Register.it

votes
    0.0%

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The voting will take place for the last two months of 2021 the poll closes on December 31,2021.
You can make up to 3 choices. This way you will have plenty of time to think about your vote, you will have time to change your votes if you so desire.

Employees are prohibited from voting.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Porkbun, Dynadot and Namesilo still holding it down, in whatever order.

As for some of the other votes, please wink twice if you're in a hostage situation. There's no other explanation lol.

•••
Porkbun is my favorite registrar. They have competitive pricing and great bulk domain management options.

•••
For the past few years my vote was always for Epik without thinking twice, but now I can't.

Dynadot is the best at the moment.

•••
•••
I feel Dynadot will win this year by a mile ... and rightly so. Hard (and smart) work always pays off.

Namesilo has always been on top for me however after the acquisition something changed a bit and faded away. Anyway, one of the best registrars out there, no doubt.

My votes: Dynadot, Namesilo, 123-Reg

•••
Porkbun. The lean and mean registrar that just does the job. Mostly you only see them do marketing on their own website and not on this forum, but I think they should be on nP more often. Low pricing for all customers without having to subscribe to additional memberships. Thanks for bringing us ICANN Wiki (y)

Last edited:
•••
I stick with NameSilo. Simple to use, transparent pricing.

•••
The voting will take place for the last two months of 2021 the poll closes on December 31,2021.
You can make up to 3 choices. This way you will have plenty of time to think about your vote, you will have time to change your votes if you so desire.

I'm actually wondering, what makes for a good and favorite registrar? Why do people favor one over another might be the most important thing to know. Some people just like one registrar without ever trying another. Does that make one better than another? For me the most important factors are as long as they have good prices, good security and an easy interface to work with.

Last edited:
•••
I'm actually wondering, what makes for a good and favorite registrar? Why do people favor one over another might be the most important thing to know. Some people just like one registrar without ever trying another. Does that make one better than another? For me is as long as they have good prices, good security and an easy interface to work with.

I think for many price is number one, we did have a poll years ago and price was number 1 in importance, then security was number 2.

•••
In the end, the tens of thousands of detailed postings in threads on this forum combined give the best insight, and it's almost impossible to summarize them in a poll. Still like the initiative though.

•••
I think for many price is number one, we did have a poll years ago and price was number 1 in importance, then security was number 2.
For example Epik is doing pretty good to my surprise after the security breach, so is price the most important and security much less important to people, or aren't most people aware of the security of registrars, even after a security incident which happened recently.

•••
For me on
1st place Epik / Dynadot
2.Porkbun
3.Namesilo
4.Namecheap

•••
I have been using NameSilo for the past 5 years. I had no problems with them at all.

•••
•••
dynadot is a top of mind registrar

•••
It's weird there's a bunch of talk about PorkBun, but I never see people buying and selling PorkBun domains on here

•••
I've always had my domains with NameSilo, there's never a bad word about them, site is simple to navigate, easy to transfer (both in and out), good/fast customer service, I've never had any reason to change.

Last edited:
•••
Loved to say Dynadot yet for the last 2 days i lost the chance of regging 3 .uk domains due to their slow processing. I strongly don't recommend anybody to reg .uk domains via Dynadot if the name niche is in trend. You may wait for more than 10 hours and someone may reg that name with another registrar while you are waiting. (this is what happened to me)

Porkbun is doing really great both with prices and easy managable DASH. This time i'll go with Porkbun.

•••
What makes Dynadot so good? (or so popular?)
Promo and UX
Before I encountered their privacy investigation, this was my favorite registrar and only this one.
But in addition to security, user privacy is also an important factor. That's why I didn't vote for NAME.COM (they don't offer free WHOIS protection).
For me, DAN is probably the registrar I look forward to the most, I am currently moving all my portfolios to NameCheap and their live support is the best.

DAN -> NameCheap -> Dynadot -> Name.com/Godaddy.com

Last edited:
•••

Good is at the end of the year and not in the beginning ,Many things can happen in 1 year.

•••
•••

Is there any easy way to find previous polls?

It seems like Dynadot always does well in the domain community.

Even when they didn't win, in a poll involving lobbying and other shenanigans, they still finished 2nd and lost by far fewer votes than the number of employees the winner had on NamePros.

That is a good rule.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
How did you choose what order these were listed in?

Wouldn't something like alphabetical make it easier?

Brad

•••
I'm actually wondering, what makes for a good and favorite registrar? Why do people favor one over another might be the most important thing to know. Some people just like one registrar without ever trying another. Does that make one better than another? For me the most important factors are as long as they have good prices, good security and an easy interface to work with.

- Security
- Price
- Support
- Ease of use

Those would all be at the top of my list.

Brad

•••
How did you choose what order these were listed in?

Wouldn't something like alphabetical make it easier?

Brad

I just started adding Brad to be honest, and then I added more than we ever had, I read one time one person liked Hostinger so I added them, one person 123-Reg.

Not to be mean or rude but it's always going to come down to 1 of 5 registrars as the winner in my opinion.

Dynadot, Epik, Namecheap, GoDaddy, NameSilo a couple others who have been up and coming like Porkbun and Sav.

•••
Back