar company. You figure dedicating one or a handful of people to a full time job would make sense as a liaison between GoDaddy and the largest domain investment forum.

Brad

I can say this over the years I have mentioned similar sentiments to people at many industry participants, and most told me they were not interested in my thoughts, they were not going to engage more.

I always try to let people know when they are being talked bad about so they can address, it's a service I provide to advertisers as an extra set of eyes.

I will say guys like @matt_bodis and @DAN.COM usually are like thanks we will look into it right away, same with @namesilo. @Paul Nicks certainly has too when I have emailed him something.

But many don't seem to care as much or they might not have the people to dedicate to it.

I do think the polls tell an interesting story, you see how some have fallen out of favor and others are on the up tick.

•••
I can say this over the years I have mentioned similar sentiments to people at many industry participants, and most told me they were not interested in my thoughts, they were not going to engage more.

I always try to let people know when they are being talked bad about so they can address, it's a service I provide to advertisers as an extra set of eyes.

I will say guys like @matt_bodis and @DAN.COM usually are like thanks we will look into it right away, same with @namesilo. @Paul Nicks certainly has too when I have emailed him something.

But many don't seem to care as much or they might not have the people to dedicate to it.

I do think the polls tell an interesting story, you see how some have fallen out of favor and others are on the up tick.

I have seen several things regarding GoDaddy kind of spiral out of control on NamePros because of a lack of engagement.

Paul and Joe do a good job, but it is simply not reasonable or feasible for them to have full time jobs and also dedicate significant time to NamePros as well.

I just don't see any real excuse for a company of GoDaddy's size to not have the ability to dedicate the resources. It would be better for everyone involved.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I wonder who are those 2 members who voted Network Solutions 😁

Last edited:
•••
PorkBun and NetworkSolutions for me

•••
•••
Curious to know the reason(s) why you like NetworkSolutions

In fact 2nd Best , 2-Factor is enabled and reasons are their Promos for new registerations all around the year. Another reason is all my namejet + CatchService backorders are being managed there without any issue so far.

My first best is Porkbun and dynadot. Porkbun has decent pricing structure than others for all TLDs.

•••
Not to be mean or rude but it's always going to come down to 1 of 5 registrars as the winner in my opinion.

An important reason may be that votes are visible for all, during the poll. One tends to choose winners.

•••
•••
Well well well... how the turntables have turned.

•••
I am not fully committed to any one registrar. I also don’t think its always wise to have all your eggs in one basket.

I judge year to year based on that year. 2020 and 2021 provided new challenges due to covid and uncertain economy. 2021 has provided us with the first of 4 known price increases on renewals.

I have voted for the two companies who provided MANY transfer and registration deals up to the point of the first renewal price increase on September 1. They continue to periodically provide the best deals they can after the increase.

It matters to me among other things that a registrar takes a supportive stance towards portfolio holders in what has been trying times for some.

Price, ease of use, support and security are the factors I look at.

•••
I am just curious what would be the results if we have
Your Worse Registrar of the year 2021
Because in the Favorite Registrars vote you only see the good things about them

We need to know which one has the bad things.
IMO

•••
•••
Why i like dynadot most mainly because their transfer of domain to another registar if you sell a domain is almost immediate..you will get email to approve transfer and once you approve it,the domain is instantly transferred..

Many other popular registrars still take 3-5 days for trasferring a domain..

•••
I am not fully committed to any one registrar. I also don’t think its always wise to have all your eggs in one basket.

I judge year to year based on that year. 2020 and 2021 provided new challenges due to covid and uncertain economy. 2021 has provided us with the first of 4 known price increases on renewals.

I have voted for the two companies who provided MANY transfer and registration deals up to the point of the first renewal price increase on September 1. They continue to periodically provide the best deals they can after the increase.

It matters to me among other things that a registrar takes a supportive stance towards portfolio holders in what has been trying times for some.

Price, ease of use, support and security are the factors I look at.

Agree.

•••
Okay I vote for Epik.com - The best domain registrar.

•••
Dynadot is not my fav because url forwarding sometimes not working.
unable pushing or transfer expired domains can not gift domains to others.

Last edited:
•••
Lol @Dynadot

Purchased a domain at BIN and opted to do so specifically from Dynadot as the domain is registered there, only to be told there's a 10-20 day processing time.

Funds and account have been verified & my domain is being held hostage for no good damn reason.

•••
•••
Its an " Honor System" 🙄

Well it's more than that, the mods are going to remove employee votes when the poll closes. So there will be a little bit of time for them to review. So employees voting are just wasting their time it will not matter in the end results.

•••
•••
Dynadot is not my fav because url forwarding sometimes not working.
unable pushing or transfer expired domains can not gift domains to others.

You just have to ask them and they will allow pushes of expired domains up to 30 days is not a problem.

•••
The Qs should be--
the best Registrar for registering the domains-Sav--cheapest -easy and nothing fancy
the best Registrar for hosting- no idea
the best Registrar Overall- no idea

•••
Back