Dynadot

poll Your Favorite Registrar of the year 2021

Namecheap

Your registrar of the year 2021

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Name.com

votes
    1.7%
  • NameSilo

votes
    13.9%
  • Network Solutions

votes
    0.3%
  • NameCheap

votes
    23.7%
  • Epik

votes
    17.9%
  • Sav

votes
    9.1%
  • Register.com

votes
    0.0%
  • Porkbun

votes
    14.8%
  • Uniregistry

votes
    2.1%
  • GoDaddy

votes
    11.9%
  • Dynadot

votes
    49.8%
  • 101Domain

votes
    0.0%
  • CloudFlare

votes
    0.9%
  • DirectNic

votes
    0.0%
  • Domain.com

votes
    0.0%
  • Dotster

votes
    0.0%
  • Google

votes
    1.2%
  • Hexonet

votes
    0.7%
  • Hover

vote
    0.2%
  • InternetBS

votes
    1.2%
  • Moniker

vote
    0.2%
  • Namebright

votes
    1.7%
  • Namepal

votes
    0.0%
  • Rebel

votes
    0.0%
  • Fabulous

votes
    0.5%
  • 123-Reg

votes
    1.4%
  • ResellerClub

votes
    0.0%
  • HostPapa

vote
    0.2%
  • Hostinger

vote
    0.2%
  • Gandi

vote
    0.2%
  • BlueHost

votes
    0.0%
  • Alibaba Cloud

vote
    0.2%
  • Public Domain Registry

vote
    0.2%
  • HiChina

votes
    0.0%
  • Ionos

votes
    0.3%
  • Onamae

votes
    0.0%
  • OVH

votes
    0.0%
  • Reg.ru

vote
    0.2%
  • Register.it

votes
    0.0%
  • Joker.com

vote
    0.2%

Impact
I feel Dynadot will win this year by a mile ... and rightly so. Hard (and smart) work always pays off.

Namesilo has always been on top for me however after the acquisition something changed a bit and faded away. Anyway, one of the best registrars out there, no doubt.

My votes: Dynadot, Namesilo, 123-Reg

Future Sensors

78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots
Impact
Porkbun. The lean and mean registrar that just does the job. Mostly you only see them do marketing on their own website and not on this forum, but I think they should be on nP more often. Low pricing for all customers without having to subscribe to additional memberships. Thanks for bringing us ICANN Wiki (y)

Last edited:

Frans Citroën

Top Member
Impact
The voting will take place for the last two months of 2021 the poll closes on December 31,2021.
You can make up to 3 choices. This way you will have plenty of time to think about your vote, you will have time to change your votes if you so desire.

Employees are prohibited from voting.

I'm actually wondering, what makes for a good and favorite registrar? Why do people favor one over another might be the most important thing to know. Some people just like one registrar without ever trying another. Does that make one better than another? For me the most important factors are as long as they have good prices, good security and an easy interface to work with.

Last edited:

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
I'm actually wondering, what makes for a good and favorite registrar? Why do people favor one over another might be the most important thing to know. Some people just like one registrar without ever trying another. Does that make one better than another? For me is as long as they have good prices, good security and an easy interface to work with.

I think for many price is number one, we did have a poll years ago and price was number 1 in importance, then security was number 2.

Frans Citroën

Top Member
Impact
I think for many price is number one, we did have a poll years ago and price was number 1 in importance, then security was number 2.
For example Epik is doing pretty good to my surprise after the security breach, so is price the most important and security much less important to people, or aren't most people aware of the security of registrars, even after a security incident which happened recently.

olcayto

Established Member
Impact
Loved to say Dynadot yet for the last 2 days i lost the chance of regging 3 .uk domains due to their slow processing. I strongly don't recommend anybody to reg .uk domains via Dynadot if the name niche is in trend. You may wait for more than 10 hours and someone may reg that name with another registrar while you are waiting. (this is what happened to me)

Porkbun is doing really great both with prices and easy managable DASH. This time i'll go with Porkbun.

HappyW

Collector
Impact
What makes Dynadot so good? (or so popular?)
Promo and UX
Before I encountered their privacy investigation, this was my favorite registrar and only this one.
But in addition to security, user privacy is also an important factor. That's why I didn't vote for NAME.COM (they don't offer free WHOIS protection).
For me, DAN is probably the registrar I look forward to the most, I am currently moving all my portfolios to NameCheap and their live support is the best.

DAN -> NameCheap -> Dynadot -> Name.com/Godaddy.com

Last edited:

franka46

Established Member
Impact
The voting will take place for the last two months of 2021 the poll closes on December 31,2021.
You can make up to 3 choices. This way you will have plenty of time to think about your vote, you will have time to change your votes if you so desire.

Good is at the end of the year and not in the beginning ,Many things can happen in 1 year.

Is there any easy way to find previous polls?

It seems like Dynadot always does well in the domain community.

Even when they didn't win, in a poll involving lobbying and other shenanigans, they still finished 2nd and lost by far fewer votes than the number of employees the winner had on NamePros.

That is a good rule.

Brad

Last edited:
I'm actually wondering, what makes for a good and favorite registrar? Why do people favor one over another might be the most important thing to know. Some people just like one registrar without ever trying another. Does that make one better than another? For me the most important factors are as long as they have good prices, good security and an easy interface to work with.

- Security
- Price
- Support
- Ease of use

Those would all be at the top of my list.

Brad

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
How did you choose what order these were listed in?

Wouldn't something like alphabetical make it easier?

Brad

I just started adding Brad to be honest, and then I added more than we ever had, I read one time one person liked Hostinger so I added them, one person 123-Reg.

Not to be mean or rude but it's always going to come down to 1 of 5 registrars as the winner in my opinion.

Dynadot, Epik, Namecheap, GoDaddy, NameSilo a couple others who have been up and coming like Porkbun and Sav.